PDA

View Full Version : The Skating Podcast - Upcoming interview with Frank Carroll

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

DBZ
03-31-2013, 06:45 AM
Just saw this announcement on their FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/TheSkatingLesson

2 hour interview, covering Michelle, Evan, Timothy, Linda, etc., etc.

I. Can't. Wait!

EDIT: Sorry, title should read The Skating LESSON Podcast. Can an admin add that to the title. Thanks!

skateboy
03-31-2013, 07:07 AM
Just saw this announcement on their FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/TheSkatingLesson

2 hour interview, covering Michelle, Evan, Timothy, Linda, etc., etc.

I. Can't. Wait!

EDIT: Sorry, title should read The Skating LESSON Podcast. Can an admin add that to the title. Thanks!

Interview with Frank! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

FSfan107
03-31-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm so looking forward to this! :)

kwanette
03-31-2013, 04:02 PM
Totally awesome, two hrs with Frank!

ChelleC
03-31-2013, 04:49 PM
I cannot wait to watch this interview!

caseyedwards
03-31-2013, 07:27 PM
In 2010 it was ridiculous how his defense of an absurd win by a quadless technical regresser evolved into attacking anyone who disagreed with it as seeking to abolish everything but jumps and have jumping contests with nothing else. I was disgraceful and the worst win ever and if rules hadn't been changed quads would likely have vanished as they were already! His extreme technical ultraconservatism nearly ruined the whole technical progress of men's jumping where his student stopped even attempting quads in international competition and broke at 3 the number of Olympics in a row where winners did quads! Disgraceful and outrageous 2010! His career nadir and the worst year for men's skating ever and anyone who disagreed with it wanted nothing else but abolition of spins steps music everything!

Lysacek tried a quad at nationals. After the Olympics said he was a totally complete skater without the quad and didn't say anything about being injured just being afraid but who cares because he was complete without one anyway!

kosjenka
03-31-2013, 09:00 PM
Considering what Tim said about their parting in his chat - I cannot wait to hear from Frank :D

kwanette
04-01-2013, 12:27 PM
In 2010 it was ridiculous how his defense of an absurd win by a quadless technical regresser evolved into attacking anyone who disagreed with it as seeking to abolish everything but jumps and have jumping contests with nothing else. I was disgraceful and the worst win ever and if rules hadn't been changed quads would likely have vanished as they were already! His extreme technical ultraconservatism nearly ruined the whole technical progress of men's jumping where his student stopped even attempting quads in international competition and broke at 3 the number of Olympics in a row where winners did quads! Disgraceful and outrageous 2010! His career nadir and the worst year for men's skating ever and anyone who disagreed with it wanted nothing else but abolition of spins steps music everything!

Lysacek tried a quad at nationals. After the Olympics said he was a totally complete skater without the quad and didn't say anything about being injured just being afraid but who cares because he was complete without one anyway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS2nWLz-AbE

Sparks
04-01-2013, 06:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS2nWLz-AbE

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

orbitz
04-01-2013, 06:25 PM
I hope Frank will be chatty and spills everything :)

They should try to find out Frank's Hollywood name.

overedge
04-01-2013, 07:14 PM

From The Skating Lesson's Facebook page:

Casey Edwards
What outrageous losers lysacek and carroll were in 2010!! With their technical regression no quad strategy because he got no points in his attempt a the free skate at us nationals! Then they both going around saying anyone who opposes their win wants figure jumping or a jump contest! All to give the worst win ever some defense.

caseyedwards, you are beyond ridiculous.

SkateFan66
04-01-2013, 07:25 PM
From The Skating Lesson's Facebook page:

caseyedwards, you are beyond ridiculous.

I agree. Sad that someone has that much pent up anger over the outcome of a sporting event.

caseyedwards
04-01-2013, 08:44 PM
It surely was one of the most influential things in recent skating history what with the rule changes that came after and the 2013 worlds where you had more quads in both sp and lp than ever before! Very difficult to find quadlessness now and try to find anyone saying they are complete without quads! You can't! The issue of quads in men's skating has been moved to 3a style mandatory. 2010 Olympics men's winner was a horrible joke and just hard to find that anywhere even in Jrs. Jrs now are doing more difficult jumps to win jrgpf and jr worlds than what won the Olympics in 2010. You want to sever it from backlash over the ridiculous win in 2010 go ahead!

SkateFan66
04-01-2013, 09:27 PM
It surely was one of the most influential things in recent skating history what with the rule changes that came after and the 2013 worlds where you had more quads in both sp and lp than ever before! Very difficult to find quadlessness now and try to find anyone saying they are complete without quads! You can't! The issue of quads in men's skating has been moved to 3a style mandatory. 2010 Olympics men's winner was a horrible joke and just hard to find that anywhere even in Jrs. Jrs now are doing more difficult jumps to win jrgpf and jr worlds than what won the Olympics in 2010. You want to sever it from backlash over the ridiculous win in 2010 go ahead!

Why do you keep dwelling on 2010? You can't undo the past. No matter how much you pout and whine about it, the results of the 2010 Olympics will not change.

You should be rejoicing about all the quads that are being attempted in competitions the last few years. Instead you keep spewing your venom all over cyberspace about Lysacek. What is next on your agenda, hand delivering threatening messages to Lysacek? ... Oh wait, you already tried that.

caseyedwards
04-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Where are all these quads coming from? Lol the rule changes encouraged them. When did the rule changes happen? With all their comments about figure jumping and jumping contests no one can repeat how the 2010 men's win in singles happened! Their comments and philosophy to win in 2010 never should have happened.