PDA

View Full Version : CBC TV & Internet Broadcast Schedules of 4CC, Jr. Worlds & Worlds (Canada)

Pages : [1] 2

Sylvia
02-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Click on the 3 links (tabs) for cbcsports.ca, CBC Television, and CBC Bold for the schedules: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/broadcast/

MacMadame
02-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Does CBC ever stream anything like Eurosport does?

4rkidz
02-13-2013, 12:42 AM
Does CBC ever stream anything like Eurosport does?

most of what they are doing the week of worlds is live streaming.. check out the first column of that link - for cbc.ca that is what they will be streaming..

MacMadame
02-13-2013, 06:00 AM
I'm really bad at this. I looked at that link and couldn't find any info about streaming. So, it's streaming because cbcsports.ca is selected?? I never would have figured that out without you guys. :shuffle:

Japanfan
02-16-2013, 01:39 AM
I'm not sure there will be stream, as nothing happens when you click on the link. However, it does appear that there will be BOLD coverage, and in the past there has been stream of the BOLD. So there is a chance.

YAY for the BOLD - I didn't expect it to cover the event, as it has been sold. At first I thought it would just be repeats of the CBC coverage, but the times are different, some of the BOLD is earlier, so it must be extended coverage with PJ.

rvi5
02-16-2013, 09:52 PM
Has the Canadian broadcasting companies ever televised Junior Worlds before? I recall seeing Senior Worlds, but not Juniors.

I hope the Bold broadcast of 4CC is the extended version. My cable company lists it as only 2 hours on two days (same as CBC). However, my cable company have not gotten it correct before. I lost the recording of the Senior Ladies FS at Canadians because the cable company failed to update their listings correctly. The evening broadcast was listed at 1.5 hours, despite the fact it was 3 hours. Hence my DVR stopped recording prematurely, just before the Ladies FS. :(. I had not noticed it stopped recording because I was at the competition arena.

AJ Skatefan
02-16-2013, 11:50 PM
Has the Canadian broadcasting companies ever televised Junior Worlds before? I recall seeing Senior Worlds, but not Juniors.

They showed it last year. Just the freeskates. It was awesome.

Japanfan
02-17-2013, 12:09 AM
I hope the Bold broadcast of 4CC is the extended version. My cable company lists it as only 2 hours on two days (same as CBC). .

According to the CBC schedule there are two two-hour broadcasts. I hope that it is right!!

rvi5
02-17-2013, 01:46 AM
They showed it last year. Just the freeskates. It was awesome.
I obviously missed it.

Junior Worlds on TV, a two page spread in the Toronto star during Canadian Nationals, and the upcoming Ice Sweat & Tears documentary about FS. I hope this is a sign/trend that the Canadian media is starting to pay more attention to FS. It would be nice if FS info could find it's way into the popular free commuter newspapers.

manhn
02-17-2013, 02:01 AM
CBC showed the free programs of the Jr GPF last season as well. And they showed Jr Worlds during the Dube/Davison years when it was last held in Canada. CBC also showed Jr. Worlds in the early 90s. My guess is that whenever TSN/CTV obtains the rights to Skate Canada and Canadians, CBC will more like air other international skating events like juniors.

blue_idealist
02-17-2013, 02:37 AM
I see the times for all the other worlds events on streaming but I don't see the dance free and ladies free yet. I hope they just haven't updated it yet, hopefully they aren't not showing them or something.

rvi5
02-17-2013, 02:47 AM
For TV according to my cable listing, Mens and Pairs Free are on the 23rd, with women and Dance finals on the 24th.

For Bold, it does not provide a description for the 28th, but shows Pairs and Dance finals on Mar 2nd. I assume Women and Mens must be on the undescribed 28th date.

alilou
02-18-2013, 01:46 AM
I'm in Thailand ATM. If I click on Sylvia's link above, and then click on CBC Bold it shows the times as being all at ICT time (whatever that is)

Would some kind person in Vancouver (or that time zone) put here the times for Worlds for Vancouver so I can do a little forward planning.

Thanks so much. Much appreciated.

(Arrive back in Van Mar11 and hit the ground running with appointments from morning of 12th. The person we're house-sitting for will get Bold hooked up for me but I'm wondering if it's worth it if I'm going to be out all day most days that week. But if Bold is not showing it live and it will be on at night/overnight then I'll be able to watch it on their huge TV)

rvi5
02-18-2013, 04:08 AM
ICT = Indo-China Time. http://gothailand.about.com/od/planatrip/f/faqtime.htm

The BOLD web site shows EST for me. Vancouver is PST, 3 hours behind. The CBC website must be detecting your current location, and displaying for your local time zone.

Below is the BOLD info for EST. You will need to subtract 3 hours to get PST...

Wed Mar 13
11:50 AM 2013 Figure Skating World Championships on CBC: Pairs Short Program
4:30 PM 2013 Figure Skating World Championships on CBC: Opening Ceremonies
5:30 PM 2013 Figure Skating World Championships on CBC: Mens Short Program

Thu Mar 14
12:00 PM 2013 Figure Skating World Championships on CBC: Womens Short Program
6:30 PM 2013 Figure Skating World Championships on CBC: Dance Short Program

Fri Mar 15
12:50 PM 2013 Figure Skating World Championships on CBC: Pairs Free Program
6:30 PM 2013 Figure Skating World Championships on CBC: Mens Free Program

Sat Mar 16
3:30 PM 2013 Figure Skating World Championships on CBC: Dance Free Program