PDA

View Full Version : Christopher Dorner manhunt in LA

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Cachoo
02-08-2013, 12:41 AM
Have you heard of Dorner before today?

UMBS Go Blue
02-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Not currently living in LA, but no, hadn't heard about Dorner and hadn't lived in the area long enough to appreciate the meaning behind "KMA" license plate holders until it hit the news today.

Even up here in the Bay Area there were Amber Alerts for his car/license plate (gray Nissan Titan, CA plate 8D83987). :eek:

Southpaw
02-08-2013, 12:48 AM
Wait. What????

ETS: Ah, I see now. That's rather.....intense.

Anita18
02-08-2013, 03:33 AM
I saw some news reports about him a few days ago when this first started. It's...kind of insane. :yikes:

The LA area is quite large though. Where they're searching is about an hour east from me, and another 30 minutes from downtown. It's too populated here for him to hide - he's likely still up in the San Bernardino mountains if his truck was found there recently. Must be scary for the cops though, since they're being targeted. :(

Cachoo
02-08-2013, 03:43 AM
How can he possibly convince himself that killing cops and the daughter (and her fiance) of another officer is justified? He sounds coherent in his "manifesto" but his actions are not sane.

Buzz
02-08-2013, 03:50 AM
The murdered girl was his defence attorney's daughter which makes even less sense. My heart and prayers goes out to the victims and their families. Hope they catch this psycho soon!

Quan's father, Randal Quan, a former LAPD captain who became a lawyer in retirement, represented Dorner in front of the Board of Rights, a tribunal that ruled against Dorner at the time of his dismissal, LAPD Capt. William Hayes told The Associated Press Wednesday night.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57568107/manhunt-for-ex-l.a-cop-christopher-dorner-in-slaying-of-basketball-coach-fiance/

Karina1974
02-08-2013, 04:45 AM
Heard about this tonight on Stitcher Radio. He is one sick puppy!

Lanie
02-08-2013, 07:54 AM
I had to look it up. Yikes. I am outside of LA and glad I'm not in LA. So messed up and horrific.

Mayra
02-08-2013, 01:16 PM
How can he possibly convince himself that killing cops and the daughter (and her fiance) of another officer is justified? He sounds coherent in his "manifesto" but his actions are not sane.

I think this is what makes the whole thing even more tragically bizarre. Meanwhile, the LAPD which has a horrible reputation to begin with, shoots two innocent women in the search for this guy. :eek:

My thoughts go out to the victims and I hope they catch this guy.

Mayra
02-08-2013, 01:56 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/ex-cop-manhunt-newspaper-delivery-women-shot.html

What in the world is the LAPD doing shooting at random trucks?! :eek:

duane
02-08-2013, 02:08 PM
What in the world is the LAPD doing shooting at random trucks?! :eek:
One can understand the LAPD being on edge, but two separate incidents involving shootings of trucks that "looked" liked the suspect's is very disturbing.

UMBS Go Blue
02-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Not defending anyone's motives or actions, but technically the first shooting in Torrance was by LAPD, while the second shooting was by Torrance PD.

Still, there was a statewide alert for his truck and license plate, so I'd hope they'd at least try to read the license plate first before shooting. Just assuming here.

Also :eek: that Monica Quan and her boyfriend were shot by Dorner at their Irvine residence (the Watermarke), which is one of the places I'd looked at for living arrangements when I lived down there. :scream:

genevieve
02-08-2013, 06:33 PM
when discussing current events, please make the title say what the thread is about. Links in the first post are your friend, as well. :)

Anita18
02-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Not defending anyone's motives or actions, but technically the first shooting in Torrance was by LAPD, while the second shooting was by Torrance PD.

Still, there was a statewide alert for his truck and license plate, so I'd hope they'd at least try to read the license plate first before shooting. Just assuming here.

Also :eek: that Monica Quan and her boyfriend were shot by Dorner at their Irvine residence (the Watermarke), which is one of the places I'd looked at for living arrangements when I lived down there. :scream:
If I owned a Nissan Titan right now, I think I'd keep it home and take the bus! The police are stressed because they're being specifically and randomly targeted by this guy, which is not a normal situation at all for them. It's not typical police overreach, they really are scared.

And yes, if someone was REALLY coming after you, most of the time they wouldn't have to try too hard. :(

UMBS Go Blue
02-08-2013, 06:50 PM
I totally agree with your sentiments, but the first Torrance shooting (the one where the LAPD fired on the women delivering newspapers) involved a blue Toyota truck:
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8984352

...which isn't exactly a gray Nissan Titan:
http://images04.olx.com/ui/9/07/51/f_334020651-2877572776.jpeg

I know the officers are stressed out and all, but I'd also assume they're also fairly experienced at identifying and telling vehicles apart, given their active work in the field.

Also, in the first link, the truck is riddled with bullet holes. Doesn't look like they even bothered to hesitate there. :eek: