PDA

View Full Version : The Iron is out, the Cat is in (Monopoly tokens)

Pages : [1] 2

Aussie Willy
02-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Monopoly has replaced the Iron token with a Cat token, after a voting contest. Go the Cats!

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/the-paws-have-it-as-monopoly-fans-give-iron-the-boot-in-favour-of-new-cat-token-20130207-2dziw.html

duane
02-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Already having a dog, and with so many cat lovers, it makes sense to have a cat as well.

I must say growing up, I don't recall anyone ever picking the iron! I would always try to get the dog, car, or shoe. :)

Aussie Willy
02-06-2013, 11:08 PM
I always went for the horse! I agree the iron was the least favourite. People also liked the car.

skatingfan5
02-06-2013, 11:14 PM
:wuzrobbed The iron! I'll :wuzrobbed some more for mlp. (I usually picked the thimble or the iron. :shuffle:) Adding the cat is fine with me, but I would have gotten rid of the battleship or that old shoe before the iron.

milanessa
02-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Get the smelling salts for mlp! Quick!

maatTheViking
02-06-2013, 11:22 PM
:rofl: When I saw this I was so confused until I clicked the link. Danish monopoly is all different coloured cars (unless it is a themed one, I guess).

Skittl1321
02-06-2013, 11:51 PM
:wuzrobbed The iron! I'll :wuzrobbed some more for mlp. (I usually picked the thimble or the iron. :shuffle:) Adding the cat is fine with me, but I would have gotten rid of the battleship or that old shoe before the iron.

The shoe and the wheelbarrow were the second and third lowest vote getters. I would have gotten rid of the wheelbarrow. That said- I was always the car or the dog. I wish they had added the helicopter.

my little pony
02-06-2013, 11:59 PM
LOL even baby mlp didnt pick the iron

i always picked the top hat, i love formal wear

milanessa
02-07-2013, 12:18 AM
i always picked the top hat, i love formal wear

:eek: Now I need the smelling salts!

KatieC
02-07-2013, 12:34 AM
Personally, I always liked the green dolphin. But the Monopoly game I played belonged to my grandmother and I suspect a few things were added or lost over the years. We always had wooden houses and hotels so I was quite surprised once to play at a friends house and find plastic. Surprised a cat was only added now. About time!

Cloudy_Gumdrops
02-07-2013, 12:48 AM
The battleship has always been my fave token.

Not surprising that the iron, shoe and wheelbarrow were the lowest vote-getters.

MacMadame
02-07-2013, 01:15 AM
I loved the iron. Hated the shoe.

I didn't vote though. Mostly because we already have about 5 different themed Monopoly games and not about to buy more, so I figured it wouldn't impact me one way or another. :lol:

jamesy
02-07-2013, 02:31 AM
:eek: Now I need the smelling salts!
I would have died a little inside if she had said she liked to play the hobo shoe.

Aussie Willy
02-07-2013, 02:42 AM
I loved the iron. Hated the shoe.

I didn't vote though. Mostly because we already have about 5 different themed Monopoly games and not about to buy more, so I figured it wouldn't impact me one way or another. :lol:
Which ones do you have?

Years ago I brought my sister and her husband to be Catopoly as their engagement present. They loved it.

duane
02-07-2013, 02:48 AM
We always had wooden houses and hotels so I was quite surprised once to play at a friends house and find plastic.
Wow, I didn't know there were wooden houses and hotels!