PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to return a snorkel?

orbitz
02-03-2013, 07:19 PM
I bought a snorkel last week and tried it out twice yesterday. I decided that it wasn't very useful for my swimming purpose and would like to return it. But since it has been in my mouth the idea that the product might go back on the shelf is kind of icky. Is it ok to return such a device?

BigB08822
02-03-2013, 07:21 PM
How much did it cost? Was there a defect? If it wasn't too expensive and there wasn't a problem in the making of the product then I would just swallow the cost.

madm
02-03-2013, 07:46 PM
I bought a snorkel last week and tried it out twice yesterday. I decided that it wasn't very useful for my swimming purpose and would like to return it. But since it has been in my mouth the idea that the product might go back on the shelf is kind of icky. Is it ok to return such a device?

If it has a spearate mouthpiece, then the vendor can replace that part and re-sell it. Hopefully you are dealing with a reputable scuba shop. If not, call the store and see if they'll take it back.

Angelskates
02-04-2013, 05:56 AM

It may depend on store policy - are you allowed to return things just because you don't like it, when it has been opened, tags removed etc. and used twice? I wouldn't think so - it's no longer new - but check with the store and ask.