PDA

View Full Version : Group Projects are Sew-Sew: Project Runway Teams

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Aceon6
02-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Took a look at the finale collections. To my eyes, there were only two good ones. Not promising!

skatesindreams
02-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Benjamin and his ever-changing vaguely British accent needs TO GO. He's not a good manager, and he's a worse designer.

He acts as though he's "God's gift" to PR; and he's not done anything that would justify that opinion, thus far.
What is his "real world" background?
Could he have "exaggerated" his credentials?

jamesy
02-09-2013, 07:26 PM
It's a nice attempt, PR, but this season still probably won't be as bad as Amazing Race: Family Edition.

shan
02-10-2013, 06:37 AM
I wanted to send Cindy home the first week as well so I'm not sad to see her go. I only wish she could have packed Benjamin up and taken him with her. That dress was awful...

I like members of both teams, but lots of folks on Keepin' it Real annoy me. When I saw Patricia's look I thought for sure it would be a flop. What were those gold things on the skirt? And the top vest looking thing looked too casual and wrinkled somehow. I don't get the appeal.

Did they mention how they chose the winner considering that the winning look was designed by 2 people?

Ziggy
02-10-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm angry at the result again. Cindy should have gone home week one. I don't understand why they have kept her in for so long.

She is a dressmaker, she is NOT a fashion designer. She has absolutely zero taste.

Benjamin should have gone home. Once again, he totally failed at time management and he produced something that you couldn't even call a dress. The model was just wrapped around in fabric with her boobs hanging out. Jesus Christ.

Patricia got totally shafted. I cannot believe that they haven't chosen her look for Heidi to wear in the press event. Daniel's dress was well-crafted but boring as hell. Patricia's dress was original, unique and had the wow factor. But they went with something safe. :(

skatesindreams
02-10-2013, 04:12 PM
She is a dressmaker, she is NOT a fashion designer. She has absolutely zero taste.

At least Cindy had construction skills; that's more than you could say for Benjamin; and some others.
Her aesthetic/taste level wasn't "fashion forward" enough for PR.

Ziggy
02-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Oh but Benjamin's construction skills are his strongest point, don't you know? And that fabulous "roll around in the hay" dress of his had some fabulous construction going on but unfortunately you couldn't see it beneath all that crap his model was wrapped with. What a shame. :P

skatemomaz
02-11-2013, 05:56 PM
It's a nice attempt, PR, but this season still probably won't be as bad as Amazing Race: Family Edition.

:eek: you named the season that must not be named! go outside, turn around three times and spit. What the hell is the matter with you? West Wing nerddom :P

nothing can top that awfulness of that season.

Rogue
02-15-2013, 06:11 PM
I actually agreed with the judges on 1st and last again. That doesn't happen too often. Although my bottom two would have included Patricia instead of Mossgirl.

Rob
02-15-2013, 06:37 PM
I liked all of Dream Teams. Really pretty. I liked Layana's best. Samantha's skirt was cool, but there was an unfinished look about it.

duane
02-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Bette Midler was a cool judge!

I'm glad the lack of cohesion made Keeping It Real the losing team. The outfits had no cohesion, and the 'decades' argument (while a clever cover) didn't wash.

Great comeback for Samantha. She was totally lost, but ended up making an awesome outfit.

skatesindreams
02-15-2013, 09:35 PM
I liked all of Dream Teams. Really pretty. I liked Layana's best. Samantha's skirt was cool, but there was an unfinished look about it.

Agreed!
Layana's dress: http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/season-11/rate-the-runway/episode-4#id=12 was worthy of Audrey Hepburn,

Ziggy
02-15-2013, 10:46 PM
This was the best Project Runway episode I can remember. The quality of the designs was just incredible.

And this season is the best ever by far, in general. The group dynamics make it so much more interesting.

Daniel did exactly the same shape as in week one, I'm surprised judges didn't pick up on that.

I am not happy about the result. Layana's dress was just impeccably crafted. But it's Tu who really got overlooked. He had the best design, in my opinion. The construction of the vest was out of this world and the dress flowed beautifully and it did look like it was made of feathers.

Really really bummed for Joe. He's super creative and I feel he's going because his view of fashion is very avant-garde and not very commercial. And it was him who actually saved Amanda's look! If not for him, she would have had the worst look by far. So it's really not fair, he's the one who is going. Another thing is why did she use the moss? She should have gone with her original idea, which would have worked much much better.

I would have sent Michelle or Richard home for that uninspired piece of trash. And omg, Michelle STFU PLEASE ALREADY.

BigB08822
02-16-2013, 05:14 AM
So I know ANOTHER person on Project Runway?? I know Matthew! This guy I only knew of but he worked at the same salon as my best friend and we would often see him out and they would always talk. I had no idea he even designed clothes. lol

Ziggy
02-16-2013, 05:46 AM
He's so cute! :swoon: