PDA

View Full Version : What do you do for relaxation?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Vash01
01-27-2013, 10:35 PM
There are so many things one can do for relaxation. Here are some that I do (not at the same time, obviously). What about you?

Visit FS universe :)

Watch my favorite programs on TV (and turn it off when I don't care for what's on it)

Meditate (regularly)

Work out on the treadmill (regularly)

Swim (in summer)

Go to a movie

Go out for dinner for family

Take an afternoon nap

Go to Barnes & Noble for a coffee and some reading

oleada
01-27-2013, 10:40 PM
Depends on what kind of relaxation I need.

If I'm upset at myself, or depressed, I tend to do my hair or nails. It relaxes me and makes me feel better.
If I'm anxious, I tend to clean.
I try to go to spin class 2x per week. And of course, FSU & watching tv.

Latte
01-27-2013, 10:54 PM
Read. I'm boring.

Cachoo
01-27-2013, 10:54 PM
Read
Walk the dog or just walk
Visit my favorite websites (FS Universe!)
Continue my lifelong hunt for Christmas ornaments that I love
Visit antique and book shops

Karina1974
01-27-2013, 11:29 PM
Ride my bike - outside if it's "riding season" (which it's not yet, dammit!!), or inside hooked up to a Cycleops trainer
Take a walk
Go contra dancing
Take a drive (with gas prices where they are, the drive is usually to the aforesaid contra dance.
Watch TV or a movie
Sleep :-)
Play on my smartphone

ChelleC
01-28-2013, 01:34 AM
I'm another boring one, I read.

orbitz7391
01-28-2013, 01:43 AM
Read or surf the net

professordeb
01-28-2013, 02:08 AM
Read a book or my e-reader.
Play games on the internet.
Spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time reading on FSU :D

My body has been acting up more as I get older so many of the things I used to do, I can't -- like gardening and counted cross stitch.

Oh yeah, I keep my self occupied by volunteering with two hockey & two lacrosse clubs.

michiruwater
01-28-2013, 02:12 AM
Read

Cook

Watch a good TV program

Go for a long walk :)

Go to the movies, for sure. My favorite past-time by far.

dinakt
01-28-2013, 02:15 AM
FSU:)
Long walks, in nature, alone ( and I get uneasy if I cannot have alone/ get away time).
Treadmill when a hike is not an option.
Books, audiobooks, stretching.

nubka
01-28-2013, 02:46 AM
Read
Watch a favorite movie
Wear and enjoy a beautiful perfume
Drink cocoa on a cold day
nap

BigB08822
01-28-2013, 03:24 AM
I had an interesting conversation with a friend and she brought up something I had never thought about. She said that some people recharge their battery by being with friends and being social while others recharge their batteries by being alone. I am definitely the type of person who likes to spend time alone. So for me, relaxation comes in the form of a good movie and a night on the couch all by myself.

The other way I relax is by cooking, especially baking. Its funny because the only thing I want to do when I get home is just take a break, sit on the couch, maybe even a nap. However, so many times I come home and find myself cooking for an hour or two and feeling so good even though I never sat down when I walked in the door!

michiruwater
01-28-2013, 03:50 AM
Yes, it's the introvert/extrovert thing. Extroverts gain energy from crowds. Introverts lose energy in crowds.

myhoneyhoney
01-28-2013, 04:23 AM
I'm like oleada, it depends on the stress. If I'm feeling down I give myself a mani or play with make up. If I'm really down on myself I color my hair. If my kids are the source I run up to my room, lay down, close my eyes, and take deep breaths. Of course I'm only able to do this for about 2 minutes max then the kids are banging on my door, grrr. For general relaxation I like to listen to a water fountain or read. I ♥ reading.

Ziggy
01-28-2013, 04:54 AM
Nothing, I am never relaxed.

CAN'T YOU TELL?!!!