PDA

View Full Version : Strange dream last night

Cupid
01-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Is there anyone here good at deciphering dreams? Here is one I had last night.

I'm in my house (but it looks different inside, much bigger, and vaguely similar to a few I've lived in), I am byself (I do live alone), and it was dark outside. I looked out the front window and saw about ten black plastic garbages bags out by my curb. It wasnt even garbage day the nxt day. A few were ripped open and garbage was blowing and strewn all over my front yard and street. Some neighbors were trying to pick it up.

I wondered why the bags were there. I didnt put them there, never have that much garbage, don't use bags but one large trash can with a lid, so where did all the trash come from?

And inside the house, I found this large empty room with a high ceiling and windows all around the very top of the walls. I've never noticed this room before, and it had to be entered through another door from the bathroom. I thought about having it professioal painted a sky blue with fluffy white clouds up on the ceilng. Then, once I went back into the bathroom, there were random people using my bathroom and they would leave it by going through the doorway that led into the large, empty room.

leesaleesa
01-27-2013, 05:14 PM
I'll bite.

The garbage bags left out that are being strewn about perhaps represent thoughts you find troubling and are trying to hide or suppress. The house that is both familiar and unfamiliar might represent a feeling of discomfort or apprehension. The hard to access room that you are thinking about having painted professionally with blue sky/fluffy clouds may represent that you are trying to work your way out of the troubling "dirty laundry" you are afraid of your "neighbors" finding out about, but are having trouble getting there. These people appear gain in your bathroom, which is a very intimate place. You may fear intimacy, or again, are troubled by something you fear others finding out about.

Now do mine: I am walking on a very narrow precipice, and see an extremely large alligator. (Alligators are by and large harmless, and I have no fear of them, but they are a constant leitmotif in my dreams). As I inch sideways along the precipice, I am threatened by a Cougar, and then a Panther. I then am fearful of that body I buried ten years ago being discovered, though I had nothing to do with the demise.

Cupid
01-27-2013, 11:26 PM
Here is what I found out in a dreamer dictionary about alligators:

Primal, stealth, direct or blunt, fast acting. Monstrous or having the ability to hurt someone without regret or compassion. Dreaming of this animal can represent:
•Having too much of one of these qualities, or that you could benefit by being less this way
•Not having enough of one of these qualities, or that you could benefit by being more like this
•Someone or something in your real life with whom you associate one of these qualities (an event, situation, threat, etc.)
For more clues, pay attention to what the animal was doing or any particular characteristic that stood out.

cougar:
Strength in action (especially through stealth) and personal power. Decisiveness, the attitude of "act now, think later"—or extremely in touch with basic instincts. Smooth in action, or capable—with an edge of danger.

Panther:
See definition above for alligator

Bury:
Burying an object can represent:
•An unwillingness to deal with or a desire to avoid whatever that object represents
•Hiding something or being dishonest
•Ending a phase, putting something to rest, or putting something behind you

Hope that helps

leesaleesa
01-28-2013, 02:23 AM
Interesting. The Alligators never do anything but lie there. I have always lived around/near them, and always regarded them as fairly placid. You have to go out of your way to be harmed by one. I will go with primal, direct and stealth on that one since I see them as very beneficial creatures. I would imagine someone who has no experience with them would regard them negatively, though.

Hopefully, burying the body means leaving something in the past. Probably my ex and my entry level job. Bigger and better things.

Now I can't wait to dream tonight to see what's up.

BigB08822
01-28-2013, 03:29 AM
I don't believe in really interpreting dreams to mean something deep. Maybe they can, from time to time, but sometimes dreams are just random crap. For me, I notice that if I think long enough about my dreams I can usually find out why I dreamt that. What I mean is that I will finally remember that something earlier in the day happened or I saw a show with this or that in it. In other words, my dreams almost always include things I saw or did earlier in the day but they are just so twisted and changed that its hard to immediately make that connection.

Cupid
01-28-2013, 02:29 PM
I don't believe in really interpreting dreams to mean something deep. Maybe they can, from time to time, but sometimes dreams are just random crap. For me, I notice that if I think long enough about my dreams I can usually find out why I dreamt that. What I mean is that I will finally remember that something earlier in the day happened or I saw a show with this or that in it. In other words, my dreams almost always include things I saw or did earlier in the day but they are just so twisted and changed that its hard to immediately make that connection.

Yes, I tried to do that and realized maybe the garbages bags all over my lawn related to the snow that we recently got. My neighbors on either side were kind enough to remove it for me without even asking as they know I'm this little middle-aged woman who lives alone and doesnt own a snowblower.

I remember feeling guilty about them doing it for me, but how appreciative I felt.

The little hidden room off the bathroom I'm not sure what that means other than maybe it's a part of me that I kept hidden away and want to improve (like getting it painted and making it look nice), and the people going into that room without acknowledging me I'm still trying to figure out that part.

Marge_Simpson
01-28-2013, 11:58 PM
Cupid:
I keep a dream diary (stop laughing) and find my dreams have quite a bit of word-play in them. So, your trash bags: were you "trash talking" about someone? Or was someone doing it to you?
Another thought: could mean something along the lines of "garbage in, garbage out" or "Out with the old, in with the new". Are you making changes in your life, or thinking about it? That could be the interpretation here.
The bit about finding a room in your place that you didn't know was there: I've had dreams like that, too. From what I've read, finding a room you didn't know existed is symbolic: you've found a (positive) aspect or ability inside yourself that you didn't know you had.
I agree that not all dreams have some deep psychological meaning. I normally read in bed, so if I have a bizarre dream I think back to what I was reading before I fell asleep. Several years ago I had a very frightening dream that cuased me to wake up in a sweat: I was running through a forest, being chased by a woman with a knife. I jumped down a cliff and thought I was safe, but a man jumped out from behind a rock with an even larger, sharper knife.
i figured that's what I got for reading "The Hunger Games" before bed.

Leesaleesa: could wordplay be a part of your dream? Were you watching something about "Cougars"?

leesaleesa
01-29-2013, 01:19 AM
I can't think of any instance recently where cougars were on my mind. I quit watching Cougar Town some time ago, lol.

In my case, I don't think it's word play, because the themes (the cats are new) repeat over and over-The large Alligators lolling around, burying the body in a shed or a basement.

Some of my dreams are those jumbled ones, which I doubt have any meaning, but recurrent themes have to mean something. For a long time it was spiders and snakes (really fat, orange spiders that I ran into while crawling around). I don't see either of those as being scary or negative, though.

Last night was walking over clear water on narrow but stable walkways. It felt pretty peaceful, except for the part where we had to drive along a rocky mountainside to get there.

AnnieBgood
01-29-2013, 02:38 AM
Cupid, it sounds like you feel that you lack control in some part of your life. Maybe you feel like people take advantage in some areas. IE: 1.Too much garbage, and it's falling out. 2. People using your bathroom without consent.

Marge_Simpson
01-29-2013, 03:01 AM
the "Complete Idiot's Guide to Interpreting Your Dreams" is a great place to start if want to figure out what your dreams mean.
IMO, dreams are best interpreted by the person who had the dream.