PDA

View Full Version : Laser Hair Removal

Pages : 1 [2]

meggonzo
01-19-2013, 04:39 PM
What are IPL and SHR?

Angelskates
01-25-2013, 11:33 AM
SHR is super hair removal, IPL is intense pulsed light; IPL isn't technically laser, I'm not sure about SHR (but SHR is supposedly painless?)

I bit the bullet and went to the hospital today to get a comparison. The prices were around the same, and the hospital is nearer. I liked the doctor, and she had time that day, so I decided to get my underarms done! Somewhere small, cheap and unseen, as a tester. I now know a new kind of pain, it absolutely killed even though they had ice packs applied at the beginning. Next time I have a prescription cream to use 1.5-2 hours beforehand. Oh my gosh, did it hurt! I'm still red, but only around the area, it looks like little dots the size of a small fingerprint. The doctor told me to shave as normal, but not for two weeks before the next appointment (in six weeks time).

At this point, I can not imagine getting my legs done, or anywhere bigger than my underarms, but I'll see how it goes with the cream next time.

MarieM
01-25-2013, 01:03 PM
IPL has been great for me. I did my chin, neck and upper lip spread over 7 sessions so far. I have one session left and will probably do it in about 6 months since I barely have any hair left.
Now I'm up to the bikini and underarms. The bikini hurts like hell when the flash occurs, but after 2 sessions, I have no hair left on the zone treated. It kind of depends on your hair if I understood my technician right.
I sensed nothing for the underarms, and the neck is kind of pain free too.

Stormy
01-25-2013, 08:24 PM
I just had my first laser done on my upper lip this past week. Having never had it before, I was a little nervous and it did hurt way more than I thought it would. I think I was more worried my skin was getting burned during it, but it wasn't. Next time I think will be better since I know what to expect. I got a Groupon for $195 for 6 treatments and the place is literally next door to my work, and I could even see a difference after only the 1 session...so those are positives about it. I'd originally thought to get bikini or brazillian done if this went well, but if it hurts this much on my lip, I'm not sure I want that laser near my lady bits!!

ilovesalchows
01-26-2013, 12:01 AM
There seems to be a groupon for laser hair removal weekly. I got mine at a local spa and I think it was 6 sessions on a small area for around $100. I get a free touch up session that I haven't gone to yet. It is like a miracle, I used to have to pluck out chin hairs daily, no more!

Angelskates
01-26-2013, 02:46 AM
How long is it supposed to stay sensitive and red?

I can still see red spots around my armpits today, and I worry about getting it on my face since it can't be covered.