PDA

View Full Version : 10 days into the new year...how are those resolutions coming along?

Pages : [1] 2

TheGirlCanSkate
01-10-2013, 06:49 PM
It took me over a week to come up with a resolution. Last year it was to have 3 meatless nights a week and to bring my own bags at the grocery store. It hit me a couple nights ago that meals with my daughter were just not acceptable when I looked at her and she (and I) were eating dinner while reading books. So my resolution that if we are home, we set the table and light candles and have a dinner with no books or computer. My son came home (he has school and other commitments so he is not normally home) and saw us and started to laugh and then made a plate and joined us. We all lingered at the table and talked while he ate. I realized later that if we had been eating with our books he would have made a plate and eaten alone while watching tv in the other room. So no more missing opportunities!

attyfan
01-10-2013, 10:47 PM
Glad that this seems to be working for you and your family.

Buzz
01-11-2013, 02:26 AM
Sounds wonderful! But mine is to stop drinking coffee and too loose weight which aren't going so well right now. :lol:

MacMadame
01-11-2013, 06:34 AM
In 1984 I had a resolution not to make any more New Year's Resolutions but to make resolutions all through the year as I saw something that in my life that needed improving. I kept that until 2009 but 2009 through 2012 were hard not to make yearly goals in Jan. for various reasons. However, I believe I'm back on track as I made a bunch of resolutions in Dec. of all times just because. :D

MacMadame
01-11-2013, 06:34 AM
Sounds wonderful! But mine is to stop drinking coffee and too loose weight which aren't going so well right now. :lol:

Loose weight is gross, all jiggly and everything. ;)

Buzz
01-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Loose weight is gross, all jiggly and everything. ;)

Can I blame this latest typo on my iPad too?! hehehe Hey, a little jiggle isn't all bad! :P

floskate
01-11-2013, 08:51 AM
I am 8 days smoke free. :eek: You have no idea what a big deal this is for me but I am now a non smoker for the first time in 25 years!!! And I'm doing this without any form of NRT :eek: :cheer:

Japanfan
01-11-2013, 08:57 AM
I am 8 days smoke free. :eek: You have no idea what a big deal this is for me but I am now a non smoker for the first time in 25 years!!! And I'm doing this without any form of NRT :eek: :cheer:

Congratulations, floskate, and best of luck with it. I resolved to cut my smoking back dramatically with the help of NRT last June and have maintained the behaviour modification program I implemented. I'm not ready to take the next step, but think I can understand how big of a deal it might be for you.

Anita18
01-11-2013, 09:22 AM
:cheer2: :cheer:

Still trying to get to the gym and weightlift more, although I wasn't able to go for two weeks and UGH I am feeling it 2 days after my first time back. But I'm glad the New Year's crush doesn't extend to free weights or off hours. :lol:

Trying to have a better sleep schedule. That one's failing. :saint:

purple skates
01-11-2013, 03:11 PM

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm 14 years smoke free next month - best thing I ever did for myself.

I made resolutions last year (mainly to get myself back in shape, including losing all this weight) and did a fantastic job - until summer, when I fell completely off the wagon and regained all the weight I lost and then some. :( So I am trying again this year, but this time I am putting in place some support, including a formal weight loss program. I have my first appointment in a couple weeks.

MacMadame
01-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Can I blame this latest typo on my iPad too?! hehehe Hey, a little jiggle isn't all bad! :P
Sure. And can I say... I've always wanted to say that. This is just the first time I had the nerve. :lol:

attyfan
01-11-2013, 04:54 PM

Mazel tov ... to you, to sk8r1964 and to everyone else who are quitting now (or who have quit)!

nyrak
01-11-2013, 06:55 PM
So far so good, down 2.1 pounds :)

AliasJohnDoe
01-11-2013, 07:08 PM
I wanted to lose the "constipated grumpy old man" sounding way-of-posting.....I'm still trying to loosen up. :P

cygnus
01-11-2013, 07:20 PM
So far, so good. It's now 10 days of 100 pushups, situps or squats every morning. Combined with portion control, I've lost the 3 pounds I gained over the holidays. And it's now part of the routine, so let's see if I keep it up!