PDA

View Full Version : Was anyone else a Cold Case fan?

Pages : [1] 2

Alex Forrest
01-09-2013, 10:33 PM
I've been quite sick for the last week, and I somehow discovered Cold Case with Kathryn Morris and Danny Pino. Did anyone else watch this series? It's now off the air, but I've been catching up on all the episodes. The writing is amazingly good. I've probably cried after at least ten episodes on YT. I don't know why it was taken off the air, it was such a well-written and acted show. Wow. Anyone have a favorite episode? I had tears streaming down me during "Boy in the Box", "Best Friends", "The Perfect Day", "Forever Blue" among others. While I was wasting time on AI and ANTM, I'm mad at myself for not finding this show. It's very intelligent, the music is great, and it goes straight for the tear ducts. Anyone, anyone?

liv
01-09-2013, 10:43 PM
I loved this show too. Sad it went off the air before its time.

joeperryfan
01-09-2013, 10:57 PM
I love this show too. Episodes in season 1 were a bit predictable but it got better. Apparently it was cancelled because the production costs were high...
Some stories are soooo sad, and I think that playing old songs really brings up the mood of the time and heightens our empathy toward the characters.

Artemis@BC
01-09-2013, 11:03 PM
I loved this show too. Sad it went off the air before its time.

Before its time? It ran for 7 seasons!

I agree it was a really great show, consistently well written and acted. But I thought it ended at an appropriate time, before it started getting too repetative and predictable.

Parsley Sage
01-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Really good show

cruisin
01-10-2013, 12:35 AM
Really good show. I did watch it when it was on.

Kittykat
01-10-2013, 01:34 AM
I loved this show too!

shutterbug
01-10-2013, 01:39 AM
Totally loved this show. I cried at the end of nearly every episode, no exaggeration. That was a very fast 7 years. :(

AragornElessar
01-10-2013, 02:21 AM
I loved this show too. One of my favourite Two Parter/Season Finales cliffhanger to Season Premiere reveal was the one about the murders taking place at Virginia Military Insitute. That one had me on the edge of my seat for both parts and is ranked right up there w/the two parter of when the Borg abduct Capt Picard on ST : TNG for my all time favourite Two Parters/Cliffhangers and Resolutions of all time.

I'd love to get these on DVD one of these days, but they never seem to be in stock when I go looking for them. One of these days though... :)

Alex Forrest
01-10-2013, 04:41 AM
Totally loved this show. I cried at the end of nearly every episode, no exaggeration. That was a very fast 7 years. :(

Funny that you would say that. I'm usually quite rigid and cynical. But the waterworks were going off nearly every episode. It must be the writing, because I don't go for all the obvious emotionally manipulative stuff. I usually pull in and retreat. But dang if I'm not crying my way through all these episodes. Why is SVU still on instead of this?

ETA: Aragorn, I don't think it will ever be released on DVD, because primarily of all the music rights. I'm just watching these on YT. The music is to me another character in the series. From 1930 to maybe 1996 I could pick songs to be used any given year, and this show is on top of it. (If you wonder why 1996, wasn't that when the Spice Girls came out?? I stuck with my old CDs after that, and really know no music since)

LuckyCharm
01-10-2013, 04:55 AM
I'm a fan as well, but I didn't tune in until it was in syndication. I didn't realize it had run for 7 seasons. For some reason it seems like I see the same 20 or so episodes over and over, but I don't watch it regularly so I guess that's just coincidence. It definitely gets you in the gut emotionally. You spend nearly an hour getting invested in a character who's already dead, and often in the character that killed them too. The ending is never happy or even mildly satisfying, but the stories and the storytelling are excellent.

michiruwater
01-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Um, the Spice Girls are awesome. I just had to interject there.

pilgrimsoul
01-10-2013, 01:39 PM
I love Cold Case, too. It was one of those shows where everything came together just right. I was fascinated with how the show traveled in time and it really felt like you were actually in the past. The best part, though, was how the show made me care about the victim and feel the loss of that person. It made the solving of each case more satisfying and personal.

professordeb
01-10-2013, 03:06 PM
I have enjoyed watching the episodes in syndication. Sometimes I am still able to see an episode I haven't seen but that happens less and less.

I liked the flashbacks as a means of telling the story/solving the case. And the music ... yum yum.

Alixana
01-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Watched it faithfully for all 7 years and still catch favourite episodes when they're on. (OT, my other fave at the time was Without a Trace with Anthony LaPaglia and Poppy Montgomery).