PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Weir selling personal clothing items, some proceeds to charity

Pages : [1] 2 3

Yazmeen
01-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Decided to post a separate thread: Per today's Philly Inquirer, Johnny is selling off some of his "costumes" on http://shoplindasstuff.com. A portion goes to charity. However, that's a somewhat inaccurate description: Took a look at the site, seems to more be items from his wardrobe rather than skating costumes. There is a Vancouver 2010 Team Russia jersey there, along with one of his Olympic Team USA jackets. There are 4 skating costumes available on page 10, but they are mostly mostly in the $2000 range. Enjoy!

Alex Forrest
01-09-2013, 11:08 PM
And what's the charity? Weir's bank account?

Sylvia
01-09-2013, 11:25 PM
http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/money/horsham-company-to-auction-clothing-worn-by-skater-johnny-weir/article_f9b65293-7b87-5585-a756-dd16bda7c487.html?mode=jqm
"A portion of the profits will go to The Trevor Project, which provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender teens."

http://www.thetrevorproject.org/

IceAlisa
01-09-2013, 11:49 PM
He is clearly a devoted fan of Chanel.

maatTheViking
01-09-2013, 11:57 PM
How many pair of sunglasses does one guy need? ;P

Hmm, maybe I do need a pair of discounted designer sunglasses...

apatinar
01-10-2013, 04:41 AM
And what's the charity? Weir's bank account?

LMFAO! EXACTLY!

PinkFeathers
01-10-2013, 06:39 AM
Try the Trevor Project. You've heard of it, I take it? If not, read up. It's a very, very worthy cause.

IceIceBaby
01-10-2013, 07:41 AM
A PORTION of the profits will go to the charity. It could be anything, like 5 per cent. It was ridiculous how Johnny tweeted some months ago how he has only $1000 on his bank account and asked people to send money to the linked page. And then pretended that he was hacked, lol. Sorry, I don't trust him.

AndyWarhol
01-10-2013, 09:27 AM
he would probably have more money in his bank account if he wasn't buying all those clothes!

bmcg
01-10-2013, 12:43 PM
I guess the question is did he actually buy all that stuff or were they gifts?? I don't understand how someone with limited funds can purchase stuff like that and give the impression they are a struggling athlete in need of support.

I also never support a fundraising where an undisclosed portion goes to charity. I want to know what percentage and where the rest goes. When I give to charity I want as much as possible to go there. When I need to clean out my closet I give the overflow to diabetes, epilepsy and those that have thrift stores to sell donations.

IceIceBaby
01-10-2013, 01:46 PM
That webshop also promotes him as a World Champion figure skater?!?

judiz
01-10-2013, 10:32 PM
I guess the question is did he actually buy all that stuff or were they gifts?? I don't understand how someone with limited funds can purchase stuff like that and give the impression they are a struggling athlete in need of support.
I also never support a fundraising where an undisclosed portion goes to charity. I want to know what percentage and where the rest goes. When I give to charity I want as much as possible to go there. When I need to clean out my closet I give the overflow to diabetes, epilepsy and those that have thrift stores to sell donations.

I do know that a lot stuff was given to Johnny as gifts by fans, mainly from Japan

you can always contact the charity to find out exactly how much of the portion they will get and how much goes to the lady selling the items for Johnny.

BittyBug
01-10-2013, 10:45 PM
LOL - Johnny is certainly not the first person to sell his unwanted stuff on eBay. If you like it, buy it; if you don't, don't, but to listen to some of you, you'd think he was committing some type of crime. :rolleyes:

Carolla5501
01-11-2013, 12:54 AM
LOL - Johnny is certainly not the first person to sell his unwanted stuff on eBay. If you like it, buy it; if you don't, don't, but to listen to some of you, you'd think he was committing some type of crime. :rolleyes:

No, but most people selling on Ebay don't try to pass it off as "a portion" going to charity. It's generally pretty clear "it's going to my bank account" LOL! it's not the selling folks are whining about it's the potential "false advertising"

T

judiz
01-11-2013, 01:46 AM
No, but most people selling on Ebay don't try to pass it off as "a portion" going to charity. It's generally pretty clear "it's going to my bank account" LOL! it's not the selling folks are whining about it's the potential "false advertising"

T

Do you have proof ?