PDA

View Full Version : Lululemon? Athleta?

Pages : [1] 2 3

myhoneyhoney
12-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Hello everyone! It's been a while. The holidays and the kids' schoolwork has kept me unbelievably busy. Oye! Anyways, I need new workout clothes. Hubby and I have been going to the gym 5 days a week for almost 2 years now and I've noticed that my clothes from Target and Walmart are just not cutting it. I'm eyeing Lululemon and Athleta items but I'm hesitant because they're expensive. Are they worth it? How do they compare to more readily available ones like Under Armour, Nike, and Reebok? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

victoriajh
12-23-2012, 10:34 PM
I am a creature of habit and I love lulu gear, it fits me well and the outlet is very close to my house (I never pay full price) the other day they had all shorts on for 10$ a pair. I like the stretch it gives , and I wear mine a lot and it has held up. I never put it in the dryer or wash with towels .
I wear under armour for outside training because it is nice and toasty :) my kids wear it for lacrosse as well, they really like it. I have not tried it inside. I really like les layers inside, I tend towards shorts and the knee level tight crops. I do find that find that the name brand items last me longer.....

PrincessLeppard
12-23-2012, 11:13 PM
I wear Nike running skirts and they are awesome. I do love my Underarmor as well. And I have a super cute running skirt + capris from Lucy which has held up really well. I have one cute tank top from lululemon and it is nice.

I just buy what's cute. :shuffle:

TheGirlCanSkate
12-24-2012, 12:12 AM
GAP has some really nice athletic wear now (called GapFit). They just started this line a few months ago. Every 6 weeks or so the entire store is 40 percent off!

Aceon6
12-24-2012, 12:16 AM
My niece swears by Lulumon. She teaches dance classes several times a week. What she likes most is that the Lulu gear doesn't seem to require extra effort to launder. She just throws them in a regular wash and air dries.

Wiery
12-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Yes, it's worth the money! The fabrics wash and wear very well, and the clothes are very versatile and functional. I"m not as crazy about Athleta since it's been bought by the Gap (quality has gone down just a bit).

Lululemon is great; also try Lucy and prAna for great workout/yoga clothes.

Sugoi makes fantastic winter running tights; my favourites are the Subzero which keep me toasty warm even when it's -10F!

KCC
12-24-2012, 03:07 AM
I buy pretty cheap stuff and had good luck -- JCP for shirts ($7) and simple Adidas shorts ($12). No issues with odors, fit is nice and they launder well. I am not looking for the most stylish stuff for working out -- just plain function, and these work for me. I save my "cute" purchases for the stuff I wear after my workouts!

maatTheViking
12-24-2012, 03:30 AM
I really like Lucy pants and Nike shirts

myhoneyhoney
12-24-2012, 03:35 AM
Thank you for all the input! I'll be looking at these other brands mentioned. There's a Lucy outlet not far from me (I've never even heard of them until now) so I'll be checking them out soon. Hubby has a lot of the Under Armour cold gear tops and I like them, so I'll be checking out their hoodies and jackets.

I'm just so fed up with buying those work out tops at Walmart and Target only to have them unravel within 3-4 weeks! The pants do the same thing.

screech
12-24-2012, 04:19 AM
I'm fond of Lululemon. I've had a few pairs of pants for 7 years and wear them constantly. I wash them like regular clothes, and despite being told not to put them in the dryer, I do anyways. Mine are still in great condition.

They are expensive, but they last. They are worth the price for what you get, definitely.

Spazactaz
12-24-2012, 04:23 AM
Everyone raves over lulu, so I got a pair of pants. They're fine, but I don't think they're any more special than my Nikes which were half the price...

triple_toe
12-24-2012, 08:59 AM
^ I agree. Plus for women they have some very odd and unflattering cuts for tops, like shirts and jackets that billow out or pleat in weird places. I like my workout gear to be fitted. I also find the material in the shelf bras of their regular tank tops to uncomfortable Practically everyone I know loves lulu but I think it's overpriced and not that special. I bought a pair of yoga pants on sale for $15 at Forever 21 and they've held up well for over a year now of very frequent use and I like them just as much if not more than the $110 pants I bought from Lulu. YMMV.

BittyBug
12-24-2012, 02:36 PM
GAP has some really nice athletic wear now (called GapFit). They just started this line a few months ago. Every 6 weeks or so the entire store is 40 percent off!Another endorsement for GapFit (http://www.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=17045) for good value. The line has been around for well over a few months, though (at least a year) - I think they only recently started giving it it's own menu on the web site home page - it used to be just an option under Women. :)

TheGirlCanSkate
12-24-2012, 06:35 PM
I almost forgot - my daughter fell in love with a jacket from Nordstrom by Zella. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/zella-zip-off-peplum-jacket/3284592?origin=category&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=0 it's not something I'd ever spend that much money on for a 10 year old and it made her look 18 (another negative :P), but it was beautiful. Looked kind of like being a Bond girl.... Anyway, it's another option. Plus she was fascinated by the peplum zip off.

made_in_canada
12-24-2012, 06:44 PM
I think lululemon is worth every penny, especially their sports bras. They really aren't any more expensive than the high end Nike, Under Armor, etc... and I've had way better luck with lululemon lasting and looking good longer. Having said that I avoid the trendy stuff and I never pay full price.