PDA

View Full Version : Please help find stolen puppy

Pages : [1] 2

judiz
12-05-2012, 12:59 AM
This happened near my town, no matter what you feel about dogs being sold in pet shops, this poor puppy needs to be returned safely. He was not for sale as he had not had his first series of vaccinations yet. The store owner is offering a reward and says if the dog is returned, he will not be put up for sale, he will remain with the store owner as his pet. Personally I am against dogs or cats being sold in stores as long as there are so many waiting to be adopted in shelters but this poor puppy is innocent and deserves to be returned. Please spread the photos, someone somewhere has to know these thieves.

NorthJerseybrk ‏@NorthJerseybrk
Elmwood Park pet shop seeks return of stolen bulldog #puppy [raw video] - http://shar.es/6JP7g

Japanfan
12-05-2012, 06:13 AM
Hopefully the person who stole the puppy really wanted him, though it is more likely the person wanted to sell him. Purebred puppies cost several thousand dollars in this part of the world, when privately they are sold for less than half of that, especially without papers.

Being stolen and sold would probably, and sadly, be more trauma for the puppy, who probably comes from a puppy mill (as many pet store pups do) and then had to endure being in the pet store.

But the end result will hopefully be that the puppy gets a loving forever home and his people get him to the vet. So many puppies from pet stores are impulse buys, especially at Christmas, and end up at the SPCA or up for rehoming on Craig's list.

judiz
12-05-2012, 06:01 PM
This was not a puppy mill puppy, the store owner is friends with someone who breeds the dogs, and he only breeds that breed. Regardless the creep who stole the puppy also tried to steal a snake so he was not looking for a new pet. He dropped the puppy out the bathroom window into a fishtank that had rainwater in it. The fishtank was in the alley outside the store waiting to be pick up by the garbage collectors.

taf2002
12-05-2012, 08:43 PM
I'd be glad to look for him but I don't think I'll find him around here. I'm pretty far from Jersey.

Buzz
12-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Hope the puppy gets found soon! Keep us updated!

cruisin
12-06-2012, 12:24 AM
Judiz, you may not know that this has been all over network news. There are photos and video of the thief. The pet store owner seemed pretty upset, when they interviewed him. Hopefully the dog will be found in good health and the creep who took him will be punished.

judiz
12-06-2012, 03:34 AM
I am totally shocked that with all the publicity, no one has come forward to identify either of the thieves, someone somewhere has to know them.

judiz
12-06-2012, 03:38 AM
The store owner is a very nice man, during hurricane Sandy he opened the store so anyone without power could board their pets free of charge, so they could evacuate without leaving their pets in cold, dark houses.

cruisin
12-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I'm surprised no one has recognized the thieves. Sounds like the store owner is a great guy, I hope they find his puppy.

judiz
12-07-2012, 01:54 AM
Please go to Facebook and click on The Aquarium at Route 4's page to see the photos of the thieves and missing puppy. The poor thing needs medical care which it probably is not getting.

judiz
12-07-2012, 10:50 PM
YEAH! The police made two arrests today and the puppy was safely recovered. He was very dehydrated and had lost over a pound but is under the care of the vet and is expected to make a full recovery.

http://cliffviewpilot.com/man-charged-in-elmwood-park-puppy-theft-has-criminal-record/

skatingfan5
12-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Great news that the :dog: has been found -- and that he should make a full recovery, no thanks to the stupid thieves. :mad:

cruisin
12-07-2012, 11:40 PM
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Yay!

Jayar
12-08-2012, 05:56 AM
Ugh. They are from my neck of the woods.

Buzz
12-08-2012, 12:17 PM
YAY YAY YAY!!! :cheer2: