PDA

View Full Version : Royalty Thread #4 Nappies and Nuptials

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

taf2002
12-03-2012, 04:44 PM
According to yahoo:

http://gma.yahoo.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton-expecting-first-child-162730486.html

Kate is in the hospital for a few days due to acute morning sickness. The article didn't say when the baby is due. Now the speculation can begin re the gender & the name.

ETA: oops, I see this news is in the Christening thread. Sorry!

Jenny
12-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Now the speculation can begin re the gender & the name.

Speculation began long ago - we have already picked names :)

Reuven
12-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Well, that thread is due for closing-so maybe this can can pick it up? And, like I said there, Congrtulations to the Duke and Duchess!! May the morning sickness be short-lived.

IceAlisa
12-03-2012, 08:20 PM
She has hyperemesis gradidarum---it's rather bad, poor thing. Hope she gets over it soon.

floskate
12-03-2012, 08:20 PM
This will be the royalty thread #4. Any ideas for a better title, let me know and I'll edit it. Huge congratulations to Will to Kate and hope she feels better soon :)

kwanfan1818
12-03-2012, 08:36 PM
I suppose it's better than longer, but she could be experiencing this for three more months:

http://www.latimes.com/health/boostershots/la-heb-hyperemesis-gravidarum-kate-middleton-medical-20121203,0,7388764.story

If it is a sign of multiple embryos in her case, think f all the :drama: over more than one set of names.

taf2002
12-03-2012, 08:57 PM
My niece had this for eight months. And she was in the hospital & had a feeding tube for 6 months. She had to lay flat on her back without a pillow & only get up to go to the bathroom. If she even lifted her head she would start to throw up. She finally came home from the hospital when she was 8 months pregnant.

skatingfan5
12-03-2012, 09:03 PM
I suppose it's better than longer, but she could be experiencing this for three more months:

http://www.latimes.com/health/boostershots/la-heb-hyperemesis-gravidarum-kate-middleton-medical-20121203,0,7388764.story

If it is a sign of multiple embryos in her case, think f all the :drama: over more than one set of names.Congratulations to Kate and William! I hope that the Duchess is feeling better soon. My sister had severe morning sickness with her second pregnancy (I secretly thought/hoped that it might mean she was carrying a girl -- and she was!). Unfortunately, it lasted well into her second trimester -- and instead of gaining weight, she lost nearly 20 pounds in the first few months. Kate doesn't have 15 pounds to spare, so I really hope her condition responds well to treatment and/or doesn't last very long.

AragornElessar
12-03-2012, 09:07 PM
I KNEW IT!!!

I've been saying since the Summer it wouldn't shock me to hear something come November/December baby related to Will and Kate and... :D :D :D

I can't explain it either. It was just this funny hunch I had and that's the only way I can explain it.

So happy for them and Congratulations to them!!!!

However...Glad that Kate's in the hospital and getting treated for the wicked morning sickness, but I hope she doesn't go through this the entire time. My niece Lisa ended up being one of those women that did happen to and she's Type One Diabetic. Thankfully she and the medical team were able to keep Lisa hydrated *and* her sugars so well regulated, Lisa's had the best readings she's ever had.

So if my Niece w/such a serious health condition can be helped w/it through her entire nine months, I'm sure the medical team over there can help Kate.

I hope.

Out of curiosity, I checked to see what the first posting at the previous thread was and we were in the run up to little Estelle's Christening and also little Princess Athena's Christening too. Fitting that a thread that started off w/a couple of Royal Christenings and ended w/the announcement of another Royal Baby on it's way.

:)

A new thread title should have something about both this lovely news and Princess Maddie's upcoming Wedding. Maybe....Knitting Little Booties and Designing Wedding Gowns or something like that?

ETA ~ I just realized something. If I'd been able to find a ride over to Sudbury, today would have been my annual skin check up appt. So what you're asking? Just that it was my annual skin check up appt the day Will and Kate announced their Engagement.

How eerie is that?

One other thing...Now I'm *really* looking forward to HM's Christmas Broadcast in a few weeks. :D

skategal
12-03-2012, 09:44 PM
My niece had this for eight months. And she was in the hospital & had a feeding tube for 6 months. She had to lay flat on her back without a pillow & only get up to go to the bathroom. If she even lifted her head she would start to throw up. She finally came home from the hospital when she was 8 months pregnant.

Yes, I know someone who experienced the same thing. It's no fun for sure. Hope Kate's is not that bad.

IceAlisa
12-03-2012, 09:50 PM
I've read about a case when the woman suffered from HG the entire pregnancy, complicated by the fact that she was having twins. Relief came immediately after their birth. Hope she recovers at the usual 3 months mark.

Spareoom
12-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Poor Kate; that sounds miserable. But it sounds like they're talking all the right precautions and she'll get all the best care in the hospital to ensure that she and her baby are healthy...won't be comfortable, but she should be fine.

So happy for them; hope it's a girl! :D ;)

Jenny
12-03-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm trying to imagine how the poor thing got through her recent engagements - including playing a bit of field hockey just a day or two ago! All that standing and smiling and being pleasant - when she probably just wanted to curl up with some tea and dry toast in her jammies.

Lanie
12-03-2012, 10:05 PM
HG is horrible. Poor Kate. No medication worked to ease my nausea when I was pregnant and I lost a bunch of weight, for my size. It was scary. :(

For the anecdote of severe morning sickness and girls, well, I had a boy. SIL who had a girl didn't have it much. I was puking through the whole pregnancy. Blech.

skatesindreams
12-03-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm trying to imagine how the poor thing got through her recent engagements - including playing a bit of field hockey just a day or two ago! All that standing and smiling and being pleasant - when she probably just wanted to curl up with some tea and dry toast in her jammies.

Likely true!

However, she certainly looked wonderful during the visit to her Prep school, St. Andrew's:
http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Kate-Saint-Andrews-Prep-McQueen-Black-Watch-Coat-Arthur-Edwards-The-Sun-PA-Wire-700-x-500.jpg