PDA

View Full Version : Scandal - Season Two Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

HeatherC
11-01-2012, 02:20 AM
This thread is a discussion area for all the fans of the TV show Scandal which is Shonda Rimes newest show about a woman 'fixer' and her associates who work in Washington DC, talk really fast, and are just :kickass: in general about everything. The latest news about the show is that they got a full season pickup from ABC for the first time so we get a WHOLE YEAR of Scandal this time! WOOT!!!! :rollin:

Carry on with the discussion now... :cheer:

BaileyCatts
11-01-2012, 07:10 AM
Oh oh oh!! its own thread! Yeaaaaaahhhh!!!! :cheer2: But it ain't on until next week due to CMA's. :wuzrobbed

Although I am totally spinning over the Molatov Mistress dealie thing and how, even back then, Olivia and Huck were involved in that? And the little round table that ended the last episode!??!

And am I the only one who thinks that Mellie is totally faking her pregnancy?! A 40-something woman just decides "let's have a baby" and poof ... she be pregnant just like that? I think she is not really pregnant and that she's got a surrogate stashed away in some fancy hotel just waiting for that baby to be born. Oh I just luvs how politely evil she is. When she came up with that miscarriage speech right in the middle of an interview? Ohhhhhh .... she be evil. I love her. :EVILLE:

BaileyCatts
11-01-2012, 07:12 AM
:o double post.

Bostonfan
11-01-2012, 11:27 AM
I doubt Mellie could make Fitz feel the baby kick. It's real. To be otherwise would strain the credibility of even this soapy show.

This show runs on two tracks - the weekly "scandal" to be managed and the larger back story of the secret circle (that's what I'm calling them). Frankly I'm choosing not to care so much about the secret circle right now so I don't get too invested only to find out the writers don't know what they're doing. Same with Person of Interest. I do enjoy the weekly cases. Something for everyone I guess.

Artemis@BC
11-01-2012, 05:37 PM
I agree, the super-sekret conspiracy circle is the least intriguing part of this series. But nonetheless, I am interested to see how this plays out. Esp. with Mellie at the table -- was she there as a proxy for Fitz, or completely on her own? Does he even know about it?

I wouldn't call Mellie evil. Manipulative and out to get her way, for sure. And the very epitome of a woman scorned. But that doesn't count as evil im my books.

I'm still not sure how I feel about Abby's character this season. Last season when she was all swoony-moony over English dude who's now left the show, it was alternately sweet and pathetic. This season, with first her bitchyness toward Quinn and now her spiteful collaboration with David ... not very attractive. (It's hard not to feel for David though.)

Huck's character is completely fabulous. Terrifying ... but fabulous.

The one thing that's bugged me the most this season, though, is why on earth Quinn/Lindsey was tried in DC when the crime she was accused of occured in California. Did they ever explain that, or did we hope we'd just ignore and accept that the only reason for doing it that was was to set up David in his avenging sword of justice role?

Bostonfan
11-01-2012, 07:38 PM
I don't recally exactly, but I thought she was tried in a Federal court due to the nature of her crimes.

Artemis@BC
11-01-2012, 08:06 PM
I don't recally exactly, but I thought she was tried in a Federal court due to the nature of her crimes.

Federal court, sure ... but they have those in California too, no?

Everything I know about the US judicial system I've learned from TV :shuffle: ... but I would have though there's have to be a fairly compelling reason to move a trial so far away from the place where the crime took place.

HeatherC
11-09-2012, 02:28 AM
Bump....new show tonight!! :cheer:

BaileyCatts
11-11-2012, 06:27 AM
Just watched my tape and would comment but I can't cause I couldn't hear a damn thing they said and I have to go watch again. :mad: Must they talk so freaking fast all.the.time??

PleasetakeabreathwhentalkingsoIcanactuallyherewhat youaresaying!!! I had this same problem with the West Wing too. Love the shows, but it irritates me sometimes when they talk sssoooo fast you can't hear a damn word. For some reason, this weeks episode was particularly heavy on the speed talking and it kinda irritated me. I'll watch it again and see if I can actually make out what happened. :shuffle:

Sassafras
11-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Just watched my tape and would comment but I can't cause I couldn't hear a damn thing they said and I have to go watch again. :mad: Must they talk so freaking fast all.the.time??

PleasetakeabreathwhentalkingsoIcanactuallyherewhat youaresaying!!! I had this same problem with the West Wing too. Love the shows, but it irritates me sometimes when they talk sssoooo fast you can't hear a damn word. For some reason, this weeks episode was particularly heavy on the speed talking and it kinda irritated me. I'll watch it again and see if I can actually make out what happened. :shuffle:

I'm glad it wasn't just me:o

l'etoile
11-11-2012, 10:55 PM
^Count me in on that, too! At least The West Wing had its wit and gravity in that, when Olivia does that, it's plain annoying and cheezy; like she's about to save the whole world! I just watch the show for its drama and Fitz:swoon:

PRlady
11-14-2012, 03:15 AM
I just watched my tape from Thursday night. Good thing they didn't plan to air that episode until AFTER the election, I'm sure someone kept that in mind.

They do talk too fast but I really like the show, it's like the Bizarro World West Wing.

Sassafras
11-14-2012, 03:39 AM
The original Olivia Pope (http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/shortcuts/2012/nov/13/judy-smith-petraeus-affair)

BaileyCatts
11-30-2012, 04:07 AM
:eek: Holy crap!!!

HeatherC
11-30-2012, 04:10 AM
Whoa!! :eek: