PDA

View Full Version : Disney purchases Lucasfilm and plans on releasing Star Wars episode 7 in 2015!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Twilight1
10-30-2012, 10:06 PM
I am a huge Star Wars fan so I hope Disney does the franchise justice.

skatesindreams
10-30-2012, 10:08 PM
As do I!

liv
10-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Wow!!! is all I can say.,.that's a big number of dollars. I am so excited and surprised that George is letting go of something he kept strict control over. I hope they are able to stay true to the franchise... but, the lowest level for Star Wars was achieved with the Phantom Menace, so it's only up from there. If they do it right, they can make megga bucks with this.

genevieve
10-30-2012, 10:27 PM
ugh

orbitz
10-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Episode 7 will be better than I,II,and III without Lucas directing. Maybe Disney will get around to rebooting I, II, III and VI eventually also.

Yehudi
10-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Episode 7 will be better than I,II,and III without Lucas directing. Maybe Disney will get around to rebooting I, II, III and VI eventually also.

Heck, I'd be happy if they released a DVD with Han shooting first.

Buzz
10-30-2012, 10:55 PM
This Star Wars fan is VERY happy! Thanks for posting! But I am surprised that George Lucas sold it.

Cyn
10-30-2012, 11:14 PM
This has to be a weird, medication induced dream I'm having -- I'd swear I heard tell that Lucasfilm (of the two Star Wars Trilogies), was sold to Disney to the tune of 4.04 Billion dollars :wideeyes:

Alas, it was no dream. This shit is happening.

With the acquisition, Disney has plans to produce an Episode VII, scheduled for release in 2015 :wall:. Following that, there are plans to release a new Star Wars film every 2-3 years :scream: :lynch:. The mere thought of this leaves a great death in my soul :drama: :fragile:, especially after the trio of trainwrecks known as Episodes I, II, and III.

As a nerdy kid in the 70s, nothing came close to the incomparable awesomeness of Episodes IV, V, and VI. Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi were absolute masterpieces of science fiction, with TESB being (IMO) the best of the three.

ROTJ was a harbinger of the franchise's decline with the addition of those stupid hairy Cabbage Patch Dolls Ewoks, but it did have its moments -- Han Solo finally being thawed from the carbonite, Boba Fett finally getting his just desserts (or more accurately, becoming the Sarlacc's dessert), Jabba the Hutt (thanks to Mel Brooks, he will forever be "Pizza the Hut" to me :rofl: ) being strangled to death by the chains that imprisoned his great prize, the high-speed chases on what were arguably the ultimate in futuristic BMX biking (the Redwood Forest as the scenery didn't hurt, either), and finally, the eville emperor Palpatine's demise.

The most memorable moment of ROTJ is in its own paragraph as it has become both a Sci-Fi and a pop culture icon, deserving of recognition that stands out from the masses (in addition to needing a separate dressing room in all those years of filming :P ). I am, of course, referring to Princess Leia sporting the gold metal bikini and chains after being caught by Jabba the Hutt while trying to rescue Han Solo.

The RTOJ promo poster, along with the many photo shoots, stills, and "inspired" artwork of Leia adorned in this attire was not only a smashing success for publicity (to say nothing that it was a much better look than that double-donut-meets-Vestal-Virgin thing she had going on in Star Wars), she became the inspiration for hours of shower-nozzle masturbation material or sock puppet stimulation :grope: , depending on one's sex :saint:. When compared to Carrie Fisher during that hot, sticky summer of 1983, the many women/vixens/aliens Captain Kirk encountered paled in comparison

So does this mean the geodesic dome at Epcot will become the new Death Star?

overedge
10-30-2012, 11:41 PM
I dunno, I'm not a huge Star wars fan by any means, but....Lucas said h e would never make another SW because he was sick of the fanboy nitpicking and criticism, so I can see why Disney sensed an opportunity.

But if the fanboys weren't happy with what Lucas had done lately, they are probably going to go ballistic with what Disney is likely to do with it. Look how Disney destroyed and commercialized Winnie the Pooh :wuzrobbed:

Vash01
10-30-2012, 11:44 PM
Can't wait to see Episode 7.

orbitz
10-30-2012, 11:54 PM
But if the fanboys weren't happy with what Lucas had done lately, they are probably going to go ballistic with what Disney is likely to do with it. Look how Disney destroyed and commercialized Winnie the Pooh :wuzrobbed:

Well Disney is behind the global smash The Avengers. I think they know what they're doing.

overedge
10-30-2012, 11:59 PM
Well Disney is behind the global smash The Avengers. I think they know what they're doing.

I'll wait to be convinced.

Kruss
10-31-2012, 12:55 AM
Some of the jokes hitting the internet already are hilarious.

http://twitpic.com/b8w298

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6fUsVICYAEei5M.jpg

https://twitter.com/JaneEspenson/status/263372603811581952

"These are not the dwarves you're looking for"
"Snow White and the Seven Droids"
"Hook is Han!"

overedge
10-31-2012, 01:06 AM
Shouldn't Lucas look a little happier about getting a sh*tload of money? :rofl:

https://plus.google.com/+ThinkGeek/posts/aL66gvRBgwv

LilJen
10-31-2012, 01:18 AM
And so Pixar and Lucasfilms are back together again. So will we have "The Toys Strike Back"? "Finding Darth Nemo"? "Droids Inc."?

I really don't like the feeling of having Disney control so much of our entertainment. Monopoly anyone?