PDA

View Full Version : the Voice: Knockout rounds

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

rfisher
10-30-2012, 12:09 AM
Half of them leave tonight. They pick their songs. Coaches choose. Singers won't know who they'll be competing against until the show.

Whoa. Not every team is guaranteed a spot in the live shows. That's interesting.

Adam up first with his steal of one of Xtina's popgirls.

my little pony
10-30-2012, 12:10 AM
is it on where you are? i have storm coverage instead of this and DWTS

rfisher
10-30-2012, 12:16 AM
I have no storm. Adam put up Jocelyn (Xtina's) against Kayla (his) and he goes with Jocelyn. (she sang some Beyonce song).

Adam's next knockout Bryan (singing Everything I do I do it for you by Brian Adams) vs Joe (singing TS's Why do you have to be so mean? barf why would a male pick that song????) based on the expression on Xtina's face, she agrees with me. Adam has to go with Bryan not only because he's a better singer, but he's not an idiot singing a teenage girl song. What?? Adam is more impressed by Joe, but he's not stupid and goes with Bryan.

Adam #3 Amanda (steal from Ceelo) Singing Paris' Ohh La La (sounds good in rehersal) vs. Michelle (singing Spotlight by JHud). Michelle looks like she's going to barf watching Amanda. I'd just quit and go home if I were here. She does OK, but I'd go with Amanda. Ceelo likes michele: Xtina likes Amanda. Adam goes with Amanda. ITA.

Adam #4 Loren vs Nicole Loren singing You know I'm no good by Amy Winehouse: Adam tells her he doesn't want to hear happy wedding singer in that song. Nicole singing If I ain't got you by Alicia Keys .Loren gets a SO from Adam and Xtina. That'll make Nicole feel good. No standing O for Loren. Does not bode well for Nicole. :( But she did a really good job. Adam goes with Loren. It's clear he did not expect her to win but she brought it when she needed to do so.

Matryeshka
10-30-2012, 12:31 AM
I just started from the beginning--we've been watching the storm.

kylet3
10-30-2012, 12:34 AM
Agh! Why did Adam put these two together?! Two girls with huge voices going against each other when they should both be in the live shows! Eep! Not fair!

Matryeshka
10-30-2012, 12:42 AM
:scream: Taylor Swift v. Bryan Adams

I'm pretty sure I've had nightmares that start like that. And it's Taylor's most whiniest, passive aggressive song. :yikes:

Matryeshka
10-30-2012, 12:54 AM
Michelle totally won that. What won that battle was looks, plain and simple. I really liked Amanda, and I'm glad she's still in the competition and Paris is a fantastic song choice, but Michelle just killed it. Adam's team is dead to me.

4rkidz
10-30-2012, 12:58 AM
skunky girl has gone curly tonight.. doesn't really do much for me.. not enough power..

4rkidz
10-30-2012, 01:01 AM
I think I would pick Sam based on that performance.. although Melanie is unique

rfisher
10-30-2012, 01:01 AM
Skunk hair doing bullet proof against Sam singing Walking in Memphis. Skunk hair was OK, Sam OK, I'm betting Adam goes with skunk hair since he's got Brian and they do the same material.
Blake says pick Sam. Xtina says Melanie. Adam says Melanie aka Skunkhair. foregone conclusion.
why does CeeLo look like he's going on Iron Chef after the show?

rfisher
10-30-2012, 01:07 AM
:wuzrobbed Ceelo is pairing Avery against Cody. Bye Cody. :wuzrobbed
Avery singing Chris Brown. Cody singing Jolene. Cody, my homeboy never had a chance. Every gay boy should be crying now. Cody, you did a good job, my boy. Adam says you won that. Blake says Cody won. Is there hope? OMG CeeLo goes with Cody. Doing the happy dance here. :cheer2: Way to sing when you needed to.

4rkidz
10-30-2012, 01:07 AM
oh I like Avery.. hope he makes it..

ETA.. i take that back...:shuffle:

Matryeshka
10-30-2012, 01:09 AM
This was the first time Melanie hasn't seemed overly-affected to me, but I'm betting the reason she does the breaks and breathiness in her voice is that she can't hit the note, and she knows it. It's a classic cheat. I'd have really liked to have heard Kayla sing that song with that arrangement.

I'd have said Avery would stomp all over Cody, but then there was Lauren :eek:

4rkidz
10-30-2012, 01:13 AM
not a fan of Cody but he won that pairing..

Pretty Vegas
10-30-2012, 01:13 AM
YAY! Cee-Lo picked Cody! I'm shocked..but he was way better.