PDA

View Full Version : Russia 3rd Ladies Worlds & Euros Spot

Pages : [1] 2 3

haribobo
10-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Not that Leonova and Sotnikova are sure bets, but so far the way things are going, they should be there. Who do you see as most likely to join them on the team?

pinky166
10-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Not that Leonova and Sotnikova are sure bets, but so far the way things are going, they should be there. Who do you see as most likely to join them on the team?

Umm no one is a sure bet now, based on what we saw last week Sotnikova and Leonova certainly shouldn't be locks, and Tuk was the best of the Russian ladies at SC but still was not that impressive compared to usual. I think any hope for Shelepen is gone though, judging from the loss of her consistency and plummeting of her scores since leaving Tutberizde on top of the fact that she's prone to URs and her PCS are in the low 6s on a good day. Korobeynikova bombed the SP at Cup of Nice, but I still think she's probably the most talented and all-around skater capable of scoring the best when "on". Sotnikova and Leonova both came off as very sloppy and unpolished at SA. I know it's early in the season, but..

briancoogaert
10-27-2012, 08:20 PM
I want Polina Korobeynikova to be in the russian team. She is so beautiful to watch. I don't care about the jumps she lands. She has good basics, good jumping technique and overall technique, and she is beautiful !

love_skate2011
10-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Tuk just showed at Skate Canada she is a fighter !!!
she is more of a shoo in than Leonova or Sotnikova, imo

Pola K. is a hot mess atm, she bombs too much :(

briancoogaert
10-27-2012, 09:21 PM

I'll be the only vote for Polina ? :wuzrobbed

love_skate2011
10-27-2012, 09:24 PM
I'll be the only vote for Polina ? :wuzrobbed

Polina K. just bombed Cup of Nice her score is like 44+ in SP :(

Liza I really admire her, she never gives up !
even when she fell on her 3Lz she added more fire after that to her program

hanca
10-28-2012, 12:50 PM

She has just won Cup of Nice!

briancoogaert
10-28-2012, 01:00 PM
She has just won Cup of Nice!
OMG, I can't believe it.

love_skate2011
10-28-2012, 01:01 PM
OMG, I can't believe it.

she did :eek:, 11th in SP but won the FS :cheer2:

haribobo
10-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Here are scores so far this season:

Lipnitskaia 188 (but too young)
Sotnikova 168, 168
Tuktamysheva 168
Makarova 154
Leonova 153
Korobeinikova 149
Zaseeva 146
Shelepen 124, 147
Agafonova 139
Biryukova

Cherub721
10-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Wow, so Makarova would still be top 3 among age eligibles so far. That is hilarious.

briancoogaert
10-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Wow, so Makarova would still be top 3 among age eligibles so far. That is hilarious.
That is devastating ! lol

alchemy void
10-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Leonova has peaked at Worlds the past two years. She will improve as the season goes on and is a lock to make the team. She is the anchor.

Tuktamysheva and Sotnikova should round out the team. Both had decent debuts, nothing earth shattering but the rest of the Russian girls are a hot mess.

I know Korobeinkova is universally loved here but she has a long way to go to even be part of the conversation. Yeah, she won Cup of Nice and landed 5 easier triples, but totally bombed the SP. Her program is slow and empty of any transitions or any choreography for that matter. It is good to ser her land jumps but she is very far away from being competitive.

Poor Shelepen, has she grown? Or does her new coach suck that much? Impressed with her attitude in the K&C after the LP disaster.

Who knows, maybe Biryukova will shock us at Cup of China and put herself in the conversation? :lol:

lulu
10-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Just saw Ksenia's Skate Canada LP on NBC, mistakes on the jumps not withstanding, I really enjoyed the program. :)

Lyinna
10-28-2012, 09:06 PM
I hope so badly that Makarova can get the third spot! I love both her programms and she's such a lovely skater