PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #21 - Carry On as the Waltz Goes On

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68

sap5
11-06-2012, 03:12 AM
Given how they skated at SC, and how they usually tend to progress over the season, I don't think we have anything to worry about on the peaking too soon. That said, I desparately want them to win that GPF title this year. They just need to be further enough down the road to win in December. *turn, spit, curse*

Why do you keep spitting? It's really gross. Can't you just turn and curse?

;)

aka_gerbil
11-06-2012, 03:19 AM
Why do you keep spitting? It's really gross. Can't you just turn and curse?

You've never seen "The West Wing" have you? Turn, spit, curse is homage to a particular scene in a particular episode in the 4th season when President Bartlet is re-elected to a second term. Early in the day, one of the characters, Toby, is superstitious when people start looking ahead. He tells another character that they need to go outside, turn, spit, and curse so they won't incur the wrath of the whatever high atop the thing (and President Bartlet not be re-elected). A group of friends, who are also TWW fans, that I'm part of have been doing *turn, spit, curse* for years now when someone needs some luck or support for something that's going on. It's carried over to V/M things for me. ;)

Proustable
11-06-2012, 03:24 AM
You're saying that those teams won their medals because the judges share their nationalities. That's a huge disservice to the skaters in my opinion. You might think Samson and Delilah was superior to Pink Floyd at Worlds, I disagree. See? It's a matter of opinion based on what we saw on the ice. I didn't like the Shibs winning that bronze, but I understand why they did and they deserved it.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I'm fine with the results aforementioned. You can make an argument that V/M were underscored in the CD in 2009 (and their aesthetic presentation of the FD was second to noneand I think the Shibs earned the bronze. I'm saying had the judging panels been different that they would have scored it differently. And in the aforementioned examples, the differences would be enough to reverse the standings.

Anyway, lets go back and talk about this FD and SD.

iggie
11-06-2012, 03:42 AM
I don't know if it's already been posted here, but I've just discovered this audio interview/fluff on Iggie's blog. Nothing really new, as far as information goes, but it's always nice to hear them speak so warmly about their friendship, closeness and "unison".

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/video/#id=2298689987

Iggie, you're doing a wonderful job with keeping everything organized in one place. Many thanks!

thanks

pani
11-06-2012, 07:27 AM
T-S had 1 FD, wich they didnt change during all season - Sibelius. But i dont think they change something in UoS - only costumes.
First Mahler outing at GP wasnt good, so yes, they change the ending.
They change FF after GPF.
But Carmen - its a piece af art. And i want to see it, like this and dont want this become one more V-M FD, wich need to bring the gold and they need to listening all around.
Thats why i hate all this negativity in this thread. With this FD who care will they be WCh or no? All see this is the best FD in this season and maybe in last years. Could we stop thinking all time about points and start talking about art? :)
If someone will see colored scheldue of CoR - let me know, please ;)

IoanaC
11-06-2012, 10:04 AM
But Carmen - its a piece af art. And i want to see it, like this and dont want this become one more V-M FD, wich need to bring the gold and they need to listening all around.
Thats why i hate all this negativity in this thread. With this FD who care will they be WCh or no? All see this is the best FD in this season and maybe in last years. Could we stop thinking all time about points and start talking about art? :)
If someone will see colored scheldue of CoR - let me know, please ;)

There's no negativity here, Pani. People are just discussing different possibilities. Of course every one of us cherishes "Carmen" for the fabulous program that it is. But we also know that Tessa and Scott want to win with it, and we want it for them. It's only natural. After all, it's a competition and they are both very competitive people.

martyross
11-06-2012, 11:02 AM
and because fans are competitive people as well :P
anyone thinking of a title? what about some quote from Tessa or Scott about Carmen?

Cherub721
11-06-2012, 02:35 PM
and because fans are competitive people as well :P
anyone thinking of a title? what about some quote from Tessa or Scott about Carmen?

I really like "50 shades of Carmen." :rofl:

aka_gerbil
11-06-2012, 02:50 PM
I really like "50 shades of Carmen." :rofl:

I like that, or "50 Shades of Virtue and Moir."

I do not ascribe to the theory by some that the program is too risque or anything like that. I just think a "50 Shades" title would be hilarious. :D

sap5
11-06-2012, 03:26 PM
With this FD who care will they be WCh or no?

I can think of a fan who has gone nuts whenever D/W has beaten V/M, even though that fan has claimed in the past not to care. Hopefully that fan will mean what she says this year, and let the rest of us who truly don't care enjoy the programs in peace. I will wait and see.

pani
11-06-2012, 03:39 PM
I can think of a fan who has gone nuts whenever D/W has beaten V/M, even though that fan has claimed in the past not to care. Hopefully that fan will mean what she says this year, and let the rest of us who truly don't care enjoy the programs in peace. I will wait and see.

Why if you dont care you didnt see V-M show in this FD they are in 10 better, then DW?

Manaud
11-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Tessa was missing in action because she was not feeling well. Scott was looking for her

pani
11-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Tessa was missing in action because she was not feeling well. Scott was looking for her

Are you talking about medal ceremony?

Emdee
11-06-2012, 03:57 PM
I dont like the 50 shades title at all.
I think it takes away from the fact that Carmen is a work of art.

Maybe be a good idea to take a phrase from their interview .

Manaud
11-06-2012, 04:07 PM
I am referring to the picture of scott in the stands with his family during patricks skate. when he came up he did not know where tessa was and thought that she might be up in the stands.