PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #21 - Carry On as the Waltz Goes On

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

HSGP21
11-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Skate Canada's SD, FD and Medal ceremony are on icenetwork... the medal ceremony is very very sweet, you can see Scott's concern for Tessa (rubs her back the whole time more or less) and both sing the national anthem.

Good quality video for the FD, nice to hear their chatter during the kiss and cry without the commentators blabbing through the replays. Had to laugh at Scott laughingly requesting that they play the 2nd to last lift on the soundbite on TSN, and found it sweet that he tells Tessa that the mistake on the diagonal footwork sequence was his fault not hers.

Debbie Wilkes needs to be muzzled, however.

This free dance is so so exciting...watching without commentary was quite a treat. They are just amazing!

I am also a little in love with this picture- http://s897.beta.photobucket.com/user/Orelse/media/SC2012%20Gala/IMG_4893.jpg.html?sort=3&o=9

Carmen Ovsiannikov
11-05-2012, 01:44 AM
how much are we really expecting them to improve for cup of russia. it's technically 2 weeks, but with one week for travelling and getting accustomed to time zone and competiting, it's really one week. i think scott took a few days off for his neck ... because that's what he did in lieu of finlandia. so how much do you think they trained/improved?

I think that by "improvement" people don't mean they expect Tessa and Scott to look the way they will by the end of the season. I think most people (or perhaps I should just speak for myself) mean that they will be better than they were at Skate Canada. The level of performance should come up a level; especially in the SD. Scott hitting Tessa in the face did seem to throw them off and the lift in which Scott orginally injured his neck did come off as tentative. The entire program was skated at a level below what V&M are usually capable of, even at the beginning of the season. For Cup of Russia, I think both programs won't be performed at 100% or rather looking the way they undoubtedly will by the GPF and Worlds in particular but should be cleaner and a little more surefooted than they were last weekend.

I'm loving reading all the comments and interpretations of Carmen and the ins and outs of V&M's performance of it. I'm throwing in another vote to not changing a thing about the FD. As is, once it's skated to its fullest potential, I believe this FD will really rack up the points. I think it would be a tall order for V&M to break or exceed 200 points as Marina said but it will do well. Understatement.

I also don't have a problem with the construction of the SD with the Polka only being used for the CD pattern. This is another case where I feel the overall layout of the dance will look better once it's skated well. At the moment the only change that needs to be made (and apparently has been made) is to get rid of the lift that injured Scott's neck.

vmsk8
11-05-2012, 01:48 AM
I hope they don't change a thing about this program. I absolutely love everything about it.

IoanaC
11-05-2012, 01:48 AM
HSGP21, you need to be a subscriber to watch those (and even so, I think it's for North Am only), but thanks anyway... Maybe someone will upload the videos on YT.

iggie
11-05-2012, 01:50 AM
welcome vmsk8

iggie
11-05-2012, 01:51 AM
i guess i'm expecting to not see level 2s anywhere, a different sd lift, and smoother programs... 70ish for sd and 100ish for fd. average scores for a team aiming to be at the top of the podium come worlds.

HSGP21
11-05-2012, 02:02 AM
HSGP21, you need to be a subscriber to watch those (and even so, I think it's for North Am only), but thanks anyway... Maybe someone will upload the videos on YT.

Yes, I know...that's why I described what I saw that I had not seen in other videos... wouldn't have a clue how to upload them on youtube but perhaps someone will

walei
11-05-2012, 02:14 AM
Honestly I don't think we will see any changes to the programs this week, they don't have enough time to change and practice enough to feel competition ready. I also don't think they will be squeaky clean, it is just too demanding of a program for them.

Hope they skate their lights out though at GPF though, they have never won that and I really want to see them win.

iggie
11-05-2012, 02:18 AM
and if they do skate lights out at the gpf, you know people who start saying they've peaked. if they struggled, you know people will say they can't do it.

sap5
11-05-2012, 02:24 AM
I was looking at this Marina quote in http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20121027&content_id=40086726&vkey=ice_news

"Years ago when Tessa and Scott were juniors, many of the comments from judges and officials were that they could see more of Scott," she said. "He's dancing, he's hyper, he has dark hair, he has enthusiasm. Tessa is so gentle, so lyrical, so beautiful.

...and wondered what the dark hair had to do with it? :lol: I'm also wondering if that's why Tessa has been dying hair so dark these past few seasons? ;)

Tak
11-05-2012, 03:21 AM
I dont often post here, but I just have to say - DONT CHANGE A THING -- PLEASE!

I just loved this dance from start to finish - everything had a point - everything meant something - and it was all building to the ending. All they need to do to make this program better is practice, practice, and more practice. They dont need to change anything and I am hoping to God they dont.

I worry about Marina trying to put her "stamp" on this program - God knows we've seen enough of her stuff over the years - I hope she keeps her hands off this. It' the best thing they've ever done, and I cant wait to see this at Worlds. They should bring down the house.

girlscouse62
11-05-2012, 03:23 AM
Not North America. I tried to subscribe (i'm in BC, Canada ), and can't because it's not available in this zone.

Shayii
11-05-2012, 03:24 AM
...The first time I saw the provocative movements and that last rotational lift, I jumped out of my seat and screamed "OH NO THEY DIDN'T!"

This made me laugh!

Honestly I don't think we will see any changes to the programs this week, they don't have enough time to change and practice enough to feel competition ready. I also don't think they will be squeaky clean, it is just too demanding of a program for them.

Hope they skate their lights out though at GPF though, they have never won that and I really want to see them win.
Yea same here. I think the only real difference we'll see is to the lift in the SD.

I was looking at this Marina quote in http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20121027&content_id=40086726&vkey=ice_news

...and wondered what the dark hair had to do with it? :lol: I'm also wondering if that's why Tessa has been dying hair so dark these past few seasons? ;)

When I saw the quote I thought the same thing. I liked Tessa's red hair, but she looks great with dark hair too. Hopefully she never decides to go blonde.

tapper88
11-05-2012, 03:54 AM
Can someone please upload the icenetwork stuff??! :)

pani
11-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Can someone please upload the icenetwork stuff??! :)

Medal ceremony, full version. You could see, how Igor congrats Tessa and Scott.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3d_yDd6wZHo