PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #21 - Carry On as the Waltz Goes On

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

iggie
11-04-2012, 01:48 AM
off topic, but i have yet to come across off ice photos of them this season. even press conference ones. does anyone have any?

jenji124
11-04-2012, 02:22 AM
Great interview. Love the explanation they each gave about the characters they play. Tessa really understands the part she plays. Really enjoyed hearing their perspective about how they are interpreting the music and program.

Proustable
11-04-2012, 02:33 AM
The lifts in "Funny Face" ranged. They had to change their first lift because she had difficulty getting into position (which dropped it down to level two). Their second lift was easy for them. Their third lift (the combination lift) was so awesome that the sheer awesomeness of it overwhelmed any minor difficulty (Tessa did a balance check every now and then). The choreographic lift in "Carmen" is interesting. I have to admit I like the pedestal nature of it and the way it leads to the abrupt ending is thrilling, but I'm not sure if I want the completely outstretched position vs the most statuesque pose.

pani
11-04-2012, 01:17 PM
I hope T-S will not change any step in this FD - Russia with them and we undestamd every move in this "Carmen" :lol:
It will be interesting, will people at CoR love or hate this FD and what reaction we will see from audience ;)
I only hope they will be OK - thats all.
As for lifts. First of all you talked about lifts but now about last choreo lift. I agree, this lift maybe very painfull for Scott, but i didnt see any problems with the others. Its not like first lift in FF - this lift were cool, but they didnt made it to look easy and then change it. I didnt see such problems with "Carmen" lifts. Hope i am right, but the time will tell.
Like this interview with PJ. :) Mother Russia wait you, guys :)

bmcg
11-04-2012, 04:40 PM
I agree with pani regarding the lifts. I think the choreographic lift at the end reminds me of that original opening lift in FF, great position but hard to get speed going into it so the slower speed makes it look more labored.

pani
11-04-2012, 05:26 PM
I agree with pani regarding the lifts. I think the choreographic lift at the end reminds me of that original opening lift in FF, great position but hard to get speed going into it so the slower speed makes it look more labored.

But i think the idea is this must be static and to show - Don Jose was ruin by Carmen. Please, Tessa and Scott, save this lift.

iggie
11-04-2012, 06:44 PM
the end of carmen feels too crammed with lifts.

Golightly
11-04-2012, 06:54 PM
the end of carmen feels too crammed with lifts.

It felt that way because they struggled. I think, if skated cleanly, it could be marvelous. I love that lift and the meaning behind it, I hope they keep it.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

sk8ingcoach
11-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Thought the free dance was great and they will most likely win worlds again. But that lift and the ending needs to change

pani
11-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Thought the free dance was great and they will most likely win worlds again. But that lift and the ending needs to change

Hope they will not. This alwayse V-M did everything wrong and need something to change, when other made all so easy, dont need change ect.
Sorry, but i want T-S will fight for thei FD and will not made it easy. In this FD every element is i right place.
I dont want they will skate something like Chock-Bates FD - skating arround, didnt made nothig difficult and run from one lift to another :mad:

Golightly
11-04-2012, 07:12 PM

I would move the other lift so that it isn't as close to this one, but I wouldn't cut the choreo lift.

bmcg
11-04-2012, 07:44 PM
I don't think they should move it. It's a demanding program and just needs mileage. Way too early for changes to the FD.

The only thing they need to rethink is something they are already rethinking which is the lift in the SD, not worth the risk. Their FD is a winner so they need to keep near the front with the SD and with the SD scores looking to be quite close for a handful of teams they canīt afford to risk losing levels on that lift.

Golightly
11-04-2012, 07:45 PM
I agree with Pani. This free is so well-structured, it just needs mileage. I feel it's something that could be a classic, their best dance ever. I'm already so protective of it, I don't want it to be tweaked.

Shayii
11-04-2012, 07:47 PM

Why? And how do you think the program should end?

I'm happy we'll see them again this weekend! Pani, make sure you and friends cheer extra hard for them.

pani
11-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Why? And how do you think the program should end?

I'm happy we'll see them again this weekend! Pani, make sure you and friends cheer extra hard for them.

I will try to do my best :D