PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #21 - Carry On as the Waltz Goes On

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
11-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Thanks pani. I wonder what P&B received the deduction for. If they made at least one mistake I'm thinking that also might have resulted in the lost of GOE points as well. Anyway, not bad for them on their first GP event. Not bad at all.

I do find W&P's SD to be quite lackluster and with the FD I actually like certain moments or elements in it but IMO the overall package didn't quite win me over. It's a bit of a let down from last season.

They get deduction for extended lifts. I think its one, where Natalie stay on Fabian boots.
And i think you need to stop read everything in internet - let look at V-M and made decigions from what we see, but not what we read about.
Scott did all lifts in FD really great, so i dont worry about this. At practice SD were OK, but with Tessas dress it was a problem to do it.
And with V-M every season we beging with someone start talking about there bad programs, now about there bad skating ect. Only if we saw it "live" we could see- did they have any problems or no. And from practice video did you saw V-M have any troubles in there skating?
Yes, now all PR is against them - Igor, USA FS federation, russinans so maybe we could support them?
Especially if i am thinking there FD is on two heads better then any of the others ;)

Golightly
11-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Happy for PB, even if I don't particularly like their FD.

Re: VM's short. Um, what? I actually feel they found the perfect polka to go with it. If they perform it like they did in practice, it'll be amazing. I like this one very much.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

pani
11-03-2012, 03:15 PM

Re: VM's short. Um, what? I actually feel they found the perfect polka to go with it. If they perform it like they did in practice, it'll be amazing. I like this one very much.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

First of all we need to see this SD when they will skate it clean and when they will show more speed and power. When this will happened - i dont know. But they will have all season to do this. Hope they will stay healthy.

walei
11-03-2012, 03:25 PM
walei thansk for translation :)
Sad chinees commentators did se difference in D-W and V-M FD.
Did they like C-L or V-M Carmen better?

:) No Problem. They didn't say exactly which Carmen was better, just agreed with the score that V/M is another level above.

IoanaC
11-03-2012, 03:34 PM
The more I watch V/M's SD, the less I like it. It starts off strong, but then the polka comes out of nowhere, and the rest of it looks like a bunch of elements strung together. Why are they suddenly so happy during the polka? What's the story in the movements after the polka ends? And what mood are they supposed to be in when they do the footwork sequence? To me, this SD is the opposite of their FD, where I can see a meaning behind every single movement.

The way I interpret it, he's a young man trying to conquer a girl who's not sure if she wants to be conquered; she keeps getting close to him, then running away from him. I don't feel that every single move needs to express a specific moment of the story, like in "Carmen". It's more about setting a mood, and they'll probably do it better next time, since here they were a little off from the start. Their 2011 SD was also more about the atmosphere than the story and it worked wonderfully.

I've watched it again just now and the step sequence is beautifully constructed and builds towards the end, following the music. I hope they've figured out why they only got a level 2 for it.
And, like Golightly, I think the polka is really well chosen. It's like the violins decided to change the tempo, but we stay inside the same ballroom. It doesn't feel out of place to me at all.

aka_gerbil
11-03-2012, 03:43 PM
I would hate to even think that but with V&M and the way things have gone this quadrennial it sadly wouldn't surprise me at all. That would further explain why Tessa and Scott were so off last weekend; I'd use the word tentative. Maybe his neck was still sore. If thats so, I hope it's not something that follows V&M all season long.

I am glad that apparently the lift that caused the problem is being changed.

It would be their (bad) luck for an injury to pop up. I'm thinking they could have easily lost a week of training time with that injury, which like Scott's neck possibly still being sore, might explain some of the tentativeness/being so careful. That said, in the SD I think part of it had to have come from the accidental clocking.

As for the FD (which has ruined every other FD for me this year because everything else just pales in comparison), in one of the articles that came out regarding SC, Tessa mentioned having pretty much thrown out every move they'd done for the past 15 years and come up with all new ones. It's going to take awhile to really get all of those new moves down perfectly. It'll come though. :)

I do find W&P's SD to be quite lackluster and with the FD I actually like certain moments or elements in it but IMO the overall package didn't quite win me over. It's a bit of a let down from last season.

I also feel let down with W/P after last season. I tend to agree with your assessment. The SD just does nothing for me. The FD does have an occassional nice highlight, but those few highlights are not enough to carry that whole program. It overall just ends up so flat.

I have no problems with the polka section either. Like you said, if they do this like they did it in practice, it'll be fantastic.

First of all we need to see this SD when they will skate it clean and when they will show more speed and power. When this will happened - i dont know. But they will have all season to do this. Hope they will stay healthy.

That's really what it boils down to; we need to see this SD when it's clean, with more speed and power. They will get their eventually. I think all of us are forgetting how V/M approach growing their programs. They'll get it all straightened out. Remember how much we agonized over the SD last year? They nailed it come worlds. We just need to be patient with them.

pani
11-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Remember how much we agonized over the SD last year? They nailed it come worlds. We just need to be patient with them.

Yes, i agree with this. And i dont worry at all, because they have best FD from all other teams - for a mile better. And i am happy to say this again :D
Hope i will see good skating from them during next week-end ;)
And hope we will not wait untill WCh to see clean SD. :D I hope they will made this at Nationals ;)
At that photos from fanforum i notice at one picture, like all Igor team try to watch T-S FD (C-L, his wife Lenda and Igor), when Scotts mom or aunt try to say them go away :lol:I am noy sure, but look like she try to talk with them durin T-S opening ;)

aka_gerbil
11-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Yes, i agree with this. And i dont worry at all, because they have best FD from all other teams - for a mile better. And i am happy to say this again :D

Their FD is just something else entirely. I was very serious when I said that it's pretty much ruined every other FD out there this year for me. This FD isn't just the best of the year or decade or the best one under IJS. This has the potential to be one of the all-time great FD's, and that's so exciting and I'm so happy that they have this program.

Hope i will see good skating from them during next week-end ;)

I hope so too! I hope you enjoy getting to see them as well.

And hope we will not wait untill WCh to see clean SD. :D I hope they will made this at Nationals ;)

You and me both. Honestly, I don't think it's going to take much at all to get this SD on track.

At that photos from fanforum i notice at one picture, like all Igor team try to watch T-S FD (C-L, his wife Lenda and Igor), when Scotts mom or aunt try to say them go away :lol:I am noy sure, but look like she try to talk with them durin T-S opening ;)

Ohhh. Drama!

They really didn't need to be out there watching though; V/M didn't need that to add to the pressure.

IoanaC
11-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Their FD is just something else entirely. I was very serious when I said that it's pretty much ruined every other FD out there this year for me. This FD isn't just the best of the year or decade or the best one under IJS. This has the potential to be one of the all-time great FD's, and that's so exciting and I'm so happy that they have this program.

YES.:)

Ohhh. Drama!

They really didn't need to be out there watching though; V/M didn't need that to add to the pressure.

I've only just noticed that they stood there the entire time. Must have been difficult for T&S. On the other hand, they need to get used to huge amounts of pressure, as they'll have a whole arena screaming their heads off in London.

pani
11-03-2012, 04:29 PM
On the other hand, they need to get used to huge amounts of pressure, as they'll have a whole arena screaming their heads off in London.

Yes, they alwayse skated under big pressure and need to skate now under Igors "hawk eye" ;)
But i could understand Scotts mom (or aunt) - cant even imaging what level of pressure she feel now. Especially when Igor gave "Carmen" to his new team.

martyross
11-03-2012, 06:36 PM
I hope Meyers from fanforum doesn't mind if i link here this magnificent photo:

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/Orelse/SC2012/IMG_2216.jpg

goodness! that's a different Tessa indeed!

I actually think the first outing at SC was hard for them even for this "rivalry" with Shpilband's pupils. They're perfectionist and very concerned about the competition, and any skater is nervous when first presents a new program. they had to endure extra pressure, it mustn't have been an easy time for sure, though I'm sure Zoueva supported on this too.

pani
11-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Meyers said T=S spend a lot of time in K&C when coaches left them along.
Now i am thinking - why they didnt made interviewwith V-M in K&C after FD at SC?

Shayii
11-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Jess, thanks for the translation offer and Walei thank you for the translation! I'm just always curious to know what the different commentators are saying.

Shayii
11-03-2012, 06:57 PM

Oh my god I didn't even notice! WTF, that is so funny to me! I'm sure that was the last thing on Tessa and Scott's mind, but it is very awkward to see (for me anyways). And what's funny is after they tell them to leave the kiss n cry they all just decided to stand to side and watch lol.

pani
11-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Oh my god I didn't even notice! WTF, that is so funny to me! I'm sure that was the last thing on Tessa and Scott's mind, but it is very awkward to see (for me anyways). And what's funny is after they tell them to leave the kiss n cry they all just decided to stand to side and watch lol.

The funny thing they could watch it on monitors and they saw this FD at practice : (i noticed Gorshkov during T-S practice was watching there SD and FD :)