PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #21 - Carry On as the Waltz Goes On

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
11-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Johnny Johns is in Scott's Movember Team and his motivation is...

"I am motivated by my el capitan - senior carmen!!!"
:lol:

I like P/B's SD as well. Got 5 key-points out of 6 for the Yankee Polka (and W/P too). Good job, Krylova.

:lol:
What did donation summary to me mean? :D
And yes, good job from Krylova! But this tech pannel look more supportive to the sakters ;)

aka_gerbil
11-02-2012, 12:04 PM
I haven't seen anything up and just got up to check the scores. I'm happy for P/B that it sounds like things went well.

You folks have no idea how badly I want V/M and P/B to go 1 and 2, respectively, at worlds this season.

pani
11-02-2012, 12:13 PM
I haven't seen anything up and just got up to check the scores. I'm happy for P/B that it sounds like things went well.

You folks have no idea how badly I want V/M and P/B to go 1 and 2, respectively, at worlds this season.

:D

Twilight1
11-02-2012, 12:26 PM
I would love to see V&M, P&B and W&P win medals at World's based on what I have seen this season so far. I really don't like D&W's free dance but do love their SD. I am really looking forward to seeing these programs live. Is it March yet?

martyross
11-02-2012, 01:20 PM
I would love to see V&M, P&B and W&P win medals at World's based on what I have seen this season so far.
me too. i'm pleased that these teams are doing something much more modern this season. ice dance really needed an update (i.e., taking notice that we're in 2012 and not 1880). this discipline is getting so interesting this year, with fresh ideas and artistic depth. i hope it is a prelude to even greater things and not just an experimental moment before going back to usual stuff that doesn't offend judges' tastes.
Sochi could be an amazing event if the teams keep pushing forward and don't play safe.
about P/B, it takes guts to stay in the game after last year's coronation. they seem absolutely determined to not let the younger teams pass them. i would be sorry if W/P couldn't get the bronze though.

P.s., i like your signature, Twilight :)

Cherub721
11-02-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm a little bit worried about P&B though. The gap between them and D&W was almost the same as between D&W and V&M. With killer material this year and the possibility that Igor's absence could effect Marina's teams' levels, they had a real chance at a breakthrough, but IMO their FD is just not strong enough, it's exhibition style. Their medal was so hard fought after so many years and I don't want them to get dumped like Chait/Sakhnovsky or Faiella/Scali. I'm more worried about them being passed by the teams ranked 4th to 7th than I am about them passing the top 2. Their dance just does not look like it could compare with Carmen, which is a shame because they are very capable of doing a great dance like that (not with as many transitions but they could be equally as expressive) and they have also worked with modern dance choreographers in the past.

Maybe I'm just being fatalistic - I should wait until the FD is skated internationally. :lol: The SD was great.

martyross
11-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Sd best scores (at the GP) so far.

71.39 Davise White
69.15 Pechalat Bourzat
65.79 Weaver Poje
65.09 Virtue Moir (fluke!!)
65.08 Cappellini Lanotte
64.32 Bobrova Soloviev

yep i know, different panels etc. etc.

pani
11-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Sd best scores (at the GP) so far.

71.39 Davise White
69.15 Pechalat Bourzat
65.79 Weaver Poje
65.09 Virtue Moir (fluke!!)
65.08 Cappellini Lanotte
64.32 Bobrova Soloviev

yep i know, different panels etc. etc.

D-W ahaed of all others.
P-B had not such high PCS, like D-W, but show good levels.
And all other is very close.

You need to notice I-K SD score was 70 points

aka_gerbil
11-02-2012, 03:10 PM
I'm a little bit worried about P&B though. The gap between them and D&W was almost the same as between D&W and V&M. With killer material this year and the possibility that Igor's absence could effect Marina's teams' levels, they had a real chance at a breakthrough, but IMO their FD is just not strong enough, it's exhibition style. Their medal was so hard fought after so many years and I don't want them to get dumped like Chait/Sakhnovsky or Faiella/Scali. I'm more worried about them being passed by the teams ranked 4th to 7th than I am about them passing the top 2. Their dance just does not look like it could compare with Carmen, which is a shame because they are very capable of doing a great dance like that (not with as many transitions but they could be equally as expressive) and they have also worked with modern dance choreographers in the past.

Maybe I'm just being fatalistic - I should wait until the FD is skated internationally. :lol: The SD was great.

I think that FD is going to surprise you in the long run. First, just don't compare it to Carmen. You can't. The problem I've had with every other FD since seeing V/M's Carmen last weekend is that everything else just pales in comparison. Now, just think about P/B's dance in terms of what everyone else is doing besides V/M. P/B have worked hard this summer and are skating really well for this point in the season--far better than 4-7 for sure, and IMO, their skating skills easily trump D/W's as well (skating skills does not mean skating speed). Their FD is not the tour de force that V/M's is, but it is difficult in it's own right. It's got good bones, and like V/M, P/B grow their programs over the season. Just have a little faith in them and this FD.

Another thing to keep in mind--the camera angles weren't great for French Masters. There was a video from a practice run-through they did there that had a lot better view. I think we'll have a better sense of it with better camera work... So, judging by the camera work from the SD, we'll hopefully get the best look at it in France in a couple of weeks. ;)

You need to notice I-K SD score was 70 points

But that score wasn't at a GP though. ;) I saw that SD and I'm just hard-pressed to believe they'll score that high on the GP.

martyross
11-02-2012, 03:35 PM
but, with a shower of 8 and 9, they can go far. :hat1: mark my words. :hat1:

Cherub721
11-02-2012, 03:39 PM
I think that FD is going to surprise you in the long run. First, just don't compare it to Carmen. You can't. The problem I've had with every other FD since seeing V/M's Carmen last weekend is that everything else just pales in comparison.

Oh I know, I just meant that if anyone else could do something special, it would be P&B (or I&K if they did something like Schindler's List but that will never happen with Morozov).... I'm not even saying similar to Carmen, but something avant garde and special in its own way, like their Four Seasons.

I hope you are right about how the FD grows. :) Looking forward to watching tomorrow! And ITA with you about I&K. I will be over the moon just for them to beat the Shibs. I certainly don't expect them to score at a GP as highly as they did in a B (if that) competition.

martyross
11-02-2012, 03:43 PM
i can't believe there are only 7 days until we see them again...that makes 168 hours, 10080 minutes, 604800 seconds! (i hope the latter will be their SD score!)

aka_gerbil
11-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Oh I know, I just meant that if anyone else could do something special, it would be P&B (or I&K if they did something like Schindler's List but that will never happen with Morozov).... I'm not even saying similar to Carmen, but something avant garde and special in its own way, like their Four Seasons.

I hope you are right about how the FD grows. :) Looking forward to watching tomorrow! And ITA with you about I&K. I will be over the moon just for them to beat the Shibs. I certainly don't expect them to score at a GP as highly as they did in a B (if that) competition.

P/B definitely have the skills to do something in the vein of Carmen. That said, I think a piece like this is good at showing P/B's versatility.

nuge
11-02-2012, 05:05 PM
P/B definitely have the skills to do something in the vein of Carmen. That said, I think a piece like this is good at showing P/B's versatility.

Yes and it's probably the most uplifting happy FD .I love it just from masters videos .:) can't wait to see it properly .Audience will love it I'm sure .

iggie
11-03-2012, 01:00 AM
going to enjoy cup of russia, if for no other reason than by the time i feel like checking for scores/programs, they're done and uploaded. no waiting. i don't like sitting through competition. i sat through skate canada and was very nervous by the time v/m skated because i could see how complicated everything was, i could see other teams make mistakes, etc. i was fine at the beginning but by the end, i was just talking v/m through each element (now, do you twizzles and not stumble. need that lift, etc.)