PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #21 - Carry On as the Waltz Goes On

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Macassar88
11-01-2012, 11:56 AM
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/AyvHi6TeDX.u3.kPbRnT7Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD00NDg7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2012-10-27T022345Z_209980948_GM1E8AR0SUY01_RTRMADP_3_FIGUR E-SKATING.JPG
Why does Tessa have 2 of her fingers colored in red?
Its funny. I know some girls do it as a good luck charm.
Well it may be for Carmen - if you notice, she does it only on her ring fingers - maybe to symbolize the love that she can't give?

Golightly
11-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Well it may be for Carmen - if you notice, she does it only on her ring fingers - maybe to symbolize the love that she can't give?

Hasn't she done this before, though? I believe I noticed this last season.

pani
11-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Hasn't she done this before, though? I believe I noticed this last season.

I think its new fashion trend.

pani
11-01-2012, 05:59 PM
So, i find this is werid - no interesting backstage information from SC, gossips ect. Boring :D
As for CoR. Sprry, but fans couldnt watch practice at CoR, so i could see only competitions. If i will see something interesting - i will post in this thread. But its unlucky, sorry :(

Shayii
11-01-2012, 06:22 PM
So, i find this is werid - no interesting backstage information from SC, gossips ect. Boring :D
As for CoR. Sprry, but fans couldnt watch practice at CoR, so i could see only competitions. If i will see something interesting - i will post in this thread. But its unlucky, sorry :(

What kind of gossip were you hoping for? Lol. Who's allowed at the practices in CoR?
BTW I have a costume question, on Tessa's Carmen dress is there mesh where that deep-V is or is that her skin?

pani
11-01-2012, 06:27 PM
What kind of gossip were you hoping for? Lol. Who's allowed at the practices in CoR?

Off-ice photos, banquete photos, where skaters spend theer times ect :))))))))))))))) Like it was last season :)
At CoR only press allowed to watch practice

sap5
11-01-2012, 06:27 PM
BTW I have a costume question, on Tessa's Carmen dress is there mesh where that deep-V is or is that her skin?

There's illusion fabric in-between.

Shayii
11-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Off-ice photos, banquete photos, where skaters spend theer times ect :))))))))))))))) Like it was last season :)
At CoR only press allowed to watch practice
Actually I was hoping to see banquet pics too. And that sucks about the press only being allowed at practice.

There's illusion fabric in-between.
Thanks, it was hard for me to tell.

pani
11-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Actually I was hoping to see banquet pics too. And that sucks about the press only being allowed at practice.

Thanks, it was hard for me to tell.

And no fans photos from practice from SC :( I like off-ice practice photos and banquete photos :)

Yes, its not good they didnt let people to see practice in Russia :( The same problem was at 2011 WCh. But better this, then nothing.

vmsk8
11-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Tessa and Scott look so hot in that free dance. They melted the ice with those sizzling moves. Everything is so perfect about them. What is there not to love love love. I love their costumes this year.

martyross
11-02-2012, 01:15 AM
i'm not being very patient in waiting for Cup of R so i'm looking for comments on Carmen here and there. i absolutely enjoyed reading this post by os168 on GS and thought to bring here an excerpt. it contains some very important points!

"I have a complete different reading of
the story of Carmen from you. It was
never about romance or passion for
me, but about dangerous seduction,
manipulation of emotions, dark
obsession, sexual conquests, cold
jealousy, gender politics, unhealthy
relationships where one always strives
to domineer another but at the same
time at the mercy of the other
(succinctly summarized in the final
pose). It is the push and pull of lust,
obsession, doom and death, the
darker side of 'love'. Carmen has
always been a profoundly dark story
for me, but has been primed too
much in the past with the
romanticism and the fetish of the
period/ exotic scenery / political
background where it became more
about the glam, the props/the kit, the
ambiance of theater/performance
environment, where its core concepts
has been watered down following the
culture of commercialization of
Carmen. It is the equivalent of
performers putting on their own
Halloween costume playing 'trick or
treats' doing a superficial reading of
the story without getting into the
honesty, the truth of the material; the
heart, the blood, the guts of Carmen
in its bare essence, its
interdependence.
The main difference between C/L's
version is they are so focused on its
literal story telling, scene changes, it
missed out the big picture. Their
interpretation is skin deep and
conforms to a theatrical version of
Carmen the judges probably expect.
Tessa and Scott's version on the other
hand cut away the trimming, the fats
and got to the heart of the emotions,
exploit the fundamental concepts and
realized it in a new form of a dance. It
is not edgy for edgy's sake, but it with
purpose and meaning.
A master performer distinct itself by
the choice he/she makes. The
program picked the purity of emotion
and essence of Carmen and revitalized
into the 21st century. In doing so, they
made it uniquely their own. It is a
testament to their growth and journey
as a leader of this sport to able to take
risks pushing for this direction.
Hopefully they will be rewarded by the
judges at worlds. It challenges the
audience and the judge's perception
of the material, but I think in the long
run, this is a worthy effort that can
distinct themselves from the pack."

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?38500-Carmen-Overload&p=672549&viewfull=1#post672549#post672549#post672549

clarie
11-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Yes, that was a great post, and I agree with it wholeheartedly. They have invested a great deal of thought into every little detail mentioned in that post. There's a depth there that is profound in their program and it took me several views for it to register just how brilliant this program is in every way.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
11-02-2012, 04:53 AM
I am new to the forum. V/M's Carmen is so amazing :swoon:

Thanks for the welcome. Tessa and Scott look so hot in that free dance. They melted the ice with those sizzling moves. Everything is so perfect about them. What is there not to love love love. I love their costumes this year.

vmsk8, welcome and both of your posts are dead on. Content and costume wise I see nothing I would change about the Carmen FD. Once V&M have more time to compete with the program and become more comfortable with it so that every move is second nature just imagine what it will look like. We are already in love with this program even with the Skate Canada performance that still had some kinks in it. I can't even begin to imagine what it will look like as the season progresses.

I'm really, truly pumped for V&M. Just look at how different the discussions are this time around than they were last season. I don't want to get ahead of myself and in the end it's up to the judges and how they see things but I feel the excitement generated by Carmen and not just from us V&M fans.

As for Notre Dame - well presumably it will improve, but not a patch on Samson and Delilah which is for me the best FD D&W ever had - one of those programs I could watch over and over. Whereas V&M's Carmen is stunning, astonishing, surprising and an overall complete triumph! Can't wait to see it by the end of the season when all the kinks are worked out and it all flows smooth as butter, which I'm sure it will.

Despite some thinking that I hate D&W (I do not, I'm just one of those people who don't quite see what their most dedicated fans do) I was really looking forward to their new FD. alilou, I agree that Samson & Delilah is still D&W's best FD and when I read some initial statements that compared Notre Dame to Samson & Delilah I was actually encouraged. I felt that for the first time since the 08/09 season I was going to like one of D&W's FD's. It made it disappointing when I finally saw it. The music may be softer like the opening ballad from S&D but IMO (I'll probably draw fire for this) Notre Dame compares more to POTO than S&D.

V&M's Carmen seems so far to have shaken up the icedance world. I'm nervous yet can't wait to see how much better this dance will look at Cup of Russia. I realize that V&M won't have as much time between their two events as some of the other skaters but just having had an opportunity to skate it once in competition should make a world of difference. The same goes for the Waltz. Tessa and Scott now know what it feels like to skate their masterpiece in front of an audience and the judges; the nerves should mostly be gone.

ETA:
Catching up on some of the posts from previous pages. LOLOL I love the cow analogy. I love this thread.

I need to see I&K's programs in a normal competition setting because my first impressions weren't that great. I do think that it's possible that I was distracted by the music of both the SD and FD which I didn't like but I do think I&K's actual skating is strong and solid. That said, I'm not seeing I&K as being a threat to V&M as long as they are skating well. Actually even if they have a mistake or two (I'm not talking a repeat of the level of the SD performance last weekend) then they will/should stay ahead of I&K as they did C&L.

I think the Russian audience will love both of V&M's programs especially gorgeous Carmen.

pani
11-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Did you saw this?

http://ca.movember.com/mospace/3909585 :lol:
Must to say - i love P-B SD :D

IoanaC
11-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Did you saw this?

http://ca.movember.com/mospace/3909585 :lol:
Must to say - i love P-B SD :D

Johnny Johns is in Scott's Movember Team and his motivation is...

"I am motivated by my el capitan - senior carmen!!!"
:lol:

I like P/B's SD as well. Got 5 key-points out of 6 for the Yankee Polka (and W/P too). Good job, Krylova.