PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #21 - Carry On as the Waltz Goes On

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
10-31-2012, 05:16 PM
Hey pani, how the russian fans have liked tessa and scott's programs this year? Just wondering if you know :)

I think you could find most part of russian fans on FSU :D
Someone love this FD, someone hate. No person who said - its boring FD from V-M :rofl:

elle123
10-31-2012, 05:42 PM
Wow, I've been MIA for awhile and glad to see you guys loving Carmen as much as I did :) I love their interpretation of it and I especially liked how they decided to do a more modern version. I officially love Jennifer Swan, I was such a big fan of Pink Floyd and was sad that we only got to see that FD a few times. With Igor out of the picture, hopefully they'll work with her more :)

Macassar88
10-31-2012, 05:43 PM
And I-K got more then 100 points for FD with fall from Nikita. Amazing :lol:

OGM favorites :rofl:
They're totally going to go undefeated from now until Sochi (in romania)

elle123
10-31-2012, 05:47 PM
I was just visiting that tumblr site that someone mentioned and came across this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=s27hiIey2H0). Sorry if it has already been posted but it's so cute! "3 for 2!!"

Subway
10-31-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm SO thrilled to see this FD from V/M, and even happier to see Tessa in particular is finally, finally, FINALLY starting to move like an ice dancer, telling a story with the tension in her back, the placement of her arms, her neck etc, rather than just moving elegantly and pleasantly in a generic way. There's real life and blood in the dance.
But they really left their best performance on the practice ice. The parts that they did in the run through seemed so much more effective than in their actual competition FD. Maybe the costume had something to do with it in addition to Tessa being sick. I also think the lyrical section in the middle can use some more actual choreography. Hopefully in their outing they'll skate this FD on the level that we saw in their run-through at Skate Canada.

Tessa has always ALWAYS, moved like an ice dancer.

Emdee
10-31-2012, 06:38 PM
OGM favorites :rofl:
They're totally going to go undefeated from now until Sochi (in romania)

I killed myself laughing at your small print! It was sparkling and shining up at me and I had to go closer to the screen and squint to see it.

aka_gerbil
10-31-2012, 06:41 PM
I know we V/M fans collectively have panic down to an art form, but I'm just hard-pressed to believe that once you put V/M's and I/K's FD's up side-by-side at CoR that I/K's would come out ahead. I've seen both programs, and I/K's is just going to pale in comparison to V/M's.

I have a little analogy. My dad is a dairy farmer, and my sibling and I grew up showing cows in 4-H (and my dad still shows at fairs, etc.) We did everything from obscure, tiny county fairs to the biggest national show for our breed (NAILE in Louisville, KY rather than the World Dairy Expo in Madison). It's a lot easier to win the county fair than it is to win the state fair or similarly-sized, regional sort of shows. It's a lot easier ot win the state fair than one of the big national shows. We won too many county fairs over the year to even start to remember them all. We won our state fair one time in all of those years. We won another bigger regional show 3 times in a row. We've yet to have a class winner (the closest we've ever got in the junior show was 2nd; 3rd is our highest-ever placement in the open-adults-included show) at the national show, much less win the thing.

This competetion in Romania was I/K at the county fair.

pani
10-31-2012, 06:52 PM
I've seen both programs, and I/K's is just going to pale in comparison to V/M's.

Did you thought before SC C-L could be compared with V-M? But with all this PR we saw, what happened.
I-K are better skaters, then c-L and they have good nationality ;)

Cherub721
10-31-2012, 06:58 PM
Did you thought before SC C-L could be compared with V-M? But with all this PR we saw, what happened.

I thought all Italian skaters were held up because of Cinquanta? :confused: ;)

aka_gerbil
10-31-2012, 07:00 PM

The SD was a fluke for V/M and a very good skate for C/L. V/M aren't likely to make those mistakes again. As for the FD's, of course people were going to try to make the comparison because it's Marina vs. Igor. A not perfect V/M still outscored C/L, who had a good skate, by 10 points in the FD.

Don't worry so much, ok? You just get a lot of other people and yourself unecessariy spooked and worked up. Have faith in V/M, ok? It's going to be a very long and not-so-fun season if we're doing this every single day of every single week with the panic when there's no cause there.

pani
10-31-2012, 07:02 PM

No. Just people tired from V-M on the top so many years. And all FS federation try to ush there teams on the top.
Its OK ;)

aka_gerbil
10-31-2012, 07:02 PM

So I've been told... ;) :sekret:

elle123
10-31-2012, 07:05 PM
The SD was a fluke for V/M and a very good skate for C/L. V/M aren't likely to make those mistakes again. As for the FD's, of course people were going to try to make the comparison because it's Marina vs. Igor. A not perfect V/M still outscored C/L, who had a good skate, by 10 points in the FD.

Don't worry so much, ok? You just get a lot of other people and yourself unecessariy spooked and worked up. Have faith in V/M, ok? It's going to be a very long and not-so-fun season if we're doing this every single day of every single week with the panic when there's no cause there.

I agree! My take on it is that if you go out and nail it on your first attempt, your program isn't challenging enough. I love how much Scott and Tessa challenge themselves and try to push their sport to another level - it makes the sport much more exciting, and whether you are a fan or not, that's not something you can take away from them.

martyross
10-31-2012, 07:29 PM
sorry for my poor English, aka gerbil.. were you talking about beauty pageant for cows, by chance?

pingu
10-31-2012, 07:31 PM

:lol: Absolutely not. They don't belong to a strong country, that's what matters in figure skating.