PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #21 - Carry On as the Waltz Goes On

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Golightly
10-31-2012, 12:03 PM
I hadn't read that article, but I'm glad I did now. Tessa's description of Carmen is spot on. She truly gets her.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

sap5
10-31-2012, 01:24 PM
I love Vaitsekhovskaya's article (and the timing is great, as they need some Russian support this season), except for there not being any mention of Jennifer Swan and Marina being given full credit, when her real input was probably only about 20%.

How did you come up with that percentage?

sap5
10-31-2012, 01:27 PM
My own reading of the program's second half is anger and battle between the two forces, more than madness. But there was a quote somewhere from Scott that I've yet to source where he suggests that Don Jose, at least, does go rather mad by the end.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/opinion/2012/10/virtue-moir-debut-dazzling-carmen-at-skate-canada.html

I used to like PJ's writing, but stuff like this makes me roll my eyes:

The happy by-product is that this program is so good that we now won't be able to think about Carmen without imagining Virtue and Moir. I'm hoping this music will be ruined for anybody else's use in skating like Bolero, Love Story and Casablanca have been. Talk about killing two birds with one stone!

Carmen will never be ruined for anyone else, because the music, like Carmen herself, will always be free. ;) There's a reason it is the ultimate warhorse.

IoanaC
10-31-2012, 01:39 PM
How did you come up with that percentage?

I was only being ironic, it's not like you can calculate something like that. My point was that the whole look of the program is very different from anything Marina has ever done and I think everyone feels that Jennifer Swan was responsible for most of the choreography. She should get the credit she deserves and I'm glad Tessa and Scott mention her every chance they have.

pani
10-31-2012, 03:02 PM
IMHO, V-M did this dance not at OG because:
1. They couldnt know, what judges will thinking about this "a lot off sex in program" :D
2. Maybe for them to win at home WCh (in there home town) even more important, then to win one more gold medal.
3. Two teams won OG with Carmen, so its not good to be third in a row.

And I-K got more then 100 points for FD with fall from Nikita. Amazing :lol:

VarBar
10-31-2012, 03:47 PM
1. They couldnt know, what judges will thinking about this "a lot off sex in program" :D
2. Maybe for them to win at home WCh (in there home town) even more important, then to win one more gold medal.

:respec: Good points, Pani.

And I-K got more then 100 points for FD with fall from Nikita. Amazing.

That score would probably translate as 104+ points without the fall, right?;) Fantastic progress.:kickass:

pani
10-31-2012, 04:01 PM
That score would probably translate as 104+ points without the fall, right?;) Fantastic progress.:kickass:

For sure ;) Now i am not sure i wish to to at CoR :lol: Even not talking about GPF and OG :D

Something about Fashion
http://nickverrreos.blogspot.com/2012/10/figureskating-costume-minute-2012-skate.html#.UJAnzMKFMXM.twitter

Cherub721
10-31-2012, 04:41 PM

I don't agree with your #2. ;) As for #3 only N&K won Olys with Carmen, but B&B and K&O won Worlds with it. I definitely think this was part of it, especially since N&K's win was so recent. I mostly think it's #1, not just the sex, but the dark aspect of it. In the interviews Tessa was very very insistent on always explaining that it was modern, contemporary, dark, sexual, etc. Ice dancing has been VERY vanilla lately and this type of dance is especially shocking coming from North Americans. I don't think an NA team has ever done anything like this, not even D&L. This dance was a risk, and it could've been panned hardcore. Better to take the risk now so there's time to adapt the dance as necessary (luckily, it turns out its well-received), and they can feel free to take liberties in the Olympic year because they haven't scandalized the judges.

And I-K got more then 100 points for FD with fall from Nikita. Amazing :lol:

Lol, great they'll never leave Morozov now! Are you getting the info from Russian forums? I don't see anything in the Kiss & Cry of From Russia with Love. I'd love to hear more impressions of how they skated and what their programs are like.

I'm sure their marks will be more reasonable at CoR. I just hope they can hang on to make their first GPF. It's in Sochi so there's a chance a Russian team can get bronze, and I'd much rather it be them than B&S. I&K are my faves after V&M so it would be great if they can share a podium at CoR and hopefully bigger events down the road... ;) I'm not worried about them as a threat at all - V&M will work harder after Skate Canada and I&K are more the types to rest on their laurels after a great score...

sap5
10-31-2012, 04:45 PM
The more I see it, the more I like the mesh on Scott's FD shirt. Love how it matches the mesh on her costume.

pani
10-31-2012, 04:46 PM
Lol, great they'll never leave Morozov now! Are you getting the info from Russian forums?

Yes, This is Morozov interview on russian.

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/5892.html

Very bad video quality. I-K SD start from 29 m
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmcmT22FlDA&feature=plcp

martyross
10-31-2012, 04:53 PM
just wanted to post this pic for all those who love Carmen spin..

http://i.thestar.com/images/40/3b/63c1697a4db1b95bd382f89d97b5.jpg

i love that she sticks out her arms with the music. it's a touching passage, and a touching move!
her smile is so beautiful too.

I'm sure their marks will be more reasonable at CoR.

hhmm. the words "reasonable" and "CoR" don't go along very well :D

pani
10-31-2012, 04:56 PM
hhmm. the words "reasonable" and "CoR" don't go along very well :D

:rofl: Thats why i am afraid to go at CoR.

Emdee
10-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Pani - it may be your last chance to see them in person so I think you should go if at all possible.

Just enjoy their performance and dont worry about the marks.

marikat
10-31-2012, 05:09 PM
Hey pani, how the russian fans have liked tessa and scott's programs this year? Just wondering if you know :)

pani
10-31-2012, 05:15 PM
Pani - it may be your last chance to see them in person so I think you should go if at all possible.

Just enjoy their performance and dont worry about the marks.

Yes, maybe last chance to see them "live" so i will enjoy CoR and hope they will too.