PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #21 - Carry On as the Waltz Goes On

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

shsocu
10-30-2012, 05:42 PM
Short lifts are 6 seconds long are 12.

pani
10-30-2012, 05:48 PM
It is a shame though I think mostly for C and L. It is a great FD choice for them. But I feel they will be lost in the battle.

Disagree now. If C-L will have another FD i dont think people will talk about them so much and they never will be compared with V-M :D
But with the same FD music they get much more attention ;)
But I-K really much stronger skaters then C-L, so in this case i am not wonder they will have big score at CoR and GPF.

bmcg
10-30-2012, 05:50 PM
I just timed the lift in V and M's program and from the lift off the ice to her foot down it is seven seconds. I can't remember the rule for the lift. Thought it was 8 seconds. But it could be six. As far as Igor's comments, I had no problem with the lift deduction comment as if he was right they should have been penalized. But so what they would have won by one less point. I however didn't like the" they aren't in shape" I just think it was a bit unfair and bad sportsmanship. His team made mistakes in their FD. We're they also not in shape or ready? Look it is the first competition of the season, I would have preferred a comment like that then one in which he makes a thinly veiled jab at their training. As far as the Carmen thing. He clearly knew they were thinking of using the music at least for the SD. You won't convince me that he didn't know it was a possibility. And the FD of C and L was changed sometime after June. There were rumours here for a while that V and M were using Carmen. There would have been talk amongst the rinks for sure. It is a shame though I think mostly for C and L. It is a great FD choice for them. But I feel they will be lost in the battle.

Short lifts 6 seconds, long 12 seconds. I'd go by what the timer said on the screen the tech panel uses, not youtube.

chantilly
10-30-2012, 06:13 PM
I timed it on my taped version of the dance, not you tube. But yeah not sure if there timing is different. Plus I am assuming the lift starts when the feet leave the ice and when they touch down. Is that correct.

Also don't agree with you Pani. C and L turned heads last year with their FD. I don't think that them being compard with V and M and the same use of music has little to do with them being noticed. They have steadily improved over the last two years. And could battle for a bronze with three or four other teams.

chantilly
10-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Also C and L's was six seconds. So it does look unofficially of course that V and M should,have received a lift deduction. But I still,thinkmitmis a moot point. They would have won anyway. And being behind could have propelled them to skate even better than they did in the FD.

clarie
10-30-2012, 07:57 PM
I agree aka_gerbil that we should not expect end of season scores in October. However I do think their SD score was a freak accident and definitely fixable. I love Marina's comment that Tessa and Scott are Olympic and multiple times World Champs, they need to set new standards and if that means skating to a high risk program it will be worth it.

I love Carmen so much I just practiced the first part of their curve lift with my beagle :lol: Not going to try the rotational lift though...
Was he wearing black fishnets :).

pani
10-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Guys, i think you know Elena Vaitcehovskay - well know russian sport journalist. Her thought about T-S "Carmen"

After second day i am thinking about Tessa and Scott "Carmen" i made a decision to mad earticle about it. At the same time C-L Carmen from italians with red dress and spanish steps left me cold.
T-S Carmen didnt touch me from the first time - i thought all time the moves didn play with this music at all. Then i watch it again and again. And again and understood - its killing
She will post article tomorrow.

aka_gerbil
10-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Guys, i think you know Elena Vaitcehovskay - well know russian sport journalist. Her thought about T-S "Carmen"

She will post article tomorrow.

I'm sure I don't have to ask, but please translate for us once she does. It sounds like it took her a few tries, but then the program clicked with her.

I've been thinking a lot about this program today.

I've seen a few comments out scattered out over the internet from people who seem to fail to grasp that V/M never set out to do the straight-up, done-a-million-times before, theatrical interpretation of Carmen. Since the time they confirmed the music at HPC, they've stressed that this their own, modern take. This program isn't about about giving a literal telling of the story. V/M's Carmen is far more cerebral and abstract, dealing with the emotions, feelings, and themes that drive the story. This routine requires you to dig a little deeper to really get it. It's not a program that everyone is going to get the first time they see it, and some people may never get it if they don't let go of the mindset that to do Carmen, you merely portray only the physical events of the story.

nuge
10-30-2012, 08:53 PM
I. Also P&B may be downgraded come worlds to make room at the top.

)

Why should P/B be downgraded ? They haven't even skated in the GP yet :rolleyes:

pani
10-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Why should P/B be downgraded ? They haven't even skated in the GP yet :rolleyes:

Hope they will be OK, but with this I-K score....
Will see how P-B will skate in Chiba and what arks they will get.

Golightly
10-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Exactly. You see sexual Carmen, then you see her tortured and mad, then in love, then dismissive and victorious. This has layers. If you watch this with other Carmens in mind, you will not be able to appreciate it. K/O's Carmen is unique to them and no one could possibly repeat it. Even today, that program has so many haters, but we're still talking about it. This Carmen, I have no doubt, will be the same.

pani
10-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Exactly. You see sexual Carmen, then you her see her tortured and mad, then in love, then dismissive and victorious. This has layers. If you watch this with other Carmens in mind, you will not be able to appreciate it. K/O's Carmen is unique to them and no one could possibly repeat it. Even today, that program has so many haters, but we're still talking about it. This Carmen, I have no doubt, will be the same.

Se said the same - at first she couldnt understand, because classical Carmen interpretation was in her mind.

aka_gerbil
10-30-2012, 09:00 PM

My thoughts exactly. By all reports, P/B have been working their behinds off and mean business.

I think there's much ado about nothing at I/K's SD score. Let's see them do it on the GP rather than a smaller competetion. The high-ranked teams always tend to score crazy scores at these things because they look that much better compared to other teams who really aren't on that level or anywhere near it.

Golightly
10-30-2012, 09:11 PM
I don't like P/B's free. It left me cold, I don't know :(

pani
10-30-2012, 09:14 PM
I don't like P/B's free. It left me cold, I don't know :(

They show some new elementsm when some other teams didnt. So will see, what this season bring to them.