PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #21 - Carry On as the Waltz Goes On

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Cherub721
10-28-2012, 04:23 AM
I'm getting tongue tied trying to put into words how much I love this FD. The best FD V&M have ever done; everything they have done in the past has led them to this.

This is a great compliment considering what you chose as a user name! :D

Both Carmens are as different as night and day both in the way each team chose to present it and in the level of difficulty.

Certainly V&M's is the "night." ;)

Golightly
10-28-2012, 04:39 AM
I also liked how Marina said that everything is legal for Carmen. It's true! She's bold and doesn't care. She just wants to have her way with Don Josť and then leave, find someone else to lust after.

Shayii
10-28-2012, 05:24 AM
Really I was mesmerized by this dance, it's just amazing for me. And I don't know what some are talking about, I love love Scott's outfit with the see-through parts. At first I didn't know what to think of Tessa's outfit, but after seeing pics of it I think it's a beautiful dress with lots of details. But still I want her to change it. I would like to get you guys opinion on it, but I feel that a more overall simple and minimal look would be better; a more simple skirt (no layers), I think short sleeves would work better too, also don't like the hair in a ponytail (she can't wear it down obviously, but maybe half up), and finally minimal makeup with maybe cherry red lips (I stole your idea Jess).

I saw the practice video too and since that was practice it looked like they went for it more; after comparing the two, it looked like they were nervous or/and cautious, but the fact that it still wowed me is a testament of this program. So excited to see it for the rest of the season!

I'm sorry to hear that Tessa was sick and had to miss some of the medal ceremony (does anybody have a video of that BTW?). It looked like she got upset cuz she messed up and she's said before that she throws up when she gets too upset/nervous--hope she feels better.

Manaud
10-28-2012, 05:35 AM
I saw this. Did anyone said what happened?
I like costumes, i love Scott in black. I only worry about Tessa. And cant understand, why they look so unhappy

She did get sick. Rushed off the podium as soon as she got up there. Scott followed her briefly before coming back up to accept both of their medals. She was back by the time Liz Manley was brought out to hand the ladies their flowers

Shayii
10-28-2012, 05:41 AM
She did get sick. Rushed off the podium as soon as she got up there. Scott followed her briefly before coming back up to accept both of their medals. She was back by the time Liz Manley was brought out to hand the ladies their flowers

Is there a video?

Manaud
10-28-2012, 05:56 AM
The best part of the battle was the total class exhibited by Anna and Luca. Love them so much. It couldn't have been easy on them to learn that V/M were also doing Carmen.

Anna was adorable up in the audience during the men's programs. She was cheering loudly and encouraging everyone.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
10-28-2012, 06:18 AM
This is a great compliment considering what you chose as a user name! :D

No big surprise that K&O's Carmen has been my favorite icedance use of the music and after today V&M's is right up there with them.

Really I was mesmerized by this dance, it's just amazing for me. And I don't know what some are talking about, I love love Scott's outfit with the see-through parts. At first I didn't know what to think of Tessa's outfit, but after seeing pics of it I think it's a beautiful dress with lots of details. But still I want her to change it. I would like to get you guys opinion on it, but I feel that a more overall simple and minimal look would be better; a more simple skirt (no layers), I think short sleeves would work better too, also don't like the hair in a ponytail (she can't wear it down obviously, but maybe half up), and finally minimal makeup with maybe cherry red lips (I stole your idea Jess).

Frankly, I wouldn't change a thing about the costumes. I love that there is detail on them. I love the skirt on Tessa's dress and really don't mind the mesh on Scott's. Sometimes it's hard to see on some video but where is does Scott's costume have mesh other than at the neck line? I didn't think Tessa's makeup was that harsh; it went along with the feel of the program and the way V&M chose to interpret Carmen. Maybe I'll take a look at the close-up podium picture again.

Sometimes we see teams who get it right from the get go; program content and costumes. This is one of those times. I can see this being one of those instances where Tessa and Scott can keep these costumes for the entire season. Well unless, they get negative feedback on them which I can't see why they would.

ETA:
I don't know why I keep forgetting to mention Tessa's tights. I like the use of the black fishnet! tights along with the white boots. I hope she keeps those as well. Really I thought in respect to their costumes everything looked perfect. The way Tessa and Scott were dressed really fit the interpretation of the music they gave. Quite a change from a few years ago during the 09/10 season when Tessa was wearing somewhat conservative and demure dresses with really long skirts.

ryanj07
10-28-2012, 06:30 AM
I just watched their Carmen again and I'm just blown away. I always love VM's programs but this one is different... absolutely amazing. I keep watching the final lift over and over again, it's so stunning.

I feel like I'm re-discovering my favorite dance team all over again! :swoon:

jl22aries
10-28-2012, 08:48 AM
So I'm watching the free dance in rapt silence and then that lift near the end happens and I say, out loud, involuntarily, a string of expletives. I can't believe what I'm seeing in this dance. How are they HUMAN? What's going on?! It's AMAZING.

The movement happening in this dance. It's languid, clipped, precise, explosive, sensual, there aren't enough adjectives. How are they doing this? How are their bodies managing those positions?! Pushing pushing pushing. And I know this is a common theme in here but it cannot be stressed enough how lucky we are. Ugh all that work, so much beauty.

jl22aries
10-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Oh! I just watched the Brit Eurosport and heard their descriptors. Apparently we are agreed!

I absolutely love their costume choice. Though I haven't really paid much attention to Scott's. The choice of black is key. Red is wonderful, but black reinforces the darker tone and intensity of their interpretation. And I think that cut looks damn sexy on Tessa. I'm pro the dress. Obviously.

walei
10-28-2012, 09:08 AM
I am in the camp of loving Tessa's dress too. It's feminine with the low V cut but commanding at the same time with the leggings and the long sleeves. As a Carmen costume I think it is very fitting.

jl22aries
10-28-2012, 09:13 AM
I feel like I'm re-discovering my favorite dance team all over again! :swoon:

YES!!!

jl22aries
10-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Aaand I just watched the CTV version and Tracy has it bang on. I've not been this excited by a free dance before. This dance is EXCITING! Apologies for thread bombing. I'm just so happy right now.

nippy
10-28-2012, 09:46 AM
YES!!!

I agree.

pani
10-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Could someone translate, what italian commentators said, please? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wuZG3ZEMOo&feature=plcp