PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #21 - Carry On as the Waltz Goes On

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

walei
10-28-2012, 02:30 AM
The best part of the battle was the total class exhibited by Anna and Luca. Love them so much. It couldn't have been easy on them to learn that V/M were also doing Carmen.

Agreed and I never knew Anna was so well spoken. Scott was also pretty diplomatic regarding the music by saying that there are just so many music you can choose from so it's not uncommon to have couples skate to the same piece.

It's so funny to read the FD thread in the Kiss'n'Cry section. Most of the people who appreciated their technical abilities, but thought they were boring, suddenly changed their minds tonight. Never thought that would happen, to be honest!:D

I am happy to read the general public are enjoying this program except for the odd comments here and there. One hater actually said this is just another first love dance with more sexuality. :rolleyes:

Sahararainfall
10-28-2012, 02:31 AM
It's so funny to read the FD thread in the Kiss'n'Cry section. Most of the people who appreciated their technical abilities, but thought they were boring, suddenly changed their minds tonight. Never thought that would happen, to be honest!:D

You mean Silence of (some of) the haters did happen? :) I love the FD so much I don't really have the words for it. Anybody knows if Jennifer Swan was there in the audience? Scott mentioned in the after SD interview that their modern dance teacher was going to be there. I want a picture of her together with Marina, preferably autographed.

IoanaC
10-28-2012, 02:39 AM
You mean Silence of (some of) the haters did happen?.

Oh no, the haters are talking just fine. Who cares?

I was referring to the FSU ice dance fans who were never satisfied with T&S's programs and now, they finally are.

Sahararainfall
10-28-2012, 02:44 AM
Oh no, the haters are talking just fine. Who cares?

I was referring to the FSU ice dance fans who were never satisfied with T&S's programs and now, they finally are.

Definitely not me. :) Critics then, not haters. Some of the comments in YT that I find interesting is that it's Carmen, a classic and therefore shouldn't be interpreted with modern choreography. At least that was my read. Typical reaction to any modern artistic art/dance interpretation I guess.

manhn
10-28-2012, 02:46 AM
To alleviate the worry further, it should be noted that most of the teams we have seen these past 2 weeks made errors or made lower levels or had disappointing scores. The most prepared team may be the Russians B&S but I suspect they were not that pleased with their SD score. It's not just V&M.

iggie
10-28-2012, 02:55 AM
Even though Moir and Virtue in the process of obtaining new visas, which means they have to remain inside Canada for the time being, they're trying to stretch the sport beyond its borders.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/FigureSkating/2012/10/27/20312876.html

hmm . . . what?

Lissa
10-28-2012, 03:01 AM
I always get annoyed at the American commentators with V&M so I am a little apprehensive about listening to the Universal Sports coverage. Of course they will always think D&W are better, they will never say V&M have a better program.

sequins
10-28-2012, 03:06 AM
Even though Moir and Virtue in the process of obtaining new visas, which means they have to remain inside Canada for the time being, they're trying to stretch the sport beyond its borders.

hmm . . . what?

Off the point you are trying to make I know but:lol: at the articles mention of Scott's 'Happy Hallowe'en' text from his buddy.

sap5
10-28-2012, 03:10 AM

hmm . . . what?

The quote makes it sound like they need new visas to enter the U.S., although it would make more sense if they are getting new visas to enter Russia.

Off the point you are trying to make I know but:lol: at the articles mention of Scott's 'Happy Hallowe'en' text from his buddy.

I wonder if that means we won't be seeing that blue costume of his again.

Golightly
10-28-2012, 03:13 AM
Actually, she missed the last spin completely, I think that's why the step sequence dropped to level 2.
And I agree with you: I'm so grateful for this program that I'm not thinking about them winning Worlds right now. I know it's important, especially with it being in London, but I feel it matters less than the fact that they have a program for the ages.

Oops, my bad, I need to see it again :)

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said that the reaction has been positive. I have no access to the Kiss and Cry section, but from what I read from fans on Twitter, journalists, and commentators, they were quite impressed. Even with the mistakes.

One thing I liked was when Marina said that those mistakes are worth it, you need to take risks.

Sahararainfall
10-28-2012, 03:14 AM

Now we know why Scott usually sticks with his white shirt. It's not for the functionality. It's peer pressure. :lol:

“I felt great on the ice and during the program and I feel fine (now),” she said. “I don't know. Maybe I was caught not breathing enough.”

The pressure they must have felt. But they got their first comp behind them now. First step done.

“It's something to shoot for heading to London (and worlds) in March,” Moir said. “I don't worry about scores. We got too caught up in that last year at the Grand Prix final. This is the first time we did the program in its entirety and there were a couple of mistakes in there, but I thought it was a success.

What does he mean first time in its entirety? Like first time as a whole for the public? (Trying not to think negative thoughts)

iggie
10-28-2012, 03:19 AM
first time competing it. first time showing an audience the program in its entirety. we've seen just bits and pieces of it this week.

Sahararainfall
10-28-2012, 03:40 AM
Thanks! Thought the same but wanted to be sure.

Cherub721
10-28-2012, 04:12 AM
One thing I liked was when Marina said that those mistakes are worth it, you need to take risks.

Yeah. First time I have ever liked Marina in an interview.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
10-28-2012, 04:20 AM
Can I just say that Jennifer Swan is a genious? It's about time V&M finally received the FD (and SD) that they deserve (not that I'm saying the others were horrible). I keep watching this FD over and over again. As soon as they hit their ending pose I hit the button to go back to the beginning. I'm in love with everything about the new Carmen FD; it hits all the marks so to speak. It is one of the most technically difficult dances V&M have ever done but it has even more creativity than Farrucas which was more of a brilliant technical piece. With Carmen, V&M have the complete package. Even the costumes are gorgeous and fit the program perfectly. I hope they keep these costumes for the entire season. Even the mesh in Scott's doesn't bother me.

I'm getting tongue tied trying to put into words how much I love this FD. The best FD V&M have ever done; everything they have done in the past has led them to this.

Sorry for the fangirling but I'm just speechless. I really can't stop watching. V&M's Carmen is my favorite FD of the season.

There were some mistakes and compared to some of the best competitive performances V&M have done in the past I can see that their speed wasn't quite what they are capable of. I admit to being a little let down last night but after reading that Tessa is sick added with the nerves both she and Scott must have had debuting their new material, Friday night makes more sense. I would have liked to see the marks a little bit higher but I'm really hopeful for Cup of Russia. Now that V&M have Skate Canada out of the way and they have a feel for what it's like to do their programs in competition they should be more relaxed. Each time out should get better and better. ITA that I'm not even thinking of Worlds or winning Worlds at the moment.

So that really was a slip by Tessa between the side by side choreo into the diagonal footwark, I thought it was choreographed because of the way Tessa kicked out her leg. Tracy sounded like she was about to cry at the end. I still wish they would milk the ending more :lol:

No matter how many times I watched that moment, I couldn't tell whether Tessa had slipped or if what she did was choreographed that way. LOL Good cover.

Cue pregnancy rumors in 3. . . 2. . . 1. . . :P

:scream:

That means the baby Scott and Tessa already have can look forward to a little brother or sister? :lol:

I'm so happy (and relieved) for V&M and I'm happy for C&L but ITA that C&L under normal circumstances would not be as close to V&M as they were after the SD Friday. Both Carmens are as different as night and day both in the way each team chose to present it and in the level of difficulty. That said, both teams did a great job with the way they each chose to interpret Carmen. C&L's more tradition style works for them and V&M's is beyond magnificent. Just stunning.