PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #21 - Carry On as the Waltz Goes On

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
10-28-2012, 01:29 AM
tessa said that she was fine in the program. that's all that matters.

Thaks! Hope she is OK

DustPuppyOI
10-28-2012, 01:02 AM
Universal Sports video of FD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXwO1bwB4Fc

Golightly
10-28-2012, 01:07 AM
TSN's video, I think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BS-Npizu-gs

rvi5
10-28-2012, 01:13 AM
Thanks,

I had hoped to watch it on my 50" TV in HD.

Oh well, at least I'll get to see V/M FD live at the Canadian Championships in January. Front row seats, near mid-ice. It should be even more refined by then. :)

girlscouse62
10-28-2012, 01:28 AM
Thanks,

I had hoped to watch it on my 50" TV in HD.

Oh well, at least I'll get to see V/M FD live at the Canadian Championships in January. Front row seats, near mid-ice. It should be even more refined by then. :)
Can you not hook your Computer to your tv? That's how I watch mine

DFJ
10-28-2012, 01:32 AM
TSN's video, I think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BS-Npizu-gs

Well, Tracey's certainly over the moon.

sequins
10-28-2012, 01:49 AM
My thoughts are I love it. Was it a different feel than practice? Yes. Don't think there's any problem with it being too sexual. It was sexy don't get me wrong but I think as some one pointed out the costumes give it a different vibe. I love Scott's outfit, Tessa's is okay I can live with it but knowing them they'll change it. It had a very dark, dramatic feel and it was amazing and intense. They skated the first half really well. A couple mistakes by Tessa(and all 4 couples they showed had errors) but if you feel sick what do you expect no matter what she says it had an impact no doubt. They just don't wanna make excuses and Scott was awesome with her after the program, so supportive I love that:lol:. The last lift I love, Tracy went nuts for it. I love the ending and I hope they don't change it. I like C/L but these two Carmen programs were in different leagues IMO. C/L is your usual whatever, they need to do more with it. Anyways I'm excited to see where it all goes and how it progresses but I love it and the SD(BTW the polka is not added abruptly WTH are they talkin about?) and I love them for taking a risk and never backing down no matter what the result. After all we are getting close to the end of their career and I for one want to enjoy every minute and every performance.

walei
10-28-2012, 01:51 AM
So that really was a slip by Tessa between the side by side choreo into the diagonal footwark, I thought it was choreographed because of the way Tessa kicked out her leg. Tracy sounded like she was about to cry at the end. I still wish they would milk the ending more :lol:

LilJen
10-28-2012, 02:02 AM
I hope they change the costumes. Cool that they're not using red, but I think that cut does not work on her and I don't like the mesh bits on Scott either. I wouldn't mind a minimalist approach like Pink Floyd.

I heard Tessa got sick during the medal ceremony and had to leave briefly.

Cue pregnancy rumors in 3. . . 2. . . 1. . . :P

Golightly
10-28-2012, 02:04 AM
Tessa is so awesome, she kicked out her leg immediately to do a little shoot the duck LOL. That part is extremely intricate and I LOVE it. The second mistake was at the end of the second step sequence, correct? She stumbled a bit coming off a spin. I think all these things affected the ending, she was sort of fighting for it more. But that last lift is beauteous and I pray to god they do not change it. I pray actual prayers to the gods and heaven and whatever else there is above. Surely they must know this is something unique. Unique enough for me to think that I'm not thinking about them winning Worlds, even though of course I want them to win, I'm thinking: "My god, when can I see this again? And again? And again?" Can you imagine when they polish this?

As for the much-anticipated battle of the Carmens, turns out there was no battle, as expected.

sap5
10-28-2012, 02:10 AM
As for the much-anticipated battle of the Carmens, turns out there was no battle, as expected.

The best part of the battle was the total class exhibited by Anna and Luca. Love them so much. It couldn't have been easy on them to learn that V/M were also doing Carmen.

sequins
10-28-2012, 02:16 AM
Cue pregnancy rumors in 3. . . 2. . . 1. . . :P

Damn it I was gonna say that but I thought I better not LOL! I thought 'you know who' will be buzzing.

sequins
10-28-2012, 02:20 AM
Tessa is so awesome, she kicked out her leg immediately to do a little shoot the duck LOL. That part is extremely intricate and I LOVE it. The second mistake was at the end of the second step sequence, correct? She stumbled a bit coming off a spin. I think all these things affected the ending, she was sort of fighting for it more. But that last lift is beauteous and I pray to god they do not change it. I pray actual prayers to the gods and heaven and whatever else there is above. Surely they must know this is something unique. Unique enough for me to think that I'm not thinking about them winning Worlds, even though of course I want them to win, I'm thinking: "My god, when can I see this again? And again? And again?" Can you imagine when they polish this?

Exactly! I want them to win Worlds of course but first and foremost I just wanna see them skate and be their brilliant selves.

Sahararainfall
10-28-2012, 02:21 AM
Damn it I was gonna say that but I thought I better not LOL! I thought 'you know who' will be buzzing.

You know Who? Voldemort? (Dont worry I know who.) :)

Bringing this over here. Yahoo HQ images (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A2KJkPjXcoxQx0oAp.CJzbkF?p=virtue+moir&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701&imgt=latest)

IoanaC
10-28-2012, 02:21 AM

Actually, she missed the last spin completely, I think that's why the step sequence dropped to level 2.
And I agree with you: I'm so grateful for this program that I'm not thinking about them winning Worlds right now. I know it's important, especially with it being in London, but I feel it matters less than the fact that they have a program for the ages.

It's so funny to read the FD thread in the Kiss'n'Cry section. Most of the people who appreciated their technical abilities, but thought they were boring, suddenly changed their minds tonight. Never thought that would happen, to be honest!:D