PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #21 - Carry On as the Waltz Goes On

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Bournekraatzfan
10-28-2012, 12:04 AM
I hope they change the costumes. Cool that they're not using red, but I think that cut does not work on her and I don't like the mesh bits on Scott either. I wouldn't mind a minimalist approach like Pink Floyd.

I heard Tessa got sick during the medal ceremony and had to leave briefly.

poor girl. hope she feels better soon

iggie
10-28-2012, 12:06 AM
Yeah, she did. Scott was clearly concerned, but tried to smile and joke with Anna and Luca. Tessa was definitely a bit off tonight (it reminded me a little of the 2009 Skate Canada OD) - maybe it was nerves, maybe she has the flu, like someone mentioned on the pbp thread. I loved how protective Scott acted towards her. Very gentlemanly.:) Someone please tell her she's the best dancer in the world, it's killing me when she doubts herself.

The program is a masterpiece, every movement makes sense and interprets the music. It's going to take a lot of work to master it, but I'm certain they'll be able to. No doubt, the best FD of the season. My only criticism is that it wasn't as sensual as in practice. Hope they bring back that mood when they're more relaxed.

noticed that too. the whole vibe was different.

jayta
10-28-2012, 12:08 AM
I LOVED THIS PROGRAM! Carmen is sooo enthralling. Yes there will be many who hate it cause some people do not like modern dance. But I have to say the choreography is spectacular and is to/with the music. They are living it out there. Are there a few issues like speed and a few flubs my Tessa? Yes. But do I think that with the whole season to train it and perfect it, by Worlds it will be a masterpiece. This is the first time I held my breath through the entire piece of music, just like the first time I saw Valse Triste.

I can't wait to see this grow and change and become something wonderful!

Golightly
10-28-2012, 12:11 AM
Were there many deductions? I was thinking they would score between 105 & 107 for that & they got 104? Not sure what they were deducted for other than the twizzle Tessa missed & the trip near the end of the program.

There weren't any deductions.

Two very noticeable mistakes, though. One coming off a spin, she suddenly stopped as if disoriented. That's why I am VERY optimistic about this dance. This was a very tough panel and they still got that score, with the mistakes. But the choreography is pretty amazing and this should only get better. Tessa looks sad because she knows those mistakes were on her, but she shouldn't; she was GLORIOUS as Carmen. I knew she would be great, but my god, she became Carmen. But we know she's a perfectionist and those aren't the kind of mistakes you see her make often. I think the tension she was feeling must've been huge after what happened yesterday and then having to skate such a crazy complex program.

IoanaC
noticed that too. the whole vibe was different.

I don't think it was intentional. They were a little tentative and concerned to skate cleanly, I felt. As they get milage on the program, it's going to become smoother and the intensity will grow.
My guess is it's going to be a "work in progress" throughout the season, like Farrucas. It's the most difficult dance they've ever had, but it's so worth doing it!

Macassar88
:P macassar ..Look again, that's a curl from her lovely tresses.

I mean the nipple is showing on HER left side - the one without any hair (unless she has chest hair...:rofl::runs:)

Cherub721
10-28-2012, 12:13 AM
When you take everything together... his neck is strained, she was ill, they had a stressful day yesterday, it's the most complex and emotionally demanding program they've ever done, and all the elements were new... it really was a hell of a ballsy performance. And it can only get better.

Proustable
10-28-2012, 12:13 AM
They definitely skated with more focus than attack, which is why the PCS weren't skyrocketingly large. But I'm okay with that. Room to grow, to work out the kinks etc. I'm happy, though. It really is a terrific piece of choreography.

martyross
10-28-2012, 12:18 AM
When you take everything together... his neck is strained, she was ill, they had a stressful day yesterday, it's the most complex and emotionally demanding program they've ever done, and all the elements were new... it really was a hell of a ballsy performance. And it can only get better.
sometimes i wonder if they're really human :P :P :swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon:

Golightly
10-28-2012, 12:20 AM
The reaction to this program has been really positive too, that makes me really happy.

Bournekraatzfan
10-28-2012, 12:23 AM
Yeah, she did. Scott was clearly concerned, but tried to smile and joke with Anna and Luca. Tessa was definitely a bit off tonight (it reminded me a little of the 2009 Skate Canada OD) - maybe it was nerves, maybe she has the flu, like someone mentioned on the pbp thread. I loved how protective Scott acted towards her. Very gentlemanly.:) Someone please tell her she's the best dancer in the world, it's killing me when she doubts herself.

The program is a masterpiece, every movement makes sense and interprets the music. It's going to take a lot of work to master it, but I'm certain they'll be able to. No doubt, the best FD of the season. My only criticism is that it wasn't as sensual as in practice. Hope they bring back that mood when they're more relaxed.

[...] But the choreography is pretty amazing and this should only get better. Tessa looks sad because she knows those mistakes were on her, but she shouldn't; she was GLORIOUS as Carmen. I knew she would be great, but my god, she became Carmen. But we know she's a perfectionist and those aren't the kind of mistakes you see her make often. I think the tension she was feeling must've been huge after what happened yesterday and then having to skate such a crazy complex program.

That makes me sad, too. She is so hard on herself :(

I have now gone back and watched the practice vids, and I can see what you mean, IoanaC and iggie. I also agree that it is a masterpiece and as you said, Golightly, Tessa became Carmen. I cannot get over the difficulty of that FD...WOW

agree

IoanaC
10-28-2012, 12:23 AM
It seems that Debbie Wilkes (the announcer in the arena) explained to the audience that Tessa was fine, but had "tummy troubles, if you know what I mean". Jeez, such an elegant way to put it.:rolleyes:

VarBar
10-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Boy, I love their Carmen so much, it's such a deep and mature approach of the whole theme and there are so many layers in it to discover. Just brilliant choreography.

While it's still early in the season, I think V/M should be happy with their levels in the free dance excepting the diagonal steps maybe.

Tessa looked tired a couple of times during the dance. I hope she's fine, she was absolutely superb tonight, couldn't take my eyes off her the whole program.:swoon:

martyross
10-28-2012, 12:29 AM
the detail that almost made me cry was Scott's hand on her cheek during the camel spin. it's not just lust..
this program fully portrays the misery of love. love is a frightening feeling, said Richard Wagner. it can kill a person. and they seem so real (again...)...
"nec tecum nec sine te vivere possum"...I can't live either without you or with you. that's what I see in this dance.

walei
10-28-2012, 12:31 AM
LOL Debbie Wilkes...:yikes:

I loved the FD!! But I do think they skated a bit tentatively and not as sensual as they did in the practice but I suspect that could be the costume issue. I also wanted to see more angst in Tessa's face for her ending pose and wished they held it a bit longer because I thought the abrupt ending with that pose was REALLY effective in telling the story of Carmen. Maybe because it's the camera angle, it didn't really end with a huge BANG as I expected after seeing their practice.

Great job Tessa and Scott!