PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #21 - Carry On as the Waltz Goes On

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Cherub721
10-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Oh no prob, I thought you saw it on youtube..... just a little while longer to go til the debut of Carmen. :)

Shayii
10-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Oh no prob, I thought you saw it on youtube..... just a little while longer to go til the debut of Carmen. :)

Yay so excited!! The scores have been kinda low so far though.

Don't know what to think of Tessa's dress. Love Scott's outfit though!!!

whoa
10-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Screencap of her dress
http://i50.tinypic.com/16ghmgz.png

http://i48.tinypic.com/zwb6tt.png

Shayii
10-27-2012, 10:39 PM
Everybody is scoring so low! Now I'm nervous.

Bournekraatzfan
10-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Thank you so much BKFan for your very informative analysis!!

The part I enjoy the most is the straight line individual footwork sequence. Last year it was required to be circular and this year dancers have a choice and I am so glad they picked straight line because I think it's much more exciting than circular. It just looks very sophisticated and flowy. I also love the twizzles, even though they had small problems here I thought it fits the music very well. This is one brilliant piece of music composition by Sir Anthony Hopkins!

The last lift there were obvious problems though. I do have a question regarding the level 1 call. Did they received a low level because Tessa was stuck for a brief moment or were there other problems that they couldn't just receive any checkpoints for higher levels.

All in all, I enjoy the program, Tessa needs to change the skirt, and hope they work out the kinks by CoR because they deserve so much higher.

I think it was just Tessa getting stuck. Due to this, she was unable to maintain a difficult position for the minimum of 3 rotations to receive anything higher.
ITA with your earlier comment, that the polka is blended beautifully into the program. This dance is just :swoon:

Thank you soooo much for this. I'll make sure to watch it again with this in mind, this is what I needed to see. A technical explanation.

This program has an effect on people, it is captivating. Now, I have a question for you. Do you think those are mistakes that a less strict panel might have graded with level 3s? Because it seems extremely harsh marking. What do you think?

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

No problem, but of course, I could be way off in my assessment, and if I am, I apologize.
Thatís a good question. The callers definitely werenít giving anything away, and I have seen competitions where it seemed to me that the callers were generous (GPF 2011). So I think it is possible that the footwork section could have been called differently depending on how the callers felt about one particular edge. Iíll explain further: their outside Mohawk looked soooooo clean, their double twizzles were great, their rockeróthat whole first section looked very good to me. The counter looked like the issue to me, and itsí exit edge is the entry edge for the bracket that follows it. These are both one foot section turns, so Tessa and Scott may not have received credit for either of these turns, which means they only received credit for 2 one foot section turns, the double twizzle and the rocker, which automatically drops them down to a level 2 (you need at least three of these for a level 3). So this one edge could have cost them both turns. I have now watched the practice and this footwork sequence looked excellent there, so I am not concerned about this.

The spatial issue on the second YP cost them both the three turns (step 38) which constitutes two key points, but it isnít a mistake I expect them to repeat. In fact, I think that where V&M and P&B will shine in this pattern dance is in their spatial awareness/management. They skate so close together and can maintain that closeness throughout a section of steps (that is, they are not drifting away and then coming back together). I really do think it was just a strange error for these two. I expect the closed choctaw with the free foot crossed behind to be the step that gets a lot of the teams, but hopefully V&M get that fixed soon.

I agree with you that it is good that they got a strict caller at the start of the season. I think this program is going to be a masterpiece. "Captivating" is a perfect word for this program, and it really says something when people are coming up to Tracy to tell her that they think Tessa and Scott's SD is "spectacular." I watched with my mother and we were just in love with it. <3

and yes, best of luck to them today! after reading and re-reading all the comments on their FD, I am super-excited!

Shayii
10-27-2012, 11:01 PM
OMG!! That was incredible!!!! I don't even know what else to say tbh!

The British people said that was the best Carmen they've ever seen.

liv
10-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Love. Love. Love. Love it some more.

Twilight1
10-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Fave program ever!! I really truly love that free dance. Wowsers!

liv
10-27-2012, 11:05 PM
I can't think of another free dance that I loved at first sight.

Oh, I loved Klimova/Pnomarenko's 1987 and 1992 free dances at first sight too... but not as much as this.

Lissa
10-27-2012, 11:08 PM
They were amazing! A couple little stumbles actually, & they got 104.69 I believe, should have been WAY higher & likely would have been except they did have a glaring error right in front of the judges when she tripped a little on a lift/spin. Also at the boards when they were turning at the end Tessa had another little mistake so if they had not had those the program would likely have been a couple points higher.

Not sure how Scott took the 104 mark, he seemed annoyed & I know it was the same as D&W got at SA so I can't really figure that one out.:rolleyes:
As Tracy said.....they need to create a new marking system for V&M & they said this may be the MOST DIFFICULT ice dance routine ever attempted!

Lissa
10-27-2012, 11:09 PM
OMG!! That was incredible!!!! I don't even know what else to say tbh!

The British people said that was the best Carmen they've ever seen.

Omg U heard the British Eurosport coverage, can you put the video up, I am dying to know what they said.

Twilight1
10-27-2012, 11:09 PM
I can't think of another free dance that I loved at first sight.

Oh, I loved Klimova/Pnomarenko's 1987 and 1992 free dances at first sight too... but as much as this.

The only other 2 programs I can think of is G & P's Arabian Nights in 1997 and Bourne & Kraatz's Adagio in 2003.

I am so impressed with that program very very awesome.

Shayii
10-27-2012, 11:12 PM
You guys am I even being coherent? That program is freaking amazing!! Mind + Blown = MindBlown!!!!

Cherub721
10-27-2012, 11:13 PM
This must be how it felt for G&P fans back in 97 when they debuted TFB. Love!

I'm soooo glad they're finally realizing all of their potential... this is like when G&P and K&P went to Tarasova.... they were great before, but now they're just.... AHHHHH :inavoid:

I need to watch that again on a non-choppy feed! There are soooo many details I missed. It went by fast.

ddtpdx
10-27-2012, 11:15 PM
Protocols:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpcan2012/gpcan2012_IceDance_FD_Scores.pdf

Levels 3 on CiSt and 2 on DiSt (I assume due to problem with twizzle by Tessa at end); 4's on the rest.

Great potential I think...and insanely difficult, so just takes mileage.