PDA

View Full Version : Virtue and Moir #21 - Carry On as the Waltz Goes On

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

professordeb
10-27-2012, 06:09 PM
I don't mean for this to sound like any conspiracy but I do find it interesting that the caller at SC seems to be harsher than the caller at SA. It was that way last season and seems to be that way this season. However, having a strict caller can be a blessing in disguise cause then you know what you need to do to get the higher levels should you have a strict caller later in the season.

Regarding Tessa & Scott not knowing about their levels. My guess is that when they went to the press conference, they still hadn't seen the protocols. Once they see those, get feedback from the judges and likely catch some video footage, they will have a clearer understanding of where they lost the marks. To make comments before seeing/hearing any of these would be speculation on their part -- something that I think most teams are too savvy to say aloud.

pani
10-27-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't mean for this to sound like any conspiracy but I do find it interesting that the caller at SC seems to be harsher than the caller at SA. It was that way last season and seems to be that way this season. However, having a strict caller can be a blessing in disguise cause then you know what you need to do to get the higher levels should you have a strict caller later in the season.

Regarding Tessa & Scott not knowing about their levels. My guess is that when they went to the press conference, they still hadn't seen the protocols. Once they see those, get feedback from the judges and likely catch some video footage, they will have a clearer understanding of where they lost the marks. To make comments before seeing/hearing any of these would be speculation on their part -- something that I think most teams are too savvy to say aloud.

More mixed: MZoueva confident any issues with Virtue&Moir's SD levels can be addressed. May change lift, but not reduce difficulty. #SCI2012
From Lynn Rutherford twitter.

Shayii
10-27-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm so nervous for them today. I hope they have an amazing skate!! And I might not be able to watch live again (this time due to commitments vs not finding a stream). But hopefully I can catch it before I go. I really wanna see Tessa's skirt and I hope it's not too full--I'm thinking simple and minimal is the way to go.

pani
10-27-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm so nervous for them today. I hope they have an amazing skate!! And I might not be able to watch live again (this time due to commitments vs not finding a stream). But hopefully I can catch it before I go. I really wanna see Tessa's skirt and I hope it's not too full--I'm thinking simple and minimal is the way to go.

Hope you wiull find stream. Try to watch Eurosport.
Its a little hard for them will have now amazing skating, so wish them good luck. Thats hat they need now.

rvi5
10-27-2012, 08:25 PM
On a side note: The title of this thread reminds me of the band name in the movie Bandslam..."I can't go on, I'll go on". :LOL:

Macassar88
10-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Ugh... someone on Golden Skate just likened Tessa and Scott's acting skills to those of Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson from Twilight. I guess anyone at the top of a field will always have haters, but it amazes me how much hate Tessa and Scott in particular seem to get.

pani
10-27-2012, 08:57 PM
Ugh... someone on Golden Skate just likened Tessa and Scott's acting skills to those of Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson from Twilight. I guess anyone at the top of a field will always have haters, but it amazes me how much hate Tessa and Scott in particular seem to get.

I think this is compliment - they are such a great actors.

clarie
10-27-2012, 09:07 PM
I do not expect them to be perfect today, but I am SOOOO looking forward to seeing this FD. I've been waiting years to skate to something like this and I'm bound and determined to enjoy it whatever happens.............but Good luck to them today :)

Shayii
10-27-2012, 09:07 PM
I think this is compliment - they are such a great actors.

Noo! Please do not compare Tessa to Kristen Stewart!! Nor Scott to Robert Patterson (I can tolerate him a bit more though). Both Kristen and Rob are not great actors IMO. Seriously though can it be the FD already so I can see this for myself.

Anyways I've watched the SD like three times and I think I'm going to love it by the end of the season, right now I really like it. The polka part is still kinda weird for me though.

Good luck Tessa and Scott please have an amazing skate today!!

pani
10-27-2012, 09:10 PM
I do not expect them to be perfect today, but I am SOOOO looking forward to seeing this FD. I've been waiting years to skate to something like this and I'm bound and determined to enjoy it whatever happens.............but Good luck to them today :)

This will be interesting to see, how this will develop during season.
Honestly i am very happy, i could watch V-M this season. Even if they are not perfect all the time :)

Judy
10-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Why concern yourselves with what others think? Everyone has different tastes and Internet fans will never agree.

Shayii
10-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Did anybody see the europsort version of the SD? They felt the transition to the polka was too dramatic--I kinda feel like it's just randomly stuck in there too. They felt the twizzles was terrific, but surprised at the construction of the SD, 90% waltz, 10%% polka. But they still feel they are phenomenal skaters and were surprised at the scores.

pani
10-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Did anybody see the europsort version of the SD? They felt the transition to the polka was too dramatic--I kinda feel like it's just randomly stuck in there too. They felt the twizzles was terrific, but surprised at the construction of the SD, 90% waltz, 10%% polka. But they still feel they are phenomenal skaters and were surprised at the scores.

On russian Eurosprt Yana Khoholva said italians couldnt be close to canadians even if V-M will have dedaction.

Cherub721
10-27-2012, 10:04 PM
Can you post the Eurosport vid, Shayii?

Personally, I thought the transition into the polka was very natural. *shrugs*

Jana <3333 I would so much rather hear her POV than Tanith's comments. pani if you could post some of her impressions (of all the couples not just V&M) I would appreciate it!

Shayii
10-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Can you post the Eurosport vid, Shayii?

Personally, I thought the transition into the polka was very natural. *shrugs*

Jana <3333 I would so much rather hear her POV than Tanith's comments. pani if you could post some of her impressions (of all the couples not just V&M) I would appreciate it!

I didn't record it (not that I would know how to do that anyways) I'm sorry!! FD is on now and weirdly I'm very calm, hopefully that's a good sign.