PDA

View Full Version : Skaters you want to like

Pages : 1 2 [3]

arakwafan2006
10-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Kiira Korpi. So pretty and so well put together but so shitty

Mafke
10-08-2012, 09:35 PM
I really wanted to like Buttle (for his many great qualities) but couldn't get into his skating (until his well-deserved WC which was awesome).
One thing that bugged me was his planned fall on the quad in 2006 olys. No, I realize he wasn't planning on falling and would have loved to have landed it but it seemed very... calculated as in "I can rotate the thing so even if I fall it will help me" (not his fault, but...)

I also wanted to like B/S and came close but the little mistakes that never went away bugged me more than they would have if their overall skill level weren't so high (and it was hard for me to get behind her 'artistry' when she seemed so affectless on and off the ice).

I wanted to like Yamaguchi as a single but there were too many others I liked more at the time and I had the feeling that USFSA was shoving her as a soloist down the public's throat. I loved her pairs skating with Galindo (and thought they had potential to revolutionize pairs had things worked out a little differently).

Those three come to mind soonest.

Vagabond
10-08-2012, 09:51 PM

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGV7RI2XHso

It might go some small way toward making you like her skating.

essence_of_soy
10-08-2012, 11:28 PM

This makes me immediately think of Maria singing 'I feel pretty' from West Side Story.

Kiira's pretty
Yet skates shitty
She is pretty, skates shitty, all night.
Yes, I pity
That damn skater who can't stay... upright!

chipso1
10-09-2012, 03:44 AM
Julia Lipnitskaia
Florent Amodio
Joelle Forte
Alena Leonova
Satoko Miyahara
Jeremy Ten
Nobunari Oda
Dube/Wolfe
Vise/Baldwin

...to name a few :shuffle:

victoriaheidi
10-09-2012, 05:59 AM
This makes me immediately think of Maria singing 'I feel pretty' from West Side Story.

Kiira's pretty
Yet skates shitty
She is pretty, skates shitty, all night.
Yes, I pity
That damn skater who can't stay... upright!

:rofl:

If she can ever get it together enough to win a major medal (yes, I know she's medaled at Euros, but I'm referring to Worlds/Olys), she'll probably be beloved...because she's insanely pretty.

MR-FAN
10-09-2012, 06:03 AM
Alena Leonova

flipforsynchro
10-09-2012, 01:22 PM
skating skills and Chan

I am a sucker for skating skills. Watching Chan and Han Yan just make my heart flutter :D

briancoogaert
10-09-2012, 01:50 PM
I don't have any name to give of actual skaters.
But in the years before, I admit that Urmanov and Eldredge had amazing basics, and I'm just sad I didn't like them enough, lol.

snoopysnake
10-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Caydee Denney

Ziggy
10-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Tomas Verner.

His basic skating is quite nice, his jumps are good when on (not very often :P) but he's just so annoying. :P

flutzilla1
10-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Patrick Chan
Evgeny Plushenko
Weaver and Poje
Mao Asada

RFOS
10-09-2012, 03:56 PM
I agree with Kiira Korpi and Tomas Verner, also Joshua Farris.

Kiira's most recent SP is definitely the best she's ever looked and I would give it quite good marks but it still didn't make me feel anything. Tomas basically the same. I rarely go into "uber" threads and don't think I've ever posted in one, but the fact that Jason and Joshua have a joint uber thread annoys me. ;)

nubka
10-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Michelle Kwan :shuffle:

Mee, too. :shuffle: :shuffle: