PDA

View Full Version : News and updates à la Française

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

dinakt
01-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Nathalie Pechalat/Fabian Bourzat have withdrawn from Europeans. They have been removed from the entry list already. Apparently Fabian got injured. Further details should be available soon. This is too bad. :-(
Sad news. Wishing Fabian fast recovery.

Iceman
01-18-2013, 12:35 AM
Maybe he was or maybe he wasn't. We don't know and it's not relevant either.

Might be, as overprotected children often want to be near their families.

Proustable
01-18-2013, 02:16 AM
Ugh, how awful. :( Even if he heals in time for worlds, they're going to lose so much training time.

There will be a great battle now for the European title between Bobrova, Ilinykh, and Cappellini, but it's a shame it will to come at such a price.

Soloviev, Katsalpov and Lanotte might have a role as well. I think.

DimaToe
01-18-2013, 03:34 PM
Nathalie Pechalat/Fabian Bourzat have withdrawn from Europeans. They have been removed from the entry list already. Apparently Fabian got injured. Further details should be available soon. This is too bad. :-(

:( Is there some bad voodoo or something at Krylova/Carmelengo's camp? I mean their top two teams out due to injury, that must be frustrating.

LilJen
01-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Translation

Péchalat-Bourzat withdraw
Nathalie Péchalat and Fabian Bourzat had to withdraw from the European Championships in Zagreb which will begin next Wednesday, due to an injury to an adductor for Fabian

Probably unable to skate until the end of the month, Fabian Bourzat will do a part of his reathletisation next week in Lyon, while his partner will go to Zagreb in her capacity of captain of the French team

Terrible news!! Wishing Fabian a speedy recovery.

Zemgirl
01-19-2013, 01:09 PM
According to the FFSG's most recent press release (http://www.ffsg.org/salle_de_presse/documents/communiques_de_presse/2012_2013/CP_170113_CHAMP_EUROPE_ZAGREB_EURO_PADG.pdf), Brian Joubert will indeed be going to Euros (there was some speculation about that earlier). P/B are of course out - sad to see only one French ice dance team :(

nuge
01-19-2013, 05:35 PM
). P/B are of course out - sad to see only one French ice dance team :(

Very sad indeed but on the bright side we will have Papadakis/Cizeron next year :)

joeperryfan
01-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Has it been mentioned on FSU that Alexis Miart was on the dutch version of Dancing with the Stars on Ice? I've just found out about it!
http://www.sbs6.nl/programmas/sterren-dansen-op-het-ijs/p/bners/seizoen-2013/algemeen/zimra-geurts

Btw, Maé-Bérénice Méité is now on Twitter (https://twitter.com/MBMeite), in case anyone wants to follow her, so is Alexis but I won't put his address here in protest for his shameful disappearing act.

I'm actually looking forward to watching Papadakis/Cizeron next year too!:cheer:

As to Joubert changing his FS, well, it's not the best timing but I think it could be a good move for him since, IMHO, he wasn't feeling his Inception program and if he doesn't feel it he loses a lot of energy and the whole thing sucks to no end. I liked Gladiator as an exhibition, he seemed much more at ease with that interpretation and it didn't feel overly Yagudinish to me, but maybe I've forgotten what Yags was like(and I'm not sorry about it :P).

P/B **endless sigh**

IceDanceFan1
01-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Has it been mentioned on FSU that Alexis Miart was on the dutch version of Dancing with the Stars on Ice? I've just found out about it!
http://www.sbs6.nl/programmas/sterren-dansen-op-het-ijs/p/bners/seizoen-2013/algemeen/zimra-geurts

Former French team ice dancers Benoit Richaud and Scarlett Rouzet are also on this show. By the looks of things, Alexis and his partner have already been voted out.

Another piece of info to add to this thread is that Pernelle Carron and Lloyd Jones and their coach Marika Humphreys-Baranova have lately spent some of their time at the Novi Ice Arena with Igor Shpilband.

joeperryfan
01-23-2013, 03:10 PM
It seems that Joubert is doing the Challenge Cup(Netherlands) again this year.

Sylvia
02-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Fabian Bourzat posted on their Facebook fan page on Feb. 7 that he has returned to the ice, after 4 weeks off, "in shape and super motivated!"

Article/interview with 2013 European silver medalist Florent Amodio: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130208&content_id=41489366&vkey=ice_news

ETA:

It seems that Joubert is doing the Challenge Cup(Netherlands) again this year.
Joubert, Besseghier, Meite, James/Cipres and Popova/Massot are all on the entries list as of Feb. 13.

IceIceBaby
02-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Gosh, everytime I see this thread up, I fear somebody is injured again.

Sylvia
02-20-2013, 04:52 PM
Update on Péchalat/Bourzat by Nathalie: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130219&content_id=41792098&vkey=ice_news

"It's going rather well," Péchalat said. "We have not lost anything in terms of quality or technique. Physically, though, we need to practice hard to be in top form for worlds in three weeks. We, however, need to go step by step, as Fabian needs to be careful of how intense and how long he practices. He can skate about one hour and a half every day, just the time to review everything. We also exercise physically for about another hour and a half every day, through stretching, and specific muscle and cardio work. Fabian listens to his body very carefully, and we all adapt to his own rhythm."

Asked whether resuming training after such a problem was too difficult, Péchalat was quick to answer.

"Oh, no! Real life is starting again. It's work, work, work, and it's really better that way," she explained. "Before skating together again, Fabian and I started to review our programs off the ice, in order to identify what was still feasible and what was not. We had to stop, but not for long enough to forget any element of our programs. We have reached midseason, so we have them fully automatized by now. Things would have been much more difficult earlier in the season. Now, it's really cool to be together on the ice after all that time. Plus, we both love our programs, and we were really missing them."

Loves_Shizuka
02-22-2013, 07:38 AM
:D Can't wait to see them at worlds :cheer:

VarBar
03-03-2013, 08:23 PM
I've just watched Papadakis/Cizeron at Junior Worlds and I really hope they are the next big thing in ice dancing. I like them a lot.:cool: