PDA

View Full Version : News and updates à la Française

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Eislauffan
01-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Nathalie Pechalat/Fabian Bourzat have withdrawn from Europeans. They have been removed from the entry list already. Apparently Fabian got injured. Further details should be available soon. This is too bad. :-(

Zemgirl
01-17-2013, 05:54 PM
Nathalie Pechalat/Fabian Bourzat have withdrawn from Europeans. They have been removed from the entry list already. Apparently Fabian got injured. Further details should be available soon. This is too bad. :-(
This is awful news! I hope it's not anything too serious... I'd really been looking forward to seeing them go for a third consecutive title.

I hope Carron/Jones can skate well enough to qualify two slots for next season.

lauravvv
01-17-2013, 06:08 PM
:( Such sad news. This is really dejectory. I too hope that it's not serious, and that they will be able to compete at Worlds, or, at least, that everything will be allright with Fabian.

Probably it's not good to speak about this now - still, on the one hand, it's an opportunity for either Bobrova/Soloviev, or Cappellini/Lanotte to become European champions. On the other hand, it most likely won't feel like such a big feat to them (especially, for Bobrova/Soloviev if they win) without Nathalie and Fabian there.

Eislauffan
01-17-2013, 06:15 PM
Now there was a press release from the French Federation, and it is a rupture of the adductor in his right leg, suffered January 9. They hope to be ready for Worlds and Nathalie plans to attend Euros:

Press release:
Dans le cadre de leur préparation intensive à Détroit (USA) pour les Championnats d’Europe qui débutent dans 6 jours à Zagreb, en Croatie, Fabian BOURZAT s’est blessé, le 9 janvier dernier, à la jambe droite et le diagnostic est le suivant : déchirure de l’adducteur. Il poursuivra ses séances de réathlétisation à Lyon, dès la semaine prochaine.

La participation des doubles champions d’Europe et médaillés de bronze aux Mondiaux 2012 à Nice, aux Championnats du Monde, qui se dérouleront des 13 au 17 mars prochains au Canada, n’est pas compromise. Leur détermination reste intacte.

La présence de Nathalie PECHALAT en capitaine de l’Equipe de France est prévue à Zagreb

lauravvv
01-17-2013, 06:21 PM
Now there was a press release from the French Federation, and it is a rupture of the adductor in his right leg, suffered January 9. They hope to be ready for Worlds and Nathalie plans to attend Euros:

Press release:
Dans le cadre de leur préparation intensive à Détroit (USA) pour les Championnats d’Europe qui débutent dans 6 jours à Zagreb, en Croatie, Fabian BOURZAT s’est blessé, le 9 janvier dernier, à la jambe droite et le diagnostic est le suivant : déchirure de l’adducteur. Il poursuivra ses séances de réathlétisation à Lyon, dès la semaine prochaine.

La participation des doubles champions d’Europe et médaillés de bronze aux Mondiaux 2012 à Nice, aux Championnats du Monde, qui se dérouleront des 13 au 17 mars prochains au Canada, n’est pas compromise. Leur détermination reste intacte.

La présence de Nathalie PECHALAT en capitaine de l’Equipe de France est prévue à ZagrebThanks. Actually, "rupture" sounds quite bad (at least to an unknowing person like me), but if they hope to be ready for Worlds, then it's not so terrible. Good to know that.

haribobo
01-17-2013, 06:28 PM
I hope Carron/Jones can skate well enough to qualify two slots for next season.

I don't think that should be a huge problem for them- here's the likely top 11 in order of their ISU SB. It is too bad that Papadakis/Cizeron can't compete here but I imagine its a lot to have all those different programs ready.

165.64 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA
161.34 Riazanova/Tkachenko RUS
159.95 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS
158.46 Elena ILINYKH / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS
147.47 Carron/Jones FRA
142.96 Heekin-Canedy/Dun UKR
141.22 Kolbe/Caruso GER
140.54 Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI GER
140.30 Julia ZLOBINA / Alexei SITNIKOV AZE
137.58 Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA
126.66 Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND GBR

DaiKozOda
01-17-2013, 07:22 PM
News article about Nathalie et Fabian: http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artistique/Actualites/Pechalat-bourzat-forfait/343216

lauravvv
01-17-2013, 07:23 PM
I don't think that should be a huge problem for them- here's the likely top 11 in order of their ISU SB. It is too bad that Papadakis/Cizeron can't compete here but I imagine its a lot to have all those different programs ready.

147.47 Carron/Jones FRAWas it at NRW Trophy? I must say, I don't quite trust those results.

Also, I think Riazanova/Tkachenko's or any other team's results at the Golden Spin of Zagreb can't be trusted as something indicating to their possible marks at Euros. The results of ice dancers were obviously very much inflated there.

VarBar
01-17-2013, 07:30 PM
Really bad news.:( P/B were my highlight at Europeans in the ice dance event.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Fabian's abductor to heal quickly and for him and Nathalie to come back strong for the World Championships.:kickass:

skatak
01-17-2013, 07:32 PM
Thanks. Actually, "rupture" sounds quite bad (at least to an unknowing person like me), but if they hope to be ready for Worlds, then it's not so terrible. Good to know that.

Actually 'déchirure' means torn muscle. so not that bad, even though still bad :-/

News article about Nathalie et Fabian: http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artistique/Actualites/Pechalat-bourzat-forfait/343216

ETA : actually it's a 'partially torn muscle'.

rayhaneh
01-17-2013, 07:39 PM

Translation

Péchalat-Bourzat withdraw
Nathalie Péchalat and Fabian Bourzat had to withdraw from the European Championships in Zagreb which will begin next Wednesday, due to an injury to an adductor for Fabian

Two times European Champions, the ice dancers Nathalie Péchalat and Fabian Bourzat will not defend their title next week in Zagreb (23 to 26 January): this Thursday evening, the French Ice Sports Federation has announced, through a press release, that the French leaders had to withdraw

Nathalie was crying

On January 9, during a training session in Detroit, USA, Fabian Bourzat incured a partial tear of the adductor in the right leg. After a last test to skate in the morning, the World bronze medalists had to resign themselves to give up on this competition they hold very dear. "Nathalie was crying" admitted their Italian coach, Pasquale Camerlengo.

Probably unable to skate until the end of the month, Fabian Bourzat will do a part of his reathletisation next week in Lyon, while his partner will go to Zagreb in her capacity of captain of the French team

skatak
01-17-2013, 08:42 PM
An interview of Véronique Guyon here (in French) :
http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/Toute-zone/Sport/Sports-de-glisse/Patinage/n/Contenus/Articles/2013/01/17/GUYON-SOUS-CONDITIONS

Rapidly, she says she will be ok to train Brian again, but under certain conditions, not to repeat mistakes done in the past. She did not talk to him recently (last time was 2 weeks ago), so she does not know his state of mind.
She thinks changing the LP is not a good idea.

There are also short words from D. Gailhaguet (a repeat from what he said at the gala in Niort recently), Brian was in training sessions at Bercy before Euros (like every year, all skaters meet in Bercy), and Brian had 'some problems'. His shape should be evaluated again a week later, which is now this week, and as it's already thurday evening it's propbably already done. We may know more in the very near future then.

shah
01-17-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm devastated...:(

beepbeep
01-17-2013, 09:24 PM
:(

casken
01-17-2013, 10:56 PM
Ugh, how awful. :( Even if he heals in time for worlds, they're going to lose so much training time.

There will be a great battle now for the European title between Bobrova, Ilinykh, and Cappellini, but it's a shame it will to come at such a price.