PDA

View Full Version : News and updates Ó la Franšaise

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

morqet
12-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Amodio after TEB was quoted as saying he didn't feel comfortable skating to flamenco and was going to ask Morozov to choreograph a new SP for him. It now turns out that his new SP is actually a short version of his LP of last season.

There was an article in L'Equipe which said that this "new" SP is just a stop gap until the actual new SP is ready.

VarBar
12-18-2012, 12:55 PM
^Oh, I see, thanks for updating me.:)

kirkbiggestfan
12-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Joubert did not have the flu and skipped French Nationals to....work on a new LP. He won't skate to Inception anymore and will work on a Gladiator LP with Laurie May (P/B off-ice choreographer).
I don't know if the flu thing was a cover-up by the Fed, but the relationship between Joubert and the French Fed seems to be rocky right now. Joubert wants to work with Guillon but Dumont wants to be the only coach.
We always see complete 180 from Joubert during a season, so it's hard to predict the next move.

MarieM
12-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Good news. Candeloro began having his best results when his relationship with the FFSG was rocky. Let's hope it's gonna be the same for Brian. (one can hope right ?)

Zemgirl
12-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Joubert did not have the flu and skipped French Nationals to....work on a new LP. He won't skate to Inception anymore and will work on a Gladiator LP with Laurie May (P/B off-ice choreographer).
My understanding was that he did have the flu but it wasn't the only reason he skipped Nationals - basically that he might have tried to skate anyway were it not for the LP situation (sort of like 2008-9, I guess). But maybe I'm wrong. You're right that one never knows what exactly is going on with Joubert.

I suppose that at this point in his career, he might as well do whatever he wants and enjoy skating, rather than trying to conform to the judging system or the FFSG's "suggestions".

NadineWhite
12-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Hmmm, interesting about Joubert's new program, looking forward to seeing it. :)

That said, I must say that I was disappointed Brian was unable to compete at French Nationals, if only for the fact that I've been wanting him to tie Alain Giletti's *10* French National Championships. Brian's only 2 away; right now he holds 8 National Titles and sits in second place with two others.

Crossing my fingers Zhenya hits the magical #10 as well at his Nationals this month; he's already the all-time Russian National Record Holder, but #10 would be the cherry on top. :hat1:

kwanfan1818
12-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Then not only would Plushenko have more 6.0's than Michelle Kwan, but also more national titles!

NadineWhite
12-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Actually I was thinking about the National Title Record Holders of All-Time:

Men: Ivan Dinev (Bulgaria) = 14 (btw he's married to our own Angela Nikodinov of the USA) :)

Honorable Mentions with 11: John Ferguson Page (Britian), Oliver Honer (Switzerland), Werner Rittberger (Germany)

Honorable Mentions with 10: Carlo Fassi (Italy), Nobuo Sato (Japan), Bo Mathander (Sweden), Hans Lindh (Sweden), Alain Giletti (France), Laszlo Vajda (Hungary), Marcus Nikkanen (Finland), Gregor Urbas (Slovenia), Martin Stixrud (Norway).

I'm a history buff, what can I say, I love history! :cool:

Anyhow, sorry for going off topic, but I couldn't resist. Lucky I didn't add the women, pairs, and dance record holders. On that score, nobody but nobody can touch Danielle Carr-McGrath/Stephen Carr (Australia) *19* National Championships!!!! Unbelieveable!!!! :eek: :wideeyes: :eek:

skatak
12-18-2012, 09:42 PM
It would be interesting with ladies/pairs/ice dance too !

I think Bonaly has 9 titles + 1 in pairs, that makes it 10.
The Joly-Brunet should have several together both in singles and pairs.

Zemgirl
12-31-2012, 01:21 PM
This came up in the thread about the Oberstdorf gala, but seemed like a better fit here:

On Swedish Eurosport they said tha they closed down his homerink for renovation. He has to drive 1,5 h single way everyday to practise..

oh ~~~~

i hope there has been no fall-outs with anyone ....

Brian needs to sort out his coaching situation, indeed.
Here's what happened: the rink in Poitiers is being renovated to comply with environmental/safety regulations. This will take about a year. As Joubert was happy with his coaching situation in Poitiers (Veronique Guyon and Patrick Gueppe) he tried to make alternate arrangements in the same area for the period of the renovations. However, this proved difficult due to distances, ice availability and the coaches' employment situation. Eventually a decision was made for Joubert to relocate to Paris and work with Annick Dumont. As others here pointed at the time, Dumont is not an ideal solution for him (or for anyone, for that matter), and indeed Joubert had hoped to continue working with Guyon part-time.

I am not sure at what point things became difficult, but shortly after Joubert skipped French Nats (official reason: the flu), news reports suggested that he was not pleased with Dumont as an only (or even primary?) coach, and that this had been discussed with the federation. At the same time, he was also working on a new LP, possibly due to feedback from the federation. This is the newer version of Gladiator that he's done in the holiday galas the past week or so, though presumably with some modifications.

Joubert is apparently back in Poitiers, commuting... somewhere (Tours? Niort?) and planning to reunite with Guyon. I don't know if the FFSG signed off on this move or whether his training on his own is just for the holidays or a long-term thing (bad idea!). I think Gueppe, with whom he worked last season, is now based in Tours. Basically: I have no idea what exactly Joubert is doing and how much of it is in accord with what his federation wants. It is a mystery. Like most of what he does.

Sylvia
01-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Re-posting from the Oberstdorf Gala thread:

Incidently this morning German Eurosport also showed the Courchevel gala which was even nicer I thought, Brian was much more "on" than in Oberstdorf, even though he was doing two ballads and then Yagudin followed doing his stuff (a bit out of breath now and then), also Surya Bonaly doing her backflip. I was a bit sad they cut out James/Cipres (I thought they could be seen in the final) but great that they broadcast it at all!
Pechalat/Bourzat's FD as performed in the 12/27 Courcheval Gala via British Eurosport (more Courcheval videos were uploaded by this user, along with Obertsdorf videos): http://youtube.com/watch?v=BkCRa0zLEm0

Is that a different FD dress for Nathalie Pechalet ? It looks shinier material and has red around the edge or is it just me imagining it ?

marysy
01-06-2013, 03:40 AM
Apparently Joubert has been training on his own in La Roche sur Yon for the past month, which is an hour and a half away from Poitiers. Guyon is in Poitiers; perhaps the two of them can commute together.

Zemgirl
01-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Joubert may be heading back to Paris soon, to work with Katia Krier in Bercy (source (http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artistique/Actualites/Joubert-de-champigny-a-bercy/341636)). I really don't understand what he's doing this season, but I hope he'll get on the right track sooner rather than later.

ioana
01-11-2013, 09:06 PM
What's this refusal to go train in the US all about --did we ever hear more about when/where this was supposed to happen? Either way, Katia Krier seems like a good interim solution, since I don't blame him for steering clear of Dumont, but training on his own so close to a major event is even worse.

kirkbiggestfan
01-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Joubert always preferred to be close to home (mommy dearest) and with French or Russian coaches. He does not seem to appreciate the North American style of coaching. (Browning made him an amazing program that gave him the world title though...)
I have the impression to follow a rebellious teenager, but this is a man in his late twenties going for the Olympics.
So much drama in one season:3 coaches, 3 rinks, 2 LP. The gladiator is surprising us with another unexpected move.