PDA

View Full Version : News and updates Ó la Franšaise

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Zemgirl
10-10-2012, 09:53 AM
P/B's SD is vastly preferable to their FD :) And the costumes are much better, too.

Brian seems to be the sort of guy who needs some strong woman to give him a kick :kickass: in the a** now and then (not that he is not motivated) and sort him out. His long programme this year (which I understand he wishes to keep for Sochi) is very beautiful and emotional ... wonder why people haven't commented on it.
People haven't commented on Amodio's programs in this thread, either - and not everyone watches French Masters ;) I like Joubert's LP and think it has a lot of potential. Obviously you have to edit out the mistakes and try to picture it with more difficult elements, but the program itself is lovely and better than the others he's had in recent years.

I was pleasantly surprised that he chose to use only Time from the Inception soundtrack, as it's softer and less in-your-face than some of the other tracks.

Kelvster
10-10-2012, 10:48 AM
P/B's SD is vastly preferable to their FD :) And the costumes are much better, too.

People haven't commented on Amodio's programs in this thread, either - and not everyone watches French Masters ;) I like Joubert's LP and think it has a lot of potential. Obviously you have to edit out the mistakes and try to picture it with more difficult elements, but the program itself is lovely and better than the others he's had in recent years.

I was pleasantly surprised that he chose to use only Time from the Inception soundtrack, as it's softer and less in-your-face than some of the other tracks.

It's a travesty people don't watch the French Masters! One of the most important competitions of the year! :cool:

cholla
10-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Good to hear that Brian Joubidoo is staying with Annick (with a bit of support from Veronique) ... they had worked together a bit anyway during Salt Lake City (more than 10 years ago:eek:) so hopefully they will get on in the run-up to Sochi

They have worked together much more recently than that. In Courchevel in summer for instance. There, she was his only coach for a while. Don't remember if it was 2 or 3 summers ago, but it was a temporary solution during one of his umpteenth changes of coach.

It's a travesty people don't watch the French Masters! One of the most important competitions of the year! :cool:
To be fair, until now, Masters weren't televised so it was hard for people to watch it other than live at the rink ;) I assume the "most important competition of the year" is ironical :lol: It's a test, nothing else. Most of skaters are usually not ready (for the exception of Juniors who've already competed at JPGs).

Evilynn
10-10-2012, 11:21 AM
P&B's SD is fab. :smokin: The FD looked messy (the second half in particular), but it's early days yet. I do wish they'd pick either Sympathy for the Devil or Start Me Up and stick to it, because those ~10 seconds of Sympathy for the Devil sounded *very* random. I think I prefer Sympathy, but that might be because it's my favourite Stones song. ;)

briancoogaert
10-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Brian seems to be the sort of guy who needs some strong woman to give him a kick :kickass: in the a** now and then (not that he is not motivated) and sort him out. His long programme this year (which I understand he wishes to keep for Sochi) is very beautiful and emotional ... wonder why people haven't commented on it.
You think Annick Dumont is a strong woman ? More than Veronique Guyon ? :eek:

bmcg
10-10-2012, 08:20 PM
P&B's SD is fab. :smokin: The FD looked messy (the second half in particular), but it's early days yet. I do wish they'd pick either Sympathy for the Devil or Start Me Up and stick to it, because those ~10 seconds of Sympathy for the Devil sounded *very* random. I think I prefer Sympathy, but that might be because it's my favourite Stones song. ;)

As usual I find their SDs superior to their FDs. One of my biggest problems with their FD is the soundtrack. I also find it both :lol: and :confused: that they chose to end their FD with Start Me Up. The way the music relates (or rather doesn't relate) to their movements makes it seem as if it's just background noise.

I still think they'll skate it well by Worlds and the strength of their SD will help them.

nuge
10-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Check out their exhibition on YT to The Doors People are strange

http://youtu.be/79g_t8XfKxw

Kelvster
10-11-2012, 03:43 AM
You think Annick Dumont is a strong woman ? More than Veronique Guyon ? :eek:

They both appear to be strong women :cool:

I always love seeing Annick's reactions at the kiss and cry ... and her commentary for France Television is quite good also ... she's v. supportive of the skaters and always shouts "ALLEZ, BRIAN" ... "ALLEZ, VANESSA", "ALLEZ ALLEZ"

And the cameraman always seems to love her. :cool:

briancoogaert
10-11-2012, 09:56 AM
They both appear to be strong women :cool:

I always love seeing Annick's reactions at the kiss and cry ... and her commentary for France Television is quite good also ... she's v. supportive of the skaters and always shouts "ALLEZ, BRIAN" ... "ALLEZ, VANESSA", "ALLEZ ALLEZ"

And the cameraman always seems to love her. :cool:
But that doesn't mean she is near the skaters during their preparation, and that doesn't mean she is able to find the best in each skater, or doing the best choices for them. Really, Veronique Guyon was the only one who tried to kick Brian's ass.

cholla
10-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Really, Veronique Guyon was the only one who tried to kick Brian's ass.

^^ That. And he really needs some serious :kickass: to work properly and sometimes just to work. Guyon feared no one and wasn't close to anyone in particular at FFSG, so she had her hands free (as much as you can have your hands free with FFSG, that is !) She is a strong opinionated woman and so is Dumont. What happen behind closed doors must sometimes be epic ! :argue: :lol:

stejoho40
10-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Who choreographed Brown's program?

Evilynn
10-11-2012, 01:54 PM
As usual I find their SDs superior to their FDs. One of my biggest problems with their FD is the soundtrack. I also find it both :lol: and :confused: that they chose to end their FD with Start Me Up. The way the music relates (or rather doesn't relate) to their movements makes it seem as if it's just background noise.

I still think they'll skate it well by Worlds and the strength of their SD will help them.

I usually love their FDs too (ok, not the one from last year, but anyone doing Walk Like An Egyptian-arms to middle eastern music grates on my nerves like nails against a blackboard), but I'm not convinced by the final music cuts. I found Start Me Up at the end a little odd too, but I'm going to take it on good faith it's on purpose. :lol:

Also, I don't know who did that People are Strange cover, but it sure wasn't the The Door's original.

cholla
10-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Also, I don't know who did that People are Strange cover, but it sure wasn't the The Door's original.
I think it's Jimmy Somerville's cover.

weir1
10-11-2012, 11:31 PM
P/B's SD is amazing.
simply a masterpiece.
It can and will compete with any other SD. Second to none , I doubt that any other pair can/will do a better job.
As for the FD - not perfect (yet) , but we need to see how the judges will look at it.
The music transitions are working, they are not bad at all, the chemistry will come, and it will be perfect, we can trust them....
Good luck

nuge
10-12-2012, 02:43 PM
P/B's SD is amazing.
simply a masterpiece.
It can and will compete with any other SD. Second to none , I doubt that any other pair can/will do a better job.
As for the FD - not perfect (yet) , but we need to see how the judges will look at it.
The music transitions are working, they are not bad at all, the chemistry will come, and it will be perfect, we can trust them....
Good luck

I agree with all of this .:)

At the end of the short dance I thought maybe they had run out of steam a little as the music seemed to be running ahead of them but I'm sure with practice that will come.
It sure is original and very exciting .