PDA

View Full Version : Tonya Harding's skating

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

escaflowne9282
10-10-2012, 09:51 PM
She is one of the best ever. Her knee action is so amazing. :)

Nah! :P ;)

falling_dance
10-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Nah! :P ;)

You don't love this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VMup1EnL_w) performance, escaflowne9282?

escaflowne9282
10-10-2012, 10:15 PM
You don't love this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VMup1EnL_w) performance, escaflowne9282?

The sad part is, if it meant skating were regularly going to be shown on TV again, I'd actually watch it again .

Although, I'd hope she would wear a hat this time . ::hat1:

briancoogaert
10-11-2012, 07:09 PM
What is the problem with that program, LOL ?
I'm not fond of it, but I have the feeling this program is hated here, and I don't see why !
Can someone explain to me ? :drama:

essence_of_soy
10-11-2012, 07:20 PM
I don't know if any of my contacts have her info. I think she's a bit out of the skating circles now. But I can give it a shot.

That would be awesome.

Much as I love the question as an icebreaker, don't ask Harding what her most embarrassing skating moment was, or she may do a Lindsay Lohan and end the interview then and there.

Clay
10-11-2012, 07:26 PM

you rock so hard for somehow bringing in a reference to "hat full of stars":rockstar:

briancoogaert- It was performed back when skating was on TV virtually every week (maybe less so than 1995, but still). It felt like we saw it every day though. The song is so cheesy. I believe one FSUr hated it more than everyone else (TASO?) and I'm pretty sure the term "Generic Female Ballad" originated from this number.

Clay
10-11-2012, 07:27 PM
That would be awesome.

Much as I love the question as an icebreaker, don't ask Harding what her most embarrassing skating moment was, or she may do a Lindsay Lohan and end the interview then and there.

...or do a Tonya Harding. She ended an interview with Connie Chung (what happened to her) once in 1994.

escaflowne9282
10-12-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm not fond of it, but I have the feeling this program is hated here, and I don't see why !

It was just incredibly overused.Back in the days when skating was shown in the US very regularly, it was on literally every week. She kept it for at least two professional cycles, too. It didn't help that it was the most generic combination of all that is bland. While I've never been fond of her skating, Yuka has done much better programs than that as both a professional and an amateur .

Alex Forrest
10-12-2012, 07:17 PM

Someone posted a link to the program. Now watch it 100 times in a row. Then you'll understand why.

Many skaters during the boom accepted every invite and skated to the same program over and over. But it seemed Yuka used this program for much longer. Like Kadavy and "It's All Coming Back to Me Now".

briancoogaert
10-12-2012, 07:47 PM
OK, I see now !
But in France, we never saw this program ! That's why I didn't understand. Of course, I've watched it since (thanks to soulseek, rinkside, ...). But I didn't watch it 100 times because it's really not my favorite ! lol

escaflowne9282
10-12-2012, 08:42 PM
you rock so hard for somehow bringing in a reference to "hat full of stars":rockstar:

briancoogaert- It was performed back when skating was on TV virtually every week (maybe less so than 1995, but still). It felt like we saw it every day though. The song is so cheesy. I believe one FSUr hated it more than everyone else (TASO?) and I'm pretty sure the term "Generic Female Ballad" originated from this number.

AHEM!!!

Taso
10-13-2012, 03:54 PM

Oh I TOTALLY HATED THAT PROGRAM!!!! Possibly the most boring program I have ever seen! EVER! IN 18 YEARS OF WATCHING THIS SPORT THAT ISN'T ALWAYS THAT INTERESTING :fragile:

And Esca, she kept it for THREE seasons :fragile: :fragile: :fragile:

And NEVER was there even a hat. Heck, there was never even a star

escaflowne9282
10-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Oh I TOTALLY HATED THAT PROGRAM!!!! Possibly the most boring program I have ever seen! EVER! IN 18 YEARS OF WATCHING THIS SPORT THAT ISN'T ALWAYS THAT INTERESTING :fragile:

And Esca, she kept it for THREE seasons :fragile: :fragile: :fragile:

And NEVER was there even a hat. Heck, there was never even a star

There was a semi- star :scream:. She had this totally unbecoming pageboy/pixie cut hairstyle ,too. :scream:(all the more reason she needed a hat)

Three seasons? I remember seeing it in 98-99 and 99-00. She used it after that?

I have to agree it was the most boring program ever. It was also probably the most generic song I had ever heard.
I remember discussing our mutual hatred of this program back in the day.

Oh memories...

aftershocks
10-13-2012, 09:33 PM
The song is awful on first hearing and especially on repeat hearings, but the skating is divine. :)

briancoogaert
10-14-2012, 08:48 AM
The song is awful on first hearing and especially on repeat hearings, but the skating is divine. :)
Yes ! :swoon:
I guess that's why I probably never really pay attention to her musics !