PDA

View Full Version : GPF Qualifier- Mens Singles

Pages : [1] 2

Vash01
09-30-2012, 06:37 AM
Since I don't see one for the men, I am starting this poll.

Sylvia
09-30-2012, 07:02 AM
I think you should have included an "Other" option. :)

lauravvv
09-30-2012, 08:41 AM
Plus, you have forgotten Joubert and Weir. Oh, and I forgot Oda. They're going to be there too, you know ;). But thanks anyway.

love_skate2011
09-30-2012, 09:54 AM
No Weir and Oda :confused:
but Kozuka, Gachinski, Miner are on the list ?

Jammers
09-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Weir hasn't competed in over two years so i see why he's not on the list. Kozuka and Gachinski are only a little over a year removed from being on the podium at Worlds.

PeterG
09-30-2012, 06:58 PM
I think it'd be cool to see Denis Ten make the GPF. And I'm not really a Tomas Verner fan, but who doesn't like a comeback? :cheer:

ETA: How did Weir get two GP spots, but Lysacek only has one? And not to be mean, but why is Ross Miner one of the poll options?

Sylvia
09-30-2012, 07:17 PM
ETA: How did Weir get two GP spots, but Lysacek only has one?
You should go plow through the Grand Prix Assignments thread in GSD. :P ;)

ETA the answer from the GP Announcement :):

c) “Come-Back” Skaters/Couples: Skaters/Couples who were previously seeded (placed 1 to 6 within the past 10 years at a ISU World Figure Skating Championships) and subsequently did not participate in one or more competitive seasons will be given priority consideration to re-enter the Grand Prix for selection of up to 2 assignments if they commit in writing to participating in 2 Grand Prix events and if such return is announced and confirmed by the date of the annual Selection Meeting. Such so called “come back skaters/couples” will not substitute any of the seeded skaters/couples, mentioned under a). “Come Back Skaters/Couples” must not fulfil the requirements of the minimum score and would be considered for selection as a Host Country Choice. A come back under this clause is allowed only once in their competitive career for any skater/couple.
d) If a seeded or “come-back” skater/couple withdraws from an assigned event, even for medical reasons, that skater/couple will not be assigned to another event.

Vash01
09-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Plus, you have forgotten Joubert and Weir. Oh, and I forgot Oda. They're going to be there too, you know ;). But thanks anyway.

I saw them as has beens, so they were not included. There are lots of young skaters with promise, and I wanted to give them a chance, besides the obvious certainties like Chan and Takahashi.

judgejudy27
09-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Is Lysacek doing 2 events? If there is any chance he does I might have included him, as even though I dont think he will be good enough to beat Chan, Takahashi, or Hanyu, I think he could possibly beat anyone else and come away with two 2nds or a 2nd and 3rd.

In any case I voted the obvious 3, plus Kozuka, Abbott, and Fernandez.

judgejudy27
09-30-2012, 07:33 PM
No Weir and Oda :confused:
but Kozuka, Gachinski, Miner are on the list ?

Kozuka and Gachinski are far more likely to make the GP final than Weir and Oda. It will be surprising if either Weir or Oda even make it to Worlds ever again. What makes you think Oda is above Kozuka in anyway at this point. I think this was a great poll, the only chance I would have made is to replace Miner with other (thus all the redundant poll options there was no room for like Weir, Miner, Oda, and the unknowns who might be shock by getting a 2nd GP somehow like Evan and Plushenko, would be available to their uber fans).

Sylvia
09-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Lysacek is scheduled only for Skate America.

MR-FAN
09-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Joubert :wuzrobbed

I still believe!

PeterG
09-30-2012, 11:00 PM
I saw them as has beens, so they were not included.

Joubert is a has-been after placing one spot off the podium at last year's World's Championships? :(

spikydurian
10-01-2012, 02:50 AM
Where are Joubert, Weir and Oda? The list is not fair! :mad:

my little pony
10-01-2012, 05:01 AM
Joubert is a has-been after placing one spot off the podium at last year's World's Championships? :(

i guess pelvic thrusts are out of vogue in some circles