View Full Version : GPF Qualifier - Ladies singles

Pages : [1] 2

love_skate2011
09-29-2012, 02:02 PM
I was going to start this thread but someone started the others already
I'll continue :cool:

danafan
09-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Osmond only has one assignment, Skate Canada.

love_skate2011
09-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Osmond only has one assignment, Skate Canada.

I forgot about that but there is still TEB right ?
she could get an invitation ? as Silette withdrew due to injury

PeterG
09-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Is Carolina Kostner skipping this season?

MikiAndoFan#1
09-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Is Carolina Kostner skipping this season?

I believe she withdrew from the GP.

PeterG
09-29-2012, 06:46 PM
:wuzrobbed

lauravvv
09-29-2012, 11:08 PM
:wuzrobbedBut that doesn't mean that Kostner is skipping the whole season. She came to her decision to continue competing too late to properly prepare for GP. Apparently she hadn't trained that much until then. But she's going to be at Euros and Worlds.

PeterG
09-30-2012, 04:34 AM
:biggrinbo

Proustable
09-30-2012, 04:52 AM
I think Kexin Zhang could sneak into the GPF with some luck.

judgejudy27
09-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Wide open but I think there will be about 3 Russians, 1 or 2 Japanese (not Ando), and 1 or 2 Americans.

Vash01
09-30-2012, 07:59 PM
I am a big Mao fan, but I left her out of this GPF because I no longer know what she is capable of. I think she has lost the 3A (I know some posters here will be happy about it, although not me), and she is not solid on her other jumps. I am wondering if her time is over at this point? I hope not, but there are other young Japanese ladies coming on the scene, and I don't see Akiko slowing down, yet (which is good).

judgejudy27
09-30-2012, 08:27 PM
I am a big Mao fan, but I left her out of this GPF because I no longer know what she is capable of. I think she has lost the 3A (I know some posters here will be happy about it, although not me), and she is not solid on her other jumps. I am wondering if her time is over at this point? I hope not, but there are other young Japanese ladies coming on the scene, and I don't see Akiko slowing down, yet (which is good).

Right now it looks like 4 women for 3 spots to Worlds for Japan- Asada, Ando, Suzuki, and Murakami. It is really wide open amongst that group. Nobody knows how Ando will return but it seem she is being pushed into her comeback more than really wanting to do it. Asada is a question mark as you say. Suzuki would seem to be the #1 right now but the Japanese fed. has never been a huge fan of her and would still probably dump her in a heartbeat if Asada and Ando are both doing great. Murakami has long been touted their up and coming star but cant seem to get through a decent LP ever. Unless Murakami starts doing good LPs the other 3 will probably go to Worlds regardless how mediocre Ando and Asada might be skating. Then there are the question of the other up and comers, Imai or anyone else, but nobody stands out at the moment. They are deep but not as strong as they used to be, and this year with the younger Russians starting to be age eligible we might not see any Japanese medals for awhile.

love_skate2011
10-01-2012, 04:28 PM
why are most people here under estimating Ando's chances for the GPF ? :eek:
I wouldn't at all !

kwanatic
10-01-2012, 04:36 PM
It's way too tough to call who will make the final before the season has even started. We don't know what kind of shape people are in or will be in, or what injuries/circumstances will come into play...

caseyedwards
10-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Definitely at least one skater each from Russia Japan and the US. Probably two each maybe. I voted for Gold but not Wagner but voted for all the Russians because I think that would be interesting with the GPF in sochi