PDA

View Full Version : Kaetlyn Osmond - Canada's hope

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

blueglass
03-31-2013, 04:18 PM
I saw Osmond for the first time at Canadians. She doesn't have broad shoulders or broad anything for that matter. It's all to do with the camera angles that for the most part are all focused at the girl's hip level. I'm not a fan of the fussiness of most female costumes, but I did think her short program costume suited her on-ice personality.

marii
03-31-2013, 08:01 PM
Professordeb,
Im not speaking of puberty. Some women have tendency gaining weight more, than others it's natural for woman's body to gain weight. I'm saying anything can happen, look at Rachel Flatt and what happened to her. I like Osmond and hope he does well, but what I don't like is to put all hopes in one basket, excluding other skater. Give her a bit more time to proof herself and not put so much pressure on her shoulders.

Proustable
03-31-2013, 09:32 PM
Osmond reminds me a bit of Stephanie Rosenthal in terms of her performance qualities.

IceAlisa
03-31-2013, 09:47 PM
I really think she should ditch her open backed dresses. It makes her torso look really wide. I see some Cohenesque qualities in the way she used her hands and arms in this program. I really like her because she is a performer and a dancer besides being an excellent skater.

professordeb
04-01-2013, 12:31 AM
Professordeb,
Im not speaking of puberty. Some women have tendency gaining weight more, than others it's natural for woman's body to gain weight. I'm saying anything can happen, look at Rachel Flatt and what happened to her. I like Osmond and hope he does well, but what I don't like is to put all hopes in one basket, excluding other skater. Give her a bit more time to proof herself and not put so much pressure on her shoulders.

Ahhh, that's what you meant, thanks for clearing it up. Usually when posters here speak about women and their bodies, it seems to be in the context of her not yet in her "adult" body -- hence my reference to the puberty monster.

Regarding Rachel Flatt, I'm not aware of issues that she has had regarding her body. Perhaps because I don't follow women's skating as closely as I have other disciplines.

I totally agree the Kaetlyn needs time and space to prove herself. I, like many others, are so pleased to see her have such a breakout season. There's also a couple of other young Canadian women who are in their teens who I think may give Kaetlyn a run for the Canadian championships next season. I hope for her to do well -- for her sake, not for mine. I've enjoyed watching her this season. It feels like there is hope for Canadian ladies skating, not just because of Kaetlyn, but because she is leading the charge. As a skating fan, it has been difficult to watch our Canadian ladies do decently at home, but when they go out onto the international stage, it seems to head south. I am believing and hoping that Kaetlyn is just the first of many that we'll see over the next few years. What is going to be interesting -- is watching all these "youngsters" from various countries as they try to step up to the plate and onto the podium. I'm looking forward to it.

clarie
04-05-2013, 12:26 PM
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?v=10152732197010445&set=vb.247741912027675&type=2&theater

This was posted on Kaetlyn's Facebook......hope the link works

shine
04-09-2013, 04:48 AM
Osmond reminds me a bit of Stephanie Rosenthal in terms of her performance qualities.

I totally saw it too! In fact, that's the first skater she reminded me of when I saw her skate for the first time this season! Same verve, musicality and joy!

quartz
04-09-2013, 03:36 PM

Would love to see Kaetlyn tackle something more off the beaten track musically. It seems like most people tend to agree she has great musicality and performance skills and a natural presence on the ice. She could do some really interesting programs, and I hope her coach and choreographer try something unique with her.

angelflies
04-09-2013, 10:17 PM
She is good but I think she needs to improve on technical and artistic to reach the top. Not just one. She doesnt have enough of either yet.

Vash01
04-10-2013, 12:28 AM
She is good but I think she needs to improve on technical and artistic to reach the top. Not just one. She doesnt have enough of either yet.

Right now Kaetlyn is not even on par with the other 3 young ladies - Liza, Adelina and Gracie. Unless she learns to land difficult jumps she is not going to make it to the top. She clearly has the time to learn, however. IMO she is being crowned way too early. Nobody knows how much she will develop.

bonmil
04-10-2013, 12:36 AM
Right now Kaetlyn is not even on par with the other 3 young ladies - Liza, Adelina and Gracie. Unless she learns to land difficult jumps she is not going to make it to the top. She clearly has the time to learn, however. IMO she is being crowned way too early. Nobody knows how much she will develop.

I think she is just as good as all of them. I don't understand what the hype is about Gracie. What has she done to "be on par with the others you mention?"

danafan
04-10-2013, 12:46 AM

What? Osmond has beaten all three of them in international competition, and the first two she has beaten twice this year. I don't think this statement is fair at all.

Mayra
04-10-2013, 01:01 AM

Nobody knows how any of these girls are going to develop. They are all young but inconsistent talent with a lot of potential. Your are also about two months too late with this. Nobody is crowning Kaetlyn as anything. :confused:

As for Kaetlyn not being on par with the other three you mentioned, the results at Worlds prove otherwise.

Proustable
04-10-2013, 01:11 AM

She's competed against Elizaveta twice. Won both competitions.

She's competed against Adelina three times. Won two competitions.

She's competed against Gracie twice. Won once.

Just sayin'

Alixana
04-10-2013, 03:28 AM
What? Osmond has beaten all three of them in international competition, and the first two she has beaten twice this year. I don't think this statement is fair at all.

Kaetlyn needs to include her 3Z in competition and work on a more difficult 3/3 combo so that she's more even technically with the other skaters mentioned. But this year Kaetlyn was more consistent than the other 3 IMO and hence the success. All in all, great senior debut!