PDA

View Full Version : Kaetlyn Osmond - Canada's hope

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Marco
03-15-2013, 03:01 AM
I think top 10 is pretty safe, but I wouldn't think about top 2 for now. :lol:

If she didn't skate so early I think her score could have been a little higher still. And she absolutely deserved every tenths she got with that wonderful performance.

PeterG
03-15-2013, 05:51 AM
And as long as she places in the top 10, Canada will get to send two ladies to the Olympics?

Marco
03-15-2013, 06:47 AM
And as long as she places in the top 10, Canada will get to send two ladies to the Olympics?

Yes, and can send three if she makes top 2. I think the two Canadian girls at Jr Worlds are both wonderful so hopefully one or both of them can go to Sochi along with Osmond.

AragornElessar
03-15-2013, 07:12 AM
First off....Welcome to the Big Time Young Lady and Congratulations on one heck of a debut at Worlds!!!

Considering what happened w/the thrashing the Blue Jays gave the Yankess in Spring Training today, I think it's safe to say that Kaetlyn also added a knock it out of the park performance today too. :D Just so very impressed w/not only how she's skating, but also how Ravi's handling her and her coaching. He's got her at a place right now where she's just building from one high to another, yet still keeping her grounded and doing the work needed to be done at the Club or the rink at the West Edmonton Mall. So kudos to the both of them!!!

Did anyone else see the draw yet for the FS? She's the second to last skater of the event. Which can go one of two ways. Either it's a long wait and where and what she's doing could start sinking in a bit or.... Kaetlyn can go out there w/the outlook of she's got nothing at all to lose and to just Go For It!!!

I'm thinking and hoping it's option number two. So very, very proud of her and thrilled for Ladies Skating in Canada. At last after seeing what our Ladies did at Cdns, I think it's finally safe to say the program has finally turned the corner.

At least I sure hope so.

One down. One to go. Here's to one heck of a performance of Carmen to end the season on for this very talented young lady. :)

PeterG
03-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Did anyone else see the draw yet for the FS? She's the second to last skater of the event. Which can go one of two ways. Either it's a long wait and where and what she's doing could start sinking in a bit or.... Kaetlyn can go out there w/the outlook of she's got nothing at all to lose and to just Go For It!!!

I've always wondered how much skaters know about what's happened before the stepped on ice. I'm such it can vary a lot from skater to skater. But do some try to seclude themselves as much as possible from everything that's happening, while others have their eyes directly on any available monitor so that they know EXACTLY what is happening? If Kaetlyn is the latter type, it all depends on how the other skaters have performed. If they've done well, her only option is to go for it 100%. If the skaters before her all have problems, then I'd be more concerned because then one might start to think, "should I play it safe to ensure I get on the podium? should I do a triple-double instead of the 3-3 and just do it cleanly and take a silver or bronze?". Either way, I hope Kaetlyn goes for it 100% as a way of saving, "look out for me in Sochi". If she plays it safe, others will see her as less of a threat. I'm thinking regardless of how things go, she will go for it. Saturday will be exciting. :D

NadineWhite
03-15-2013, 06:25 PM
To me Kaetlyn Osmond has it all, saw it the first time I saw her skate earlier in the season at some B event. In fact I would go so far as to say she's the best female figure skater I've ever seen come out of Canada since the great Barbara Ann Scott, which is fitting, considering Miss Scott passed away this year, and in her place God sent Kaetlyn. Jmho. :)

Reminiscing about my words from two months ago, which were right on btw :cool: , I would like to add that I predict she's going to win a world medal her first time at Worlds (just like Oksana Baiul did in 1993). :smokin:

She's simply exquisite. *bow*

AragornElessar
03-15-2013, 09:15 PM
NADINE!!! *shhhh* After today and the Pairs, I'm not saying what could or even will happen anymore.

Jammers
03-15-2013, 09:21 PM
Reminiscing about my words from two months ago, which were right on btw :cool: , I would like to add that I predict she's going to win a world medal her first time at Worlds (just like Oksana Baiul did in 1993). :smokin:

She's simply exquisite. *bow*

She's good but not Oksana good.

Spun Silver
03-15-2013, 10:55 PM
I have no idea where she will place tomorrow -- my guess would be around 6th because I expect Mao, Akiko, and Gracie to move up -- but I have every confidence she'll be on that Worlds podium soon. She's a big talent, and totally delightful. I hope she does her best tomorrow.

NadineWhite
03-15-2013, 11:53 PM
She's good but not Oksana good.

Jammers, that's the second time you've contradicted my opinion about Oksana, the first when I compared Miss Carolina Kostner to her, and the second time now. And I have to say I agree! :)

Being an Oksana Baiul Fan from literally the very beginning, even was part of her fan club (1st & last time ever joined one, lol), have all her books/programs/dolls/souvenir items, et al, I can honestly say I'm probably one of her biggest fans, if not top 5 at least. :D Based on that, there's literally been no one like her before or since, though I see glimpses every now & then in certain skaters, most especially by the greatest female figure skater in modern history ~ Yuna Kim ~ especially during the Olympic year. WOW! :smokin:

And I also see glimpses of her in Carolina Kostner, thus the reason why I'm not surprised Carolina received the highest PCS marks in the SP, well deserved. And now with Miss Kaetlyn Osmond I see her being so exquisite at such a young age that she's bound to earn a medal her first time at Worlds, just like Oksana 20 yrs. ago, though not gold like Oksana did, but certainly at least bronze. :cool:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KAETLYN!!!!:kickass:

bbkenn
03-16-2013, 02:01 AM
NADINE!!! *shhhh* After today and the Pairs, I'm not saying what could or even will happen anymore.

What happened with pairs?

shine
03-16-2013, 03:12 AM
Kaetlyn is such a breath is fresh air, in every sense of word. She skates with a kind of abandon and joy, and an uninhibited love to PERFORM and EXPRESS that I seriously don't remember seeing in any other ladies skater. It kind of reminds me of my favourite skater ever - Stephane Lambiel. It's so infectious and endearing. I just adore her.

shutterbug
03-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Kaetlyn tweeted earlier this morning that she was watching the Bugs Bunny & Tweety show on TV while getting ready for practice. :lol: Her performance ability is so well developed that it’s hard to remember she really is still just a kid. I’m glad that her first Worlds is at home where she’s comfortable and not dealing with a huge time change, strange food, etc. It made me smile when I heard “Girl on Fire” playing in the rink while she was waiting to start her SP, just as they had done for her at Canadians this year. :)

Typically young skaters who have done well in the SP tend to drop in the standings after the FP, so I’m not expecting her to challenge for a medal this year (although she should feel free to prove me wrong :lol:). Even skated perfectly, her FP simply doesn’t have enough content to land her on the podium. And that’s OK – her goal is top 10. She should make that as long as she stays on her feet for the most part. Sending lots of good vibes her way for a terrific performance this evening! :cheer2:

bonmil
03-16-2013, 06:05 PM
I have no idea where she will place tomorrow -- my guess would be around 6th because I expect Mao, Akiko, and Gracie to move up -- but I have every confidence she'll be on that Worlds podium soon. She's a big talent, and totally delightful. I hope she does her best tomorrow.

Why would you assume or expect that Gracie Gold will move up...is she a bigger talent than Kaetlyn Osmond?

Cachoo
03-16-2013, 06:37 PM
I love Gracie's potential but I think Kaetlyn artistically is the more mature skater right now. I could see her on the podium easily or very, very close to it. If I were judging I'd have her in second place after the short. I've made no secret that I think Kaetlyn is special but that doesn't mean I don't think we now have some American ladies who have that determined gleam in their eyes. I'm on Wagner's bandwagon and I think Gracie is a spitfire who will get better and better. I have a soft spot for Kaetlyn because I think when she is on the ice she makes herself emotionally available to us much the same way Michelle Kwan did---her joy is palpable.
I guess for the first time in a long time I am seriously loving some of the skating from the North American ladies.