PDA

View Full Version : Kaetlyn Osmond - Canada's hope

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Shaia
01-23-2013, 08:59 AM
Kaetlyn was better than Yuna has ever been? LMAO. Did you watch something called Vancouver Olympics?

I will say that Kaetlyn will never be as good as Yuna, and that's not a knock on Kaetlyn. Right now, Yuna would beat her by 30+ points.

naan
01-23-2013, 10:31 AM
There are always a few enthusiastic people. I think the balance of the thread says that people love her improvement over last year and hope she keeps improving (and stays healthy) but also expect a few bumps along the way.
I agree. Most people in this thread are just excited about her skating and hope she keeps improving. Nobody said Kaetlyn was better better than Yuna ever has been.
I read some people insist Kaetlyn is on par with Yuna in many ways in other forum, though.

Kaetlyn has the potential to have it all -- jumps, interpretation, skating skills, great body lines and the ability to "finish" her positions, and oodles of charisma.

I like Kaetlyn, she has many great qualities in her skating - big jumps, great transitions, choreography, interpretation and spark. That said, she still has many things to work on. She doesn't have difficult 3-3, TRUE 3Lz, and 3Lo. Some of jumps are high and powerful, but her air position is not ideal - it's not tight, and slightly leg wrap. Her skating skills are not bad, but needs a lot of works to be great. She needs to work on footwork and spins, too.

Well I don't agree.

Osmond didn't exactly show much back bend in any of her layback variations. Her positions overall are more refined and have prettier lines yes, but I would think back bend is ultimately the most important feature in a layback position yes?

At her best, Kim spins a much faster layback.
This.

Kaetlyn was better than Yuna has ever been? LMAO. Did you watch something called Vancouver Olympics?

I will say that Kaetlyn will never be as good as Yuna, and that's not a knock on Kaetlyn. Right now, Yuna would beat her by 30+ points.
It's rather premature to say this. Kaetlyn is young, given that she has improved remarkably in one year, she has a lot of potential to be great. But to be fair, 16-year-old Yuna was much better than Kaetlyn technically, and in my eyes, Yuna was slightly better artistically. Her Roxanne and Lark Ascending were masterpiece!

professordeb
01-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Cyn, if you wish to be an honourary Canadian, you get my vote and I say welcome!!!! The more the merrier.

shine
01-23-2013, 09:08 PM
Quote?

I will say that Kaetlyn will never be as good as Yuna, and that's not a knock on Kaetlyn.
And do we need a better example of how Yuna ubers turn people off?

clarie
01-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Right!!! This is Kaetlyn's thread and I assumed we were free to gush as we wished :lol:

Cachoo
01-23-2013, 11:29 PM
Quote?

And do we need a better example of how Yuna ubers turn people off?

I know Yuna is great and I wish I knew why this happens but there are some skaters you warm to: I love and miss Kwan and now I feel the same sort of excitement for Kaetlyn that I did for Michelle. I like Yuna but sometimes she leaves me cold. I don't know why---I know she is brilliant. But there was a joy that emanated from Michelle and I feel that Kaetlyn exudes that same sort of joy. I do hope she is given space and time to learn.

clarie
01-24-2013, 12:28 AM
I think she'll take her own space, and time, and move at her and her coach's pace. They have a plan and it's in motion. She's the only skater in a long time (if ever) that exudes that innner sparkle that I have seen........JMO. She makes me happy watching her.

Cyn
01-24-2013, 04:40 AM
Cyn, if you wish to be an honourary Canadian, you get my vote and I say welcome!!!! The more the merrier.

:D

Well, the following article is sure to get the Yunabot's knickers in all kinds of knots :D :EVILLE: :saint: :

Canada's Rising Star May Pose Challenge to Kim Yu-na (http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2013/01/23/2013012300798.html)

(the article is from the english version of The Chosun Ilbo (The Korean Daily News)

clarie
01-24-2013, 12:43 PM
:D

Well, the following article is sure to get the Yunabot's knickers in all kinds of knots :D :EVILLE: :saint: :

Canada's Rising Star May Pose Challenge to Kim Yu-na (http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2013/01/23/2013012300798.html)

(the article is from the english version of The Chosun Ilbo (The Korean Daily News)

OMG you are so right!!!:lol: Actually, I don't know whether to laugh or cry

TheIronLady
01-24-2013, 04:41 PM
She reminds me a lot of Emily Hughes. She has a similar strengths, body type and style.

TheIronLady
01-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Check out this interview of Kaetlyn by Liz Manley. Notice her not so subtle dig at Katarina and Debi Thomas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kncQsthnbMc#!

query5
01-25-2013, 06:20 PM
based on what i seen so far--kaetlyn should beat out both american ladies
possibe medal she has better technique and more fluidity, speed than the u.s. ladies. good job fr her. hopefully will skate well at worlds and f/c
i can see her coming in 1st/2nd at f/c
possible 2-4th at worlds

clarie
01-26-2013, 12:20 PM
I don't know if this has been posted here yet so here goes....some commercials beforehand.

Interview after Can Nats with Kaetlyn: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/video/#id=2327696331
What a level headed, down to earth, positive person she is.

euterpe
01-26-2013, 04:27 PM
She reminds me a lot of Emily Hughes. She has a similar strengths, body type and style.

Better hope that Kaetlyn turns out to be a better skater than Emily, who was prone to URs.

In 5 years of competition, Emily had just 3 international successes: JW bronze, 4C silver and one GP medal--a bronze.
She never won the US Championship.

Flora
01-26-2013, 04:43 PM
I don't know if this has been posted here yet so here goes....some commercials beforehand.

Interview after Can Nats with Kaetlyn: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/video/#id=2327696331
What a level headed, down to earth, positive person she is.

She's a total teenager. Cute interview! On one of the sessions I saw her practicing at, her and her friends put on some country music and were singing and dancing to it during the warm up. It was so cute and kinda goofy. And of course, minutes later she was landing triples all over the place. Sounds like the team recipe for success is to have fun while training hard.