PDA

View Full Version : Kaetlyn Osmond - Canada's hope

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

shine
01-18-2013, 09:44 PM
If that were the case, wouldn't Kaetlyn be just a baby?

I think there have been other wonderful Canadian ladies, and certainly results-wise there are several Canadian skaters more accomplished than Kaetlyn Osmond. You might want to save the hyperbole until she achieves more than a single Skate Canada win.

If that's how NadineWhite feels about Kaetlyn's skating, it is how she feels. In addition to talent and hardwork (both of which Kaetlyn obviously has), winning major championships takes a good combination of timing and luck, which is never a guarantee. If a skater makes me excited now because of the exceptional qualities they possess now, I'll get excited NOW. I don't know how far Osmond will go results wise but right now I happen to also find her the most exciting female skater to have ever come out of Canada. And I am a big Rochette fan.

ioana
01-18-2013, 10:00 PM
If a skater makes me excited now because of the exceptional qualities they possess now, I'll get excited NOW. I don't know how far Osmond will go results wise but right now I happen to also find her the most exciting female skater to have ever come out of Canada.

To me, there's a big difference between getting excited about someone's skating and saying so, and getting all 'divinely ordained second coming.' It wasn't even courtesy of the Skating Gods, nope the big God himself is involved in Canadian skating ladies finding a successor to Barbara Ann Scott. The latter just makes me :scream:, but this could be one of those situations where YMMV.

ETA: Osmond's Short program from Canadians is :respec:-worthy. http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=more/157/1/0/846912/clip/189

chipso1
01-18-2013, 11:40 PM
To me Kaetlyn Osmond has it all, saw it the first time I saw her skate earlier in the season at some B event. In fact I would go so far as to say she's the best female figure skater I've ever seen come out of Canada since the great Barbara Ann Scott, which is fitting, considering Miss Scott passed away this year, and in her place God sent Kaetlyn. Jmho. :)

I tend to think God has bigger things to worry about, but you never know.

:COP:

NadineWhite
01-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Lol all this because I offered my own personal opinion. :D

Seriously, get a grip, it's only skating, not life or death.

Anyhow, this definitely tells me Miss Osmond has arrived. Skating fans feeling threatened by her, eh? ;)

And to top it off I'm not even a Canadian figure skating fan, which one would know by reading my posts over at GS for over a decade. Yet even I can see the genius of Kaetlyn. That's because I am a figure skating fan first & foremost. :cool:

michiruwater
01-19-2013, 01:27 AM
It's a message board. What the hell are people going to do besides talk about each others opinions? You offered your opinion, other people thought it was a tad melodramatic and said so. That's what happens on a message board.

overedge
01-19-2013, 01:39 AM
And to top it off I'm not even a Canadian figure skating fan, which one would know by reading my posts over at GS for over a decade.

Then how would you know how she compares to other Canadian skaters?

chipso1
01-19-2013, 01:44 AM
Lol all this because I offered my own personal opinion. :D

Seriously, get a grip, it's only skating, not life or death.

Anyhow, this definitely tells me Miss Osmond has arrived. Skating fans feeling threatened by her, eh? ;)

And to top it off I'm not even a Canadian figure skating fan, which one would know by reading my posts over at GS for over a decade. Yet even I can see the genius of Kaetlyn. That's because I am a figure skating fan first & foremost. :cool:

My response was a bit tongue-in-cheek, since you apparently didn't understand.

Why would I feel threatened by Kaetlyn? Last time I checked, I didn't have to compete against her. Do I think she should be scoring 70+ at this point in time? No, but it's Nationals. I get that. I think her short program is one of the best of the season, and I think she'll continue to improve.

NadineWhite
01-19-2013, 02:27 AM
It's a message board. What the hell are people going to do besides talk about each others opinions? You offered your opinion, other people thought it was a tad melodramatic and said so. That's what happens on a message board.

I don't know about you but I don't come here to talk about other people's opinions :rolleyes:, rather I offer my own, but it's all good because as the old saying goes "you know what they say about opinions, they're like a-holes, we all have one.". ;) :lol:

Anyhow, carry on, I offered my opinion about the lovely Miss Osmond and have nothing more to say except "GOOD LUCK, KAETLYN, AT CANADIAN NATIONALS"!!!!:kickass:

michiruwater
01-19-2013, 02:33 AM
The whole point of a message board is discussion. Facts, our opinions, and our reactions to other people's opinions inform all of our discussions, in real life and on message boards. That's the way of life. You offer your opinion in reaction to other people's opinions. Your reaction to people talking about your opinion was to accuse them of feeling threatened, for some reason, and to tell them to get a grip, both of which are statements clearly informed by your opinion of the validity of the discussion. It's ridiculous to act as though you're on some superior moral plane because you don't talk about other people's opinions. Yes you do, if not directly. I have the same reaction to people who say, "I don't judge anyone." Yes you do. We make judgments, positive and negative, about people every single day. That's what human beings do.

Really
01-19-2013, 03:41 AM
I think Miss Osmond is the real deal. You go, girl!

clarie
01-19-2013, 12:38 PM
For the first time in many years, I am anticipating with pleasure the Canadian Ladies long programs with Kaetlyn and the other young skaters. What an improvement.
Go Kaetlyn et al :)

kwanette
01-19-2013, 12:50 PM
I thought that her sp was terrific, good for her..Good for Canada..

museksk8r
01-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Osmond has an energy and excitement about her skating that is infectious. Love her fearless confidence on the ice when she is competing. Great speed and amplitude on her jumps and her programs are stacked with transitions. No wonder her scores are so high; she performs the components that this system rewards. Her joy for skating is very apparent. Great for her! :)

Cyn
01-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Re-posting my comment about Kaetlyn's SP yesterday at Canadian Nats:

Kaetlyn!!! :eek: :respec: :cheer2:

I find her skating to be infinitely more enjoyable, entertaining, and better executed/performed than anything Yuna has done :D.

Congrats to her -- I hope she kicks ass this afternoon....I just wish I could find a live stream for the Ladies FS that isn't geoblocked in the US :drama: :fragile:

falling_dance
01-19-2013, 08:43 PM
I think Miss Osmond is the real deal. You go, girl!

Seconded. :)