PDA

View Full Version : Kaetlyn Osmond - Canada's hope

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

googooeyes
12-10-2012, 01:13 AM
sorry wrong post

elle123
12-11-2012, 03:39 AM
I hate to say this... but if she shows up to Nationals she sure as hell deserves the trip to worlds. Lacoste at her best will stand no chance to beat Osmond with a couple flaws.

Not to over-hype the girl but she is miles ahead of any Canadian lady in EVERY respect; Jump technique, Spins, Skating skills, Performance, Overall Quality, Jump Difficulty, Star Power....the list goes on and on. She also has international momentum going in her favour.

Sorry other ladies, you just don't make the cut.

Why are you sorry to say this, are you a huge Amelie fan?

I think it's a good thing that we have someone in the ladies field that can compete with the best in the world and can push the rest of the Canadian ladies - isn't that what we've wanted since Joannie stopped competing (in strictly amateur events)?

cbd1235
12-11-2012, 06:46 AM
Why are you sorry to say this, are you a huge Amelie fan?

I think it's a good thing that we have someone in the ladies field that can compete with the best in the world and can push the rest of the Canadian ladies - isn't that what we've wanted since Joannie stopped competing (in strictly amateur events)?

Hahah NO! I'm a sucker for girls who actually consistently land their jumps! Yes absolutely it's a fantastic thing :) I was sorry to say this because it's the harsh truth and perhaps some people won't agree with me (actually probably no one will disagree ;)) .

momsk8
12-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Osmonds marks are overhyped

hohoho
12-11-2012, 11:44 PM

That is quite the comment without any backup. Care to expand?

naan
12-12-2012, 12:05 AM
That is quite the comment without any backup. Care to expand?
Never mind. momsk8 thinks Yuna is a novice level skater who can't jump (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?86008-Skating-queen-Kim-set-to-return-(Threads-merged)&p=3769181&viewfull=1#post3769181) :shuffle:

cbd1235
12-12-2012, 01:06 AM

Any other skater complaints momsk8? Perhaps you'd like to criticize Mao's ever apparent lack of grace and fluidity too? Or Ashley's ridiculous non-existent consistency.

LOL

Fruit Loops
12-12-2012, 02:23 AM
Any other skater complaints momsk8? Perhaps you'd like to criticize Mao's ever apparent lack of grace and fluidity too? Or Ashley's ridiculous non-existent consistency.

LOL

I feel kind of bad for Osmond. She's barely on the scene and is already getting lots of online hate. She's almost become a curse world on other forums I visit. Makes me glad I'm a lurker for the most part. I can be thrilled for her in secret. :D I became a fan after her SP at Nationals last year. It's so exciting to see another Canadian lady rise to the occasion so quickly after Joannie left. We normally have to wait years and years for the next competitive skater.

I hope Osmond continues to improve and just skate with that confidence and joy that sets her apart from many of the other Canadian ladies. Give the other promising juniors something to shoot for!

clarie
12-12-2012, 02:30 AM
Skating with confidence and joy not only sets her apart from many other Canadian ladies but others as well. She is a joy to watch and I hope we will be seeing much of her in the next few years. :)

cbd1235
12-12-2012, 02:33 AM
I used to watch her skating videos from her fathers Youtube channel a year before the breakthrough short program at nationals last year. I always liked watching her and always followed her skating....but I could have never imagined she'd get so good so fast. I figured she'd end up similar to my other secret favourite Canadian skater Kate Charbonneau. Love Kate's beautiful skating but she'll never make it as an international skater unfortunately :(. I'm thrilled Kaetlyn didn't suffer a similar fate. :)

jl22aries
12-12-2012, 03:39 AM
I absolutely LOVE her skating. Her programs are the ones I've re-watched the most this season because, like Clarie pointed out, the JOY is so special to watch. Her skating makes me happy.

googooeyes
12-12-2012, 02:12 PM
I really like this girl. I think she has the right stuff at the right time at the right age. I'm really surprised at the amount of venom she has drawn - ala Chan etc. Maybe Canadian skaters are just not seen as legitamate for some reason. She sure has ruffled some feathers. Maybe that's a good indication! There seems to be a great loyalty to people's favourite skaters out there and their minds are not open to letting anyone new into the competitive picture. Kaitlyn is doing the most difficult stuff and doing it well. You can't deny that! I think we are in for some great future competition with Osmond, Gold and the young Russian girl.

hohoho
12-12-2012, 02:58 PM
I used to watch her skating videos from her fathers Youtube channel a year before the breakthrough short program at nationals last year. I always liked watching her and always followed her skating....but I could have never imagined she'd get so good so fast. I figured she'd end up similar to my other secret favourite Canadian skater Kate Charbonneau. Love Kate's beautiful skating but she'll never make it as an international skater unfortunately :(. I'm thrilled Kaetlyn didn't suffer a similar fate. :)

Seems like her dad has uploaded the videos from Challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA9PT6s2Gts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xgObMFqkWU

Very impressive. Better than Skate Canada GP. She definitely enjoys being out there.

l'etoile
12-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Seems like her dad has uploaded the videos from Challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA9PT6s2Gts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xgObMFqkWU

Very impressive. Better than Skate Canada GP. She definitely enjoys being out there.

Wow, now that was amazing! Can't wait for her being a fireball in Canadian Nats next month. With her keeping going like this, Canada has real chance in Team event and two tickets for Sochi.

Vash01
12-12-2012, 04:29 PM

I think that happens when a country has not had a star in a long time, and fans are hungry. Actually if Joannie returns to competition next year, Canada could have two strong ladies at the Olympics. I am sure Osmond will get better over time, and optimism is not always a bad thing.