PDA

View Full Version : Kaetlyn Osmond - Canada's hope

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

geoskate
10-29-2012, 01:42 AM
I don't think Osmond will receive PCS marks even close to what she received in Skate Canada.

That would be an interesting Vbet, which I think you would lose.

mag
10-29-2012, 02:42 AM
I don't think Osmond will receive PCS marks even close to what she received in Skate Canada. I was :confused: at what the judges were giving her considering she really was an unknown skater until even just this season when she won Nebelhorn. As for her jumping technique, her flip and lutz have a strange lean the air and I doubt under immense pressure she'll be able to stand up on them (well she didn't stand up on the lutz in Skate Canada anyway).

I didn't realize there was a PCS category where the mark is based on how well known the skater is ;)

PeterG
10-29-2012, 03:21 AM
I didn't realize there was a PCS category where the mark is based on how well known the skater is ;)

I agree. Never in the world of figure skating has a skater's marks been bumped up because of that skater's reputation. :P

Sugar
10-29-2012, 04:37 AM
SC 2012 EXHIBITION - Kaetlyn OSMOND
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuD7awQTfEY&feature=g-hist
love it!

Bournekraatzfan
10-29-2012, 05:51 AM
Congratulations on a great set of performances, Kaetlyn! What a debut! I really enjoyed watching her, and look forward to seeing her skating develop. I love her energy. and congrats to her coach, Ravi Walia, as well. I used to like him when he skated singles, and it is so great to see him doing so well as a coach:)

I think Osmond was rightly scored. It was Suzuki that was underscored.

ITA. and, imo, this isn't the first time Akiko was underscored. I just don't know what she has to do to get the PCS marks (I feel) she deserves. congrats to her on a gorgeous LP, though. I love think it could become a signature piece for her.

Thanks for the link to the EX, Sugar!

clarie
10-29-2012, 11:57 AM
I am over the moon on this girl's skating. She skates big, and with so much confidence. I think her exhibition piece is charming and in the aftermath of SC, so appropriate :).

Flora
10-30-2012, 06:02 AM
Just saw her on the local news. They were at the airport to greet her return to Edmonton. She`s hoping for another Grand Prix and if not, she`s focusing on the Challenge event in Saskatchewan. And she`s taking a week off from skating. She seems grounded and focused.

spikydurian
10-30-2012, 07:00 AM
I am over the moon on this girl's skating. She skates big, and with so much confidence. I think her exhibition piece is charming and in the aftermath of SC, so appropriate :).
This young lady will go places given time.

julieann
10-30-2012, 05:21 PM

I agree! I just watch the ladies and I am so happy for her. I love her skating and hope she continues to do very well!

mag
10-30-2012, 06:08 PM
I agree. Never in the world of figure skating has a skater's marks been bumped up because of that skater's reputation. :P

Of course they aren't Peter, what ever could you be thinking? :D

While I realize that it could be different posters, I find it funny that "we" complain about well known skaters being held up and then "we" turn around and say that an unknown skater shouldn't get high PCS because they aren't well known or established. In general I find that we tend to agree with the PCS marks when skaters we like do well, and disagree with the PCS marks when skaters we don't really like beat our favourites. Of course this doesn't apply to everyone, but it does happen. There was nothing in the original post I quoted about why KO's PCS were too high other than the fact that she was relatively unknown.

The Accordion
10-31-2012, 12:06 AM
Also - people complain about the PCS marks not being separated - but when KO gets high marks for Performance and Interpretation at Skate Canada people cry out that she is not in the same league as Suzuki and that her marks are laughable.
This even though Akiko's SS marks were higher and even though at least some people who saw them live said KO skated much bigger, faster and projected / sold the program better.

sk8ingcoach
10-31-2012, 08:39 PM
I agree that KO had good performance/execution and interpretation. But Suzuki should have had a further lead in skating skills, transitions and choreography.

Emdee
11-07-2012, 07:00 PM
I read somewhere that Polina S will not be at NHK. will Kaetlyn now have a chance in Japan? Or will this spot be filled by someone else.

Just speculation only at this time.

hohoho
11-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Osmond is in the group of 5 for the first alternates. Not sure if Shelpen was a host pick or an ISU assignment. Would Japan really want Osmond to go there after beating two of their skaters at SC? My bet is on Nagasu from US to get selected. But there is still the chance that Czisny may not go. Would like to see Osmond get a chance at GPF and show that her scores at SC were not inflated.

pinky166
11-07-2012, 09:26 PM
I read somewhere that Polina S will not be at NHK. will Kaetlyn now have a chance in Japan? Or will this spot be filled by someone else.

Just speculation only at this time.

Oh dear I hope Polina is not seriously injured. She was visibly limping at SC and her trainwreck performances surely had to have been attributable, at least somewhat, to a physical ailment of sorts. If Alissa also withdraws maybe Mirai and Kaitlyn will get to go!