PDA

View Full Version : Kurt returns to "Singing in the Rain"

Pages : [1] 2

victorskid
09-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Read his blog entry on the CBC site at: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/opinion/2012/09/browning-to-compete-again.html

Take time to check out the linked video too :)

skatesindreams
09-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Looking forward to Kurt's program,
Whatever he does will be worth watching.

l'etoile
09-27-2012, 08:08 PM
His blog entry just got me more excited for MWO! It'll be great to see how skaters of 6.0 generation feel and adapt to new system. Kurt gives a lot of insight for it!

tut88
09-27-2012, 08:37 PM
WAU !!!
I love that program !!!
I'm so happy that Kurt will skate it again !!
What a big achivement this competition !!
Can't wait to see it !

orbitz
09-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Doug was able to get Brian Orser to land a triple axel at the age of 40

Was this filmed?

Impromptu
09-27-2012, 09:36 PM
Was this filmed?

I think so? I remember he landed one at the Goodwill Games in 2000 (which were televised) and I'm pretty sure he was around 40.

Aussie Willy
09-28-2012, 04:14 AM
Kurt's performance to Singing in the Rain is a classic. I really look forward to see the new version. Will they make it rain in the stadium for him?

stejoho40
09-28-2012, 05:38 AM
Aww...that was so much fun to watch again.

Japanfan
09-28-2012, 06:03 AM
I hate hate hate Singer in the Rain, no matter who skates it. Ditto 'Smile and the world smiles with you', whatever the name is. . .

The good news to me is that Honda and Candaloro will compete again. That's very cool.

ETA I met Honda at the 2010 Olympics in the smoking section outside the arena. He was covering the event a Japanese broadcaster. He was smoking quite seriously (1 or 2 in a break) and looked a bit heavier than he was as a competitor. So it will interesting to see how he reinvents himself for this comp. Ditto Candaloro and Yagudin. I'm rooting for Candaloro and Honda - hope we get access to the competition.

LLOS
09-28-2012, 09:37 AM
This sounds really great, I love this performance!

Whats the name of this event and when will it take place?

fsfan22
09-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Without hearing this news until now, I was watching Kurt's Singing in the Rain performance online yesterday and was thinking that it would be great to bring it back for the Medal Winners Open. Great minds think alike!

kwanatic
09-28-2012, 02:41 PM
*fangirl squealing* BEST. PERFORMANCE. EVER!!

Kurt's performance was amazing! The set, the rain, the skating...PERFECTION! I don't know that the program will be as awesome without the set and rain and everything, but I'm so excited to hear he'll be revisiting that one!

overedge
09-28-2012, 03:22 PM
The US Adult Figure Skating Committee posted about this on their Facebook page, with a headline to the effect of "Kurt returns to competition" - and when I saw it, my first thought was that Kurt was going to compete in adult competitions :eek:

I must admit that when I read the story and saw he was competing in a different kind of event, I was relieved for my fellow adult skaters who would have had to compete against him.....

orbitz
09-28-2012, 04:09 PM
The US Adult Figure Skating Committee posted about this on their Facebook page, with a headline to the effect of "Kurt returns to competition" - and when I saw it, my first thought was that Kurt was going to compete in adult competitions :eek:

I must admit that when I read the story and saw he was competing in a different kind of event, I was relieved for my fellow adult skaters who would have had to compete against him.....

Well the great Midori Ito didn't win her category at Adult Nationals so you never know ;)

overedge
09-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Well the great Midori Ito didn't win her category at Adult Nationals so you never know ;)

She didn't win her category at the ISU *international* adult competition (I don't know if Japan has adult nationals).