PDA

View Full Version : Kurt returns to "Singing in the Rain"

Pages : 1 [2]

leapfrogonice
09-29-2012, 01:49 PM
The allowance of props (hat, umbrella) will make this entertaining. Wonder if he can have the (iconic) lamp post out there as well

skatesindreams
09-29-2012, 07:00 PM
This sounds really great, I love this performance!

Whats the name of this event and when will it take place?

Here's the thread about the "Medal Winners Open":
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83729

The Accordion
09-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Am I crazy - or did Ilia Kulik do a pro piece with a hat? And in my head - Dean was involved but I may be just making that up.
(sorry I posted this in the wrong thread)

lulu
09-30-2012, 12:00 AM
*fangirl squealing* BEST. PERFORMANCE. EVER!!

Kurt's performance was amazing! The set, the rain, the skating...PERFECTION! I don't know that the program will be as awesome without the set and rain and everything, but I'm so excited to hear he'll be revisiting that one!

Can I join you in the fangirl squealing? :D Such an iconic program, even without the rain and the full stage set-which helped made the program so magical, I'm looking forward to seeing Kurt's 2012 version.

I like all of the male skaters performing at the Medal Winners, but I am especially looking forward to Kurt Browning and Ilia Kulik. :swoon:

alilou
09-30-2012, 01:22 AM
Am I crazy - or did Ilia Kulik do a pro piece with a hat? And in my head - Dean was involved but I may be just making that up.
Oh I so remember this piece. And loved it. It was soon after he turned pro, was choreographed by Dean. It was "My Baseball Cap" and he threw that hat around all over the place. Unfortunately he never performed it often enough to really perfect it, but it was still pretty good. The performance I saw (on TV) was probably at World Pro's soon after he retired. Maybe I can find it on youtube.

ETA : Here it is. And he did do a lot of performances since he performed it with SOI (didn't know that). Anyway this version has him working with Chris Dean on choreo a bit at the beginning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48V4w1NzeZE

lulu
09-30-2012, 01:29 AM
Oh I so remember this piece. And loved it. It was soon after he turned pro, was choreographed by Dean. It was "My Baseball Hat" and he threw that hat around all over the place. Unfortunately he never performed it often enough to really perfect it, but it was still pretty good. The performance I saw (on TV) was probably at World Pro's soon after he retired. Maybe I can find it on youtube.

Is this it? http://youtu.be/7tileKDK4eg

The Accordion
09-30-2012, 02:15 AM
Haha - you are all awesome! I meant to post this in the Patrick Chan thread. And then when I went back to put in an article and the Youtube link -I couldn't find my original post. Thanks for knowing and taking the time anyhow! And if I may commit thread drift for a bit longer - what do you think of Dean giving Patrick another hat piece as an exhibition?

midori
09-30-2012, 03:11 AM
The allowance of props (hat, umbrella) will make this entertaining. Wonder if he can have the (iconic) lamp post out there as well

Probably not, because self-standing props are not allowed. Or so I have heard.

Teenes
09-30-2012, 08:17 PM
From Kurt's twitter last night, he's also returning to the Tragically Hip. They wrote the song "Antares" for him back in 1998 and it appears they've done it again - writing and recording a brand new song for him to use. I'm wondering if we'll see that number at Carnival on Ice. Here's hoping!

lulu
09-30-2012, 10:55 PM
From Kurt's twitter last night, he's also returning to the Tragically Hip. They wrote the song "Antares" for him back in 1998 and it appears they've done it again - writing and recording a brand new song for him to use. I'm wondering if we'll see that number at Carnival on Ice. Here's hoping!

Thanks for the info. :)

Terri C
10-02-2012, 03:02 PM

Alright!!! Looking forward to it if it makes American TV!!

kimkom
10-03-2012, 03:56 AM
Was this filmed?

It was filmed because I watched it on TV.

Here it is (http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=Lh27NlVuCN4). :).